Anyone else tired of all the BRs?

I knew it was coming once that update said 4 shot BR returns, but seriously. I can’t play a single game of Infinity Slayer or Regicide without most if not all players using the BR. I miss the variety of using BR, DMR, Carbine, AR or whatever you liked to use. Now I feel like I have to use the BR otherwise it won’t end well. I know there’s ‘Legendary’ Slayer but that just doesn’t feel right to me.

Meh.

It’s pretty ridiculous, but the BR can still be beat by the other weapons, just with a higher skill requirement.

BR needs it’s RoF lowered for it to be perfectly balanced.

True the BR is boring hence why I like loadouts to improve variety even it is just a little bit.

Nope, I see much more variety now then ever. Before the TU the DMR was the most used gun for a reason. At this point the Battle rifle is Halo to most people, if only there weren’t stupid customizable loudouts so that people wouldn’t feel it was unbalanced.

> Meh.
>
> It’s pretty ridiculous, but the BR can still be beat by the other weapons, just with a higher skill requirement.

It hardly difficult to use. The covy and LR require quite a bit of skill to use. The BR has turned into a more skill required DMR

> Nope, I see much more variety now then ever. Before the TU the DMR was the most used gun for a reason. At this point the Battle rifle is Halo to most people, if only there weren’t stupid customizable loudouts so that people wouldn’t feel it was unbalanced.

Loadouts are fine apart from the PP and PGs and the BS all of which are the only downsides. The BR is kind of OP just not to the pre TU DMR extent.

I’ve grown into a more aggressive and competitive player after playing just for the good times, so the BR has become nothing short of my best-friend.

Battle Rifle is arguably one of the best weapons in the game, so that’s why you’ll see lots of players using it. It’s very flexible, has a really cool 3-shot burst, 2-shot melee, 4-shot kills (with the headshot), and is the weapon face of the competitive community.

In all honesty, it just needs a RoF and slight range nerf, THEN it’ll be perfect. Seriously, the carbine is supposed to be its equal, but the BR trumps it in the range department, which is odd since the DMR and LR have the exact same range.

> I knew it was coming once that update said 4 shot BR returns, but seriously. I can’t play a single game of Infinity Slayer or Regicide without most if not all players using the BR. <mark>I miss the variety of using BR, DMR, Carbine, AR or whatever you liked to use.</mark> Now I feel like I have to use the BR otherwise it won’t end well. I know there’s ‘Legendary’ Slayer but that just doesn’t feel right to me.

before the weapon rebalance, it was nothing but DMRs.

> In all honesty, it just needs a RoF and slight range nerf, THEN it’ll be perfect. Seriously, the carbine is supposed to be its equal, but the BR trumps it in the range department, which is odd since the DMR and LR have the exact same range.

Supposed to be equal? I find it hard to believe that when it takes more shots then the BR to kill someone even with its RoF.

Does anyone else think the sound of the BR is a fail?

Too scratchy and high pitched like an alien weapon.

Gimme’ that machine-gun sound from Halo 2 back.

And gimme’ that round scope back too while we’re at it.

Battle Rifle Comparison

I’ve loved BRs since Halo 2. I wouldn’t mind if all loadout weapons were replaced by BRs.

> I’ve loved BRs since Halo 2. I wouldn’t mind if all loadout weapons were replaced by BRs.

Way too boring thats why I love loadouts since it adds variety and fun gameplay.

> I’ve loved BRs since Halo 2. I wouldn’t mind if all loadout weapons were replaced by BRs.

All loadout weapons? Yeah no thanks. If that be the case then why not just throw out all the weapons and use BRs for the entire multiplayer. I want variety not a BR fest. That’s another reason why I think Slayer Pro needs to be in a separate playlist all together.

> > I’ve loved BRs since Halo 2. I wouldn’t mind if all loadout weapons were replaced by BRs.
>
> All loadout weapons? Yeah no thanks. If that be the case then why not just throw out all the weapons and use BRs for the entire multiplayer. I want variety not a BR fest. That’s another reason why I think Slayer Pro needs to be in a separate playlist all together.

Most BR people hated the god like DMR yet they support the BR being god like. To me its the most boring weapon to use.

I’ve got an idea replace the scorpions cannon with three BRs

I had a post like this the other day. There should NOT be a most powerful weapon when theres so much variety, I can beat BR users with my carbine but…I have to either have 2 shots on him first or them being bad at aim.

Pre-TU: Use a DMR or get dominated.

Post-TU: Use a BR or get dominated.

Well, that turned out real swell. :confused:

The nostalgia in this thread is amazing.

> Loadouts add variety.

Do most people use BR’s on Ragnarok?
Do most people use LR’s on Haven?
Do the loadout weapons even function that differently?
If most people are going to choose a BR for Haven, why not spawn everyone with one?
If most people are going to use a DMR on Ragnarok, why not spawn everyone with one?
Does the exclusion of loadouts have any effect on map-item variety?
Are loadouts even superior to map-specific starts from a balance standpoint?

No it doesn’t matter if the BR is very effective and everyone uses it , if it’s anything else than it’s not halo, obviously lol.

I think once you pick up the carbine, you start to see the game a lot differently…