Anyone get a steak? "Bungie Day '11"

It was so random, I had to participate. A steak. A free meal is always something to play for. Unfortunately, I didn’t even play Bungie. The upside was I did get to play with a lot of cool people.

So is anyone going to get a steak?

Didn’t get matched with bungie either and most players i was matched with didn’t try to win at all . I think bungie could have had more than four employees playing but whatever.

I don’t think that many people actually steaked bungie either?

I watched the live stream off and on during the day, and happened to see at least four matches that ended in STEAKS. I’m thinking they had to give a good number away, but I’m not sure.

Yeah it would’ve been nice if Bungie had more than four players going at a time, but alas, it was not meant to be.

I for one am looking forward to the Vidoc, and the next update. Onward and upward.

<4

With almost 50,000 people in the B-Day playlist and only one Bungie team, chances were astronomically low to play against them. Still, I’m happy for anyone who had the luck of playing against Bungie, and kudos to those who won! Mahlzeit! :slight_smile:

Nope. Played a few games, got frustrated. Went back to Big Team/Score Attack/Firefight Arcade.

Here’s a sypnosis of the day’s events, my opinion of what went on, and some perfection commentary from the arena.
What did you think of bungie day?

I didn’t partake in it, but it looked like a colossal waste of time. Congrats to those that matched and steaked Bungie, but really? One 4-man team in a playlist with over 40K people searching? Also, I hear they did a terrible job with map and gametype selection (lots of Armor Lock.)

> I didn’t partake in it, but it looked like a colossal waste of time. Congrats to those that matched and steaked Bungie, but really? One 4-man team in a playlist with over 40K people searching? Also, I hear they did a terrible job with map and gametype selection (lots of Armor Lock.)

oh yeah there was tones of it, I saddly played it hoping bungie would deliver, but no. The maps were terrible, everyone would use armor lock (for elite slayer people would run up to you stick you then go into armor lock), and it was just horrible.

> I didn’t partake in it, but it looked like a colossal waste of time. Congrats to those that matched and steaked Bungie, but really? One 4-man team in a playlist with over 40K people searching? Also, I hear they did a terrible job with map and gametype selection (lots of Armor Lock.)

Yeah i was sort of disappointed that I never faced Bungie, and how the community acted (many people were using AL… :frowning: )

A lot of AL abuse in the playlist, but I think some people were using it as a way to say “Hey Bungie! Armor Lock sucks! See? You stuck me and I rejected your stick and killed you! HAHAHA!! You fail.”

For my own personal experience in the playlist, I had fun. I plan on getting some panos from it if I can get the time to do it.

World kicked Bungie’s -Yoink-, I can’t believe they lost by such a large margin, they should have to mail everyone with a Bnet account steak for losing by more than 20 matches.

> World kicked Bungie’s Yoink!, I can’t believe they lost by such a large margin, they should have to mail everyone with a Bnet account steak for losing by more than 20 matches.

well we know thats never going to happen though

P.S Killrraider how is your machinima for the contest comeing along?

> > World kicked Bungie’s Yoink!, I can’t believe they lost by such a large margin, they should have to mail everyone with a Bnet account steak for losing by more than 20 matches.
>
> well we know thats never going to happen though
>
> P.S Killrraider how is your machinima for the contest comeing along?

We decided that we weren’t going to be finished in time for the contest. :frowning: We really want to make sure our machinima is good.

> World kicked Bungie’s Yoink!, I can’t believe they lost by such a large margin, they should have to mail everyone with a Bnet account steak for losing by more than 20 matches.

yeah i remember how it was 23-23 in the morning and then ended with 48-83

I had a lot of fun even though I didn’t get to play against Bungie. But I knew that the chances were extremely slim, so I didn’t mind.

As for the gametypes and maps, I didn’t mind them. It was all very basic like back in September, and in fact rather refreshing compared to the more streamlined (read: changed due to constant complaining) playlists we have nowadays.

> Here’s a sypnosis of the day’s events, my opinion of what went on, and some perfection commentary from the arena.
> What did you think of bungie day?

If that is you in the vid.

You do make a fair point which is about bungie not play testing their maps but at the same time you have to remember just because they made the game doesn’t mean they’ll be good at it.

Plus, sword and shotgun, sharing is caring man but nice perfecion anywho.