Anyone gotten a kill with pulse grenades?

The reason I ask is because I’ve got my eyes on the Warrior MTRX armor, and you need to get the Forerunner Loadout commendation up to master to unlock it, which means getting kills with the pulse grenades. Problem is, that seems to be a tad on the difficult side, seeing as how the opponent can just waltz out of range before it goes off. So has anyone found a way to use them effectively and get kills with them?

> The reason I ask is because I’ve got my eyes on the Warrior MTRX armor, and you need to get the Forerunner Loadout commendation up to master to unlock it, which means getting kills with the pulse grenades. Problem is, that seems to be a tad on the difficult side, seeing as how the opponent can just waltz out of range before it goes off. So has anyone found a way to use them effectively and get kills with them?

I saw on a vid with Walshy or Kampy on adrift that when they saw someone going over the lift they’d plop a pulse nade down where the person was soon to land and then shoot them with a few shots while the person was in the air.

That might work, because that why they’d be damaged and fly directly onto the grenade, which would kill them pretty quickly I assume.

I can beat that, I’ve gotten DOUBLE kills. As an area denial weapon, the pulse grenade owns plus if you can predict your opponent’s next move and drop a grenade in front of them (blown up warthogs this way).

You know there is a reason 343 limited the pulse grenade to one per spawn, IT OWNS.

I don’t think I have a single kill with them, maybe a couple in campaign… But then I really don’t know how they function (specifically) to put them to any situational use.

> > The reason I ask is because I’ve got my eyes on the Warrior MTRX armor, and you need to get the Forerunner Loadout commendation up to master to unlock it, which means getting kills with the pulse grenades. Problem is, that seems to be a tad on the difficult side, seeing as how the opponent can just waltz out of range before it goes off. So has anyone found a way to use them effectively and get kills with them?
>
> I saw on a vid with Walshy or Kampy on adrift that when they saw someone going over the lift they’d plop a pulse nade down where the person was soon to land and then shoot them with a few shots while the person was in the air.
>
> That might work, because that why they’d be damaged and fly directly onto the grenade, which would kill them pretty quickly I assume.

I think we should listen to this guy I’m gonna keep that in mind as well

> I can beat that, I’ve gotten DOUBLE kills. As an area denial weapon, the pulse grenade owns plus if you can predict your opponent’s next move and drop a grenade in front of them (blown up warthogs this way).
>
> You know there is a reason 343 limited the pulse grenade to one per spawn, IT OWNS.

I think the point here is that you cant use them like frags or stickies.

I’ve gotten a few in Dominion. If you can land them by the console, you’ll probably pick up a kill or two.

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a kill on War Games with a Pulse Grenade before . . . I only use them to drain out the shields and lure others into a trap where I am sitting with a Scattershot aha (Haven)!

The Pulse Grenades are easier to get kills than a lot of people seem to think.

They deal their damage when the grenade first explodes, while it’s pulsating & when it implodes on itself, giving you three different opportunities to deal damage.

• Throw it at the enemy’s feet to instantly empty their shields(well, close to empty), giving you what is essentially a free kill.
  • Throw them onto an objective site–such as a Dominion capture point–and nobody will go near it due to the fear of death from it.
  • Throw one at the end of a gravity lift(Longbow or Adrift lifts, for example) and people generally can’t escape the implosion, giving you the easy kill.

Also, from what I’ve heard, to gain credit for the Forerunner Loadout Master commendation, you only have to damage the enemy before killing them, not actually kill them with the grenade.

> I’ve heard, to gain credit for the Forerunner Loadout Master commendation, you only have to damage the enemy before killing them, not actually kill them with the grenade.

That would be excellent if it’s true. I’ll have to investigate that.

I was killed by a Pulse Grenade the other day. I took cover in a corner when I was a 2 shot, then I started hearing a weird electronic sound, and then I died. I have seen Pulse Grenades used so scarcely, and they’ve been so easy to dodge, I didn’t recognise the noise when one is damaging me, so I had to watch the killcam to discover that a guy put one at my feet while I just sat there wondering what the hell the noise was and what the hell was happening.

I haven’t even come close to getting a kill with them…

Honestly I don’t see the point in trying when I can spawn with 2 stickies.

i havent had any kills but i think maybe you should try using them in capture the flag or king of the hill since you know the main areas in which people will be.

Example: you know where the flag guy is at all times and knows where he has to bring it so beat him to the punch and meet him at the destination.

Got my first one today, it’s really good for KOTH.

All my pulse grenade kills (5) have come from enemies that are AFK…

Sure have, gotten about three I think. They’re great for using as traps when retreating- like on the side drops on Haven or the stairways, if an enemy tries to follow you down/up and you time it right- it will strip them of their shields and if you’re lucky, kill them outright with the final bang.

they are useless. they only seem useful when you want to delay an enemy coming towards you in a small corridor

wherever you would get a pulse nade kill, you’d get one much easier with 2 plasma nades lol just IMO I still think someone should spawn with 2 of them like the rest, but I think the entire KOTH area would be covered lol

King of the Hill. Got 7-10 kills with it once in a single game. They are best used (I’ve found) to finish players off. In KOTH, everyone is running into a small area and under fire. Pop one of them (or two if you have the grenadier package) and people walk into it by mistake and drain their remaining life. I’ve gotten double kills with it too.

Outside KOTH I’m not sure though, but I see it more of a finishing-someone-off instead of trying to blast them away from it first. And another tactic, again if you have two because of the mod, throw one to the left of a strafing player then immediately throw it to the right of the them. They’ll back away from your first one right into the second one.

they are pretty easy to use, i´ve tried them in this couple of days, and i can say that they can apply to menay situations, but more as finishers, landing 2-3 shots on an enemy and then throwing it at him will most likely give you the kill