Anyone feel like there won't be a season 2?

Anyone else feel like 343i is not going to make a spartan ops season 2? I feel like they’re just going to continue the story in some other way and leave out spartan ops instead of learning from it and making it better. It’s not just the enemies placement and maps but its the whole combat. Like we shouldn’t be super combined when our shields are still up. Our shields take way to long to recharge and having an armour mod to do that is not a fix. It’s like having an armour mod to make a battle rifle 4 shot instead of balancing it across the board. The elite’s melee combat leaves to be desired. It seems like elites are stronger than prometheans and fire so much more/accurately/do more damage than prometheans. Shouldn’t the knights be more dangerous with a lightrifle than an elite with a carbine?

The weapons too, they don’t all feel too right. The human battle rifle and DMR seem too strong compared to other loadout weapons like the lightrifle. It’s like having to be at a disadvantage for using forerunner weapons (which should be stronger). There are many things that could improve in spartan ops but I feel like 343i is going to just do minor changes of any, and not make a spartan ops season 2 and not learn from what could improve to make a better season.

They’re not going to make a season 2. They’ve said this several times over.

No plans to announce a season 2. They didn’t say directly, “we’re not going to make a season 2”.

Gah, it seems like unless the threads are hot and current or controversial/already have a bunch of threads like that, they don’t get replied to often.

I do feel that way! Probably because they’ve said that! (Which, like you, makes me very sad)

> They’re not going to make a season 2. They’ve said this several times over.

Links please. I’ve never heard this said.

I go on other games m, sometimes people ask if they’re is going to be a season 2 and when is it coming out. It’s so disappointing.
Vic Deleon told me before the game came out that spartan ops could be their way of providing continuous content that wouldn’t end, something along those lines. To see the concept potentially go to waste because it was not executed too too well… It’s… Ugh…

> No plans to announce a season 2. They didn’t say directly, “we’re not going to make a season 2”.

Just like they don’t have any plans for Campaign/Spartan Ops Theatre either. It’s not going to happen, when they say “no plans” take it as a no.

> Links please. I’ve never heard this said.

Where have you been all this time?

I think if there is going to be a Season 2 it will come in disk form with other content. I think a viable Season 2 wouldn’t work in DLC format as there would be a good number of players that wouldn’t have the HDD space for it. I would guess if it does get made that it would release sometime around the Holiday season.

i liked the spartan ops wish they would add more to it. was a very interesting mode

If they tried to do a Season 2 for Halo 4, they’d lose more money because there simply aren’t enough players to warrant a profit (without a doubt they’d charge for it).

November 6th, 2012 - 400k+ players were playing, now after Season 1 & the War Games Pass DLC season ending, we have only 30k players on at peak time.

There won’t be a Season 2, not for Halo 4 but I don’t see them dropping the whole Spartan Ops concept entirely for Halo Xbox One.

As far as I know, this is the latest statement on Spartan Ops:

RTX Panel: What’s Next: Halo 4 Summer 2013

Skip to 1:15:19

No season 2 friend, they’ve already moved on from this…
=[

Then why call season 1… season 1 if they weren’t going to make a 2nd?

There will be no Spartan Ops Season 2.

Proof is here at about the 1:15:25 mark

The story isnt done, but Season 2 isnt happening

> Then why call season 1… season 1 if they weren’t going to make a 2nd?

Doesn’t mean Season 2 will be continued on Halo 4.

No season two in Halo 4. That does not mean there will not be a season two in the next game.

Frank O’Conner has said it several times before there are no plans for a season two. Just take that as a NO.

If it turns out otherwise, then be happy about it.

Personally, I’m hoping for a season two before the launch of Halo 5. Be that through Halo 4 or just as vids on Waypoint.

Frank has said we haven’t seen/heard the last of Majestic. So there is that.

As one who put a LOT of time into Spartan Ops, not just through playing, but by making comic books of each episode and a graphic novel of the full season, I am disappointed there will be no season two.

Yes, the implication is that there would have been a season two. Just as in tv shows though, things get cancelled well before the creators had planned on. That is the case here.

Still, knowing that we will again see Majestic at some point in time gives me hope, even if it’s not in Halo 4.

I’d love a season 2 but I can’t see it happening.

Please let it be in 5 at least.

A lot of people have been asking for Spartan Ops, Season 2. A lot of people have also been asking for Armor DLC; and look how that’s turned out. Yeah, I think we’ll see Season 2 eventually. If not, perhaps even the return of Firefight mode as DLC, if they can do that.

> > No plans to announce a season 2. They didn’t say directly, “we’re not going to make a season 2”.
>
> Just like they don’t have any plans for Campaign/Spartan Ops Theatre either. It’s not going to happen, when they say “no plans” take it as a no.

I remember them saying the exact same thing about a Halo 1 remake only a few months before it was announced. Sometimes, a developer has to lie to hide stuff that they’re not allowed to talk about.

I really hope that there will be a Season 2 of Spartan Ops, it really was fun to play, especially the second half, and I know that they can make it even better in the future!

> A lot of people have been asking for Spartan Ops, Season 2.

How many is “a lot”?