Anyone else think the graphics look flat?

Yes, I’m playing on the Series X. (and 4k HDR IPS display)
This game looks flat.

There’s not much variation in the lighting environments and there’s not a lot of environmental detail which makes the game look very bland. It honestly reminds me of what the game looked like during the first E3 showcase. The only thing that’s visually appealing is the textures on (some) of the surfaces.

Does anyone else have a similar observation?

> 2533274795651873;1:
> **Yes, I’m playing on the Series X. (and 4k HDR IPS display)**This game looks flat.
>
> There’s not much variation in the lighting environments and there’s not a lot of environmental detail which makes the game look very bland. It honestly reminds me of what the game looked like during the first E3 showcase. The only thing that’s visually appealing is the textures on (some) of the surfaces.
>
> Does anyone else have a similar observation?

Have you been in the options and changed the graphical settings from Performance to Quality?

I agree the game looks a bit dated, not sure how much of this is the fact it’s an early build vs just artistic choice but it does seem a little bland visually.

I think the colors are a bit flat, and yes, I am running graphics set to “quality”.

> 2607664605677189;2:
> > 2533274795651873;1:
> > **Yes, I’m playing on the Series X. (and 4k HDR IPS display)**This game looks flat.
> >
> > There’s not much variation in the lighting environments and there’s not a lot of environmental detail which makes the game look very bland. It honestly reminds me of what the game looked like during the first E3 showcase. The only thing that’s visually appealing is the textures on (some) of the surfaces.
> >
> > Does anyone else have a similar observation?
>
> Have you been in the options and changed the graphical settings from Performance to Quality?

Yeah, it didn’t seem to make a big difference. Could you tell a big difference?

> 2533274803562826;3:
> I agree the game looks a bit dated, not sure how much of this is the fact it’s an early build vs just artistic choice but it does seem a little bland visually.

I agree. I hope they’re using older game files for the assets and the map. I understand their priority is to test stability of the servers for this flight, so let’s just cross our fingers and hope that everything will look better at launch.

> 2533274975565198;4:
> I think the colors are a bit flat, and yes, I am running graphics set to “quality”.

I’m hoping 343 will prove us wrong with the new map that is releasing tomorrow. Maybe it’ll be more vivid. Then again, even the militaristic/grey & green maps on Halo 2 and 3 had much more color variation than what’s presented with the current military map on Halo Infinite today.

Honestly i’ve felt this way for 4 and 5 also. From what i’ve seen of Live Fire and Bazaar the colours are too flat, even more than H2, but without the grit and more empty. There aren’t as easily identifiable landmarks on the map, compared to older design. I don’t think it’s an issue of it trying to fit back in with the old style either, Reach had a more flat and realistic style than H3 yet still managed to be more colourful and interesting with how they were designed. It just looks a wee bit too pre-fab and uninteresting.

Tough criticism i’m sure but it’s unlikely there will be an overhaul that would reverse my 2c.

I’m playing on Xbox Series X as well and I think it looks pretty good

> 2533274795651873;1:
> **Yes, I’m playing on the Series X. (and 4k HDR IPS display)**This game looks flat.
>
> There’s not much variation in the lighting environments and there’s not a lot of environmental detail which makes the game look very bland. It honestly reminds me of what the game looked like during the first E3 showcase. The only thing that’s visually appealing is the textures on (some) of the surfaces.
>

from what i can tell the ingame contrast and saturation are slightly to low and there is a tiny green tint to everything.
with adjustments of that the game looks a decent amount better as the “off-ness you can’t put a finger on” is fixed.
i hope this gets fixed for release. if not, reshade may help with that.

an ingame contrast, gamma and saturation slider in the menu would be nice.
a white value color adjustment slider system would be interesting too.

> 2533274795651873;5:
> > 2607664605677189;2:
> > > 2533274795651873;1:
> > > **Yes, I’m playing on the Series X. (and 4k HDR IPS display)**This game looks flat.
> > >
> > > There’s not much variation in the lighting environments and there’s not a lot of environmental detail which makes the game look very bland. It honestly reminds me of what the game looked like during the first E3 showcase. The only thing that’s visually appealing is the textures on (some) of the surfaces.
> > >
> > > Does anyone else have a similar observation?
> >
> > Have you been in the options and changed the graphical settings from Performance to Quality?
>
> Yeah, it didn’t seem to make a big difference. Could you tell a big difference?

I couldn’t tell although I did see the odd performance dip after turning it on.

Have you tried running the game without HDR? For video games in general I have been unimpressed with HDR.

> 2533274795651873;1:
>
>

Yes. My initial thought was that the map looked like a forge level. The lighting also didnt really pop for me. I might check to see if there are some colorblind settings that will make things more vibrant later. I really miss having halo be a colorful game.

I think it looks perfect

This version is months behind and is clearly not what they have now. Just look at what we have seen on footage etc. They already said this build is a few months behind.

> 2533274795651873;1:
>
>

Its an older version, so graphics may be better within the release version.

ReShade has helped the game look alot less flat on PC.

> 2533274868663477;9:
> I’m playing on Xbox Series X as well and I think it looks pretty good

I don’t think so pal, remember these graphics will run halo infinite for the next 8 or 10 years.

The graphics are BAD at the moment.

Looks pretty well, it’s meant to be a multiplayer game, which means it needs less visual clutter, not more, so that enemies are easier to see and track. It also has to run on both low end computers and the original Xbox One.