Anyone Else Ticked Off?

Okay, CEA came out and with it the Anniversary Map Pack. They added a bunch of new achievements to Reach which is nice, except for the fact that some seem impossible to get.

All of the ones labeled “Anniversary” seem easy enough to get. I’ve gotten four of them already. The problem lies in the fact they they’re exclusive to the Anniversary maps, meaning you need to get it while playing on a map from the Anniversary pack.

My main problem with these Anniversary achievements is that I should have gotten From Hell’s Heart on three separate occasions but didn’t and that it looks impossible to play Infection on any of the anniversary playlists to get Emergency Room.

The second and slightly larger gripe is that the new Defiant achievements are supposedly limited to Defiant maps, Condemned and Highlands. Now how does 343 expect anyone to get All Alone when more than half of the people on the Living Dead playlist don’t have this map pack? Same for Big Team Battle. I’ve never seen Highlands appear once when playing in Big Team Battle.

343 claimed they tweaked matchmaking to match people who have DLC up more often, but of all the games I’ve played since October, it’s happened once, and we played on Tempest, a Noble map.

The Point: They need to put back the DLC only playlists so people actually have a shot at getting these. That and, fix the glitches for the Anniversary ones. Putting the DLC only playlists back might be a good idea because instead of five maps, we’ll have 12.

if i remember right not a lot of people even bought the defiant map pack. anyway you can always just do what i did, grab a group of friends with the MP and just go into the lobbies and actually play against each other. i did that with 7 friends, so just 8 of us and all 4 infection maps we played were anniversary or defiant. once it was down to only 3 of us we rarely saw it. i have only seen it as an option 1 time when i go into infection by myself.

See, now the problem is that I don’t have seven friends who have both Defiant and Anniversary packs. I’m not big on playing with random people in a party for the sake of getting achievements either.

If my putting the DLC playlists back isn’t a good idea, then they should get rid of the map restrictions for them. The Noble and first three Defiant ones didn’t require you play on one of their maps (with the exception of You Blew it Up!, which required Breakpoint specifically)

> See, now the problem is that I don’t have seven friends who have both Defiant and Anniversary packs. I’m not big on playing with random people in a party for the sake of getting achievements either.
>
> If my putting the DLC playlists back isn’t a good idea, then they should get rid of the map restrictions for them. The Noble and first three Defiant ones didn’t require you play on one of their maps (with the exception of You Blew it Up!, which required Breakpoint specifically)

ehh true. either way im sure eventually they will have a DLC required playlist(s) as a lot of people here keep mentioning it, myself wantin a dlc exclusive playlist as well >_>

They used to have DLC playlists but removed them when they saw that they didn’t get used very often. I think I saw less than 500 people on them at any given time.

Yep. I completely agree with you. I’ve been lucky and got all the achievements except the one where the other team can’t touch the flag. That one is hard enough without it being specific to a map that never comes up because one or more person didn’t buy the DLC.

I think they should do what they did in Halo 3 and make several playlists require DLC to play in them.

> My main problem with these Anniversary achievements is that I should have gotten From Hell’s Heart on three separate occasions but didn’t and that it looks impossible to play Infection on any of the anniversary playlists to get Emergency Room.

I thought this was broken too. You have to commit suicide, and kill the opponent solely with their grenade. If they are damaged it will register as a kill with whatever weapon you damaged them with.

So what you’re saying, VanillaRAOS, is that I can’t melee or shoot at the enemy and pray they stick me, yet stay close enough so that I can catch them in the blast? No wonder it’s actually an achievement.

> Yep. I completely agree with you. I’ve been lucky and got all the achievements except the one where the other team can’t touch the flag. That one is hard enough without it being specific to a map that never comes up because one or more person didn’t buy the DLC.
>
> I think they should do what they did in Halo 3 and make several playlists require DLC to play in them.

Pretty much, it’s a given and quite a few threads have been asking for required DLC so that they may play on the DLC maps more/obtain the achivos. Only cheapskates and trolls will dismiss the idea. I know the DLC maps are not the best, but anything is better than the abysmal default maps and insert gray forge world creation.

I actually boosted these achievements today and now I’m banned for who knows how long from earning credits. I got most Anniversary ones legit but the rest seem impossible since they’re both playlist and map specific and good luck finding a team good enough to defend the flag for two rounds. So I’m ticked that I had to resort to boosting to get them instead of being able to unlock on any map like the Noble achievements where they weren’t map/gametype specific.

I also reckon 343 should have done Anniversary on 2 discs. I like the maps, but adding even more maps just means there’s ANOTHER map pack you need people to get on top of the first two that already don’t show up in match making.

ODST was the best because it gave everyone the maps again and I had no problem finding a DLC map, but maybe that was because DLC was required so I look forward to the day DLC will be required in Reach and Heavy variant added to BTB.

P.S. Is there any way to check how long a ban is?

Your not the only one who feels the same way, but you are a little late to the party.

Has 343i mentioned what the playlists will be looking like January/ Feb time?

i put this game down after i bought halo av the worst maps were brought back every time i think hang-em high is brought back. i stop playing halo games until the next one i could just delete the map pack but then i lose the timberland which i like but they always choose hang m high they need to make individual maps so people can choose what maps they want and don’t want to keep instead of a map pack.

i still like halo but f that map.

> i put this game down after i bought halo av the worst maps were brought back every time i think hang-em high is brought back. i stop playing halo games until the next one i could just delete the map pack but then i lose the timberland which i like but they always choose hang m high they need to make individual maps so people can choose what maps they want and don’t want to keep instead of a map pack.
>
> i still like halo but f that map.

Really? I think Anniversay Map Pack is pretty good. Granted I only really play BTB so Headlong and Timberland being there is awesome, not too fond of the rest though.

Wasn’t as good as the Defiant pack but a hell of a lot better than the maps that shipped with the game.

Agreed. Bungie handled playlist support 10000% better then 343i.

> They used to have DLC playlists but removed them when they saw that they didn’t get used very often. I think I saw less than 500 people on them at any given time.

but now that people want the achievements the numbers would pick back up! and I always hoped between standard and DLC playlists as I would eventually get bored of playing the same maps over ad over again. Also as long as there is 8 people in a playlist, it shouldnt be removed. Objective has 238 on average and it wont me removed ( I love this playlist it was just an example)
Also the DLC maps (specifically Anchor 9 and Condemned) are some of my all time favourite halo maps.

Damnation, Prisoner, Beaver Creek and Hang 'em High are the best maps in the map pack and probably in the entire game of Reach, which is ironic, so what are you talking about?

-Bring back DLC playlist with different gametypes like infection, BTB, objective etc.
-Anniversary with extra gametypes like infection.

this or:

-Increase DLC weighting. Paired up with other DLC players.
OR
-Make map packs free or cheaper.

I need 3 defiants and 1 anniversary.

[deleted]

I’m ticked off. I only need these map-linked achievements and they never come up in matchmaking.