Anyone going dark soon?

Im just wondering if anyone is going dark and when? im just getting scared, things seem to be slipping through the 343’s doors and i dont want to get the campaign spoiled?

anyone else worried?

Not just yet, there is still some time before release date for new information about Campaign, Spartan OPs and War Games. I wouldn’t want to go dark to soon but maybe in early October.

yeah i figured that might be a good time, will have to wait and see i guess

Im probably going dark coming Wednesday because school starts then. Im gonna focus on school and try to get ahead so that I can play the living -Yoink- out of Halo 4 coming November 6th

Probably best to go dark once they announce RTM (going gold). Weeks before Halo Reach came out, -Yoink- over at Bungie.net constantly put up threads there with spoilers in the titles of threads. Sadly, I knew how each member of Noble died weeks ahead. I say go dark or go to the fantastic and mature forums at HBO where Louis Wu and GrimBrotherOne do a great job of keeping the jerks away. :slight_smile:

I don’t ever really go dark, I just try to avoid videos/threads/articles with the keywords: campaign, story, ending, something-not-ending-with-map-or-armor revealed, and things with exclamation marks and question marks together at the end.

Im not sure when a good time to go dark is, but just be careful. I ended up seeing the end of halo reach before it came out… #regret

I will always choose to look at every leaked article and video to ruin every facet of the game before release. It’s the worst thing ever. I like to know things even if that means having it spoiled. I just hope that the whole Halo 4 story isn’t leaked. If I can help it I’m going to try to not look.

I’ll be hitting the lights now and only watching trailers. I think there’s been enough info from PAX.

If you’re thinking about or planing on going dark, just go dark, don’t waste everyone’s time by posting threads about it.

Also, if you’re worried about spoilers in theses forums, the forum staff will most likely be locking threads if they are not using spoiler tags, and putting the posts in spoiler tags to keep people from getting made. Also you see a thread like “Possible ending?” ignore the thread, and avoid it like it was -Yoink!-. No one is forcing you to read any spoiler threads.

Also keep in mind that all leaks are not allowed, and they will be reported, and removed by the forum staff, so it doesn’t matter if you go dark or not, if you choose to, you can get the same amount of information on the campaign as someone who has gone dark.

I always say I will, but I never do. :’(

> Im not sure when a good time to go dark is, but just be careful. I ended up seeing the end of halo reach before it came out… #regret

yeah that scares me… i would be crushed.

I’m ready to go dark already. I’m sold and will definitely be getting this game, anything else to be revealed I’ll allow myself to be surprised with, even if it’s only one weapon, it’ll be a pleasent surprise :smiley:

Meesa go dark around the middle of October

> I always say I will, but I never do. :’(

I know that feel bro.

> If you’re thinking about or planing on going dark, just go dark, don’t waste everyone’s time by posting threads about it.
>
> Also, if you’re worried about spoilers in theses forums, the forum staff will most likely be locking threads if they are not using spoiler tags, and putting the posts in spoiler tags to keep people from getting made. Also you see a thread like “Possible ending?” ignore the thread, and avoid it like it was -Yoink!-. No one is forcing you to read any spoiler threads.
>
>
> Also keep in mind that all leaks are not allowed, and they will be reported, and removed by the forum staff, so it doesn’t matter if you go dark or not, if you choose to, you can get the same amount of information on the campaign as someone who has gone dark.

calm down

I feel like I should but I probably won’t.

*Future regrets inbound.

Unless there’s an actual leak, nothing will get spoiled. And honestly, if it’s a link to a leak that claims to reveal the plot of the game, and you click on it, that’s your own fault for being warned by the link, and following it anyway. And if the link didn’t warn you, it’s your fault for NOT stopping reading/watching immediately after you realize what it is.

I will just try to not view any CAMPAIGN news that’s story ending.

> > If you’re thinking about or planing on going dark, just go dark, don’t waste everyone’s time by posting threads about it.
> >
> > Also, if you’re worried about spoilers in theses forums, the forum staff will most likely be locking threads if they are not using spoiler tags, and putting the posts in spoiler tags to keep people from getting made. Also you see a thread like “Possible ending?” ignore the thread, and avoid it like it was -Yoink!-. No one is forcing you to read any spoiler threads.
> >
> >
> > Also keep in mind that all leaks are not allowed, and they will be reported, and removed by the forum staff, so it doesn’t matter if you go dark or not, if you choose to, you can get the same amount of information on the campaign as someone who has gone dark.
>
> calm down

I am calm, I’m just saying “going dark” threads are not needed, there is no discussion value in them, they are nothing but blogs, and waste of space.