Anyone else think Highlands needs a flying vehicle?

Loving the new maps, Highlands definitely has an old school CE feel to it. But I think a Falcon, or preferably a Banshee, would make a great addition to the map.
Also, although it pains me to say it, I think the sniper spawn time would need to be increased as there are often two players in the same team holding one, this along with the Splazer and rockets wouldn’t give aerial combat much of a chance.
Anyone else agree?

> Loving the new maps, Highlands definitely has an old school CE feel to it. But I think a Falcon, or preferably a Banshee, would make a great addition to the map.
> Also, although it pains me to say it, I think the sniper spawn time would need to be increased as there are often two players in the same team holding one, this along with the Splazer and rockets wouldn’t give aerial combat much of a chance.
> Anyone else agree?

sky box is to low to allow for airial combat sadly, it dosent go higher than the air controll tower you on the map so air vehicals would really suck, this is the one thing i wish certain affinity worked more on with the map pack

That’s a shame - I remember they had videos of Banshee’s in the trailers too, I guess that’s the point in trailers though, to make it look awesome. Not sure how easy updating a skybox would be but I know they did it in GTA IV.

Probably not so easy, GTA and Halo are completely different engines

Yea we put aerial vehicles in a custom game of highlands…Didnt work out well. Like preiously stated the skybox is to low and Certain Afinnity went crazy with the power weapons. But its still a fun map to play on thats for sure.

God the trailer showing flacon and banshee and gauss hog was all total BS great more BS BUGNIE crap I thought this was a different company?

I remember then saying in a video I think that the skybox was big so that you could ahve crazy air battles

Now crap?

Why is there a -Yoink!- helipad and no falcon or banshee? How can you have a Big Team Map and have no big vehicles?

Why? was this map made only to cater to certain things not meant to be universally available to multiple gametypes and situtations?

Why? I love the map but I want epic vehicle battles and in MM

Can you do it for me please? oh and also make an invasion gametype for Highlands it would only take you a day max the make it and test it, screw that half a day and I’ll test it for you sound like a deal?

But for real why were the banshees and falcons and gauss hogs advertised in the trailer delivering on none of them?

Thats a dirty BUGNIE trick and I don’t like those at all supposed to be a different company that actually cares about the game and the community.

But for real why were the banshees and falcons and gauss hogs advertised in the trailer delivering on none of them?

To get my money? to get my purchase?

I thought this was about expanding the ever small and poor quality that is Reach. Making MM fuller a more complete package. I don’t like being lied to and that trailer was pushed in my face.

Especially don’t like that I payed $10 unlike quite a bit of people who got it for free

How is all this supposed to make me feel? distraught? depressed? suicidal?

Maybe you should take a Chill Pill. I dont remember anything about having epic air battles in the defiant map pack trailer or anywhere.

Yeah just insert your hand into my wallet dalazing me with air banshees and falcons and gauss hogs and then tell me I’m mistaken.

You’ve just upset me even more, how do you make a huge map with crap skybox and no big vehicles?

I was excited for a banshee/falcon on the map, but alas there were none to be found.

And the sniper/laser spawn times should be increased just a tad. It’s like once you run out of ammo, another has already spawned. Makes it tough to have warthogs about with the laser/plasma launcher/rockets/snipers on the map with such low respawn times.

The boundaries of the map are too restricted to offer flying combat. I think the map is still fun to play on regardless - there’s enough action to keep matches interesting.

When we played our custom games before the maps released there was a variant we tinkered around with called “Highlands Heavy.” It actually played quite well. The ghosts were replaced with Revnants, Warthogs were replaced with Gauss Hogs, the Mongoose was replaced by Rocket Hogs, and Banshees were added. It was an insane amount of fun, and I don’t remember anyone complaining about being restricted while in the Banshee. Hopefully this variant will make it into the hopper soon.

It hasn’t even been a week since the maps came out, guys & gals. Allow some time for different variations of the maps to come out to suit your tastes.

Actually, hold your horses, you can have both Banshees and Falcons on Highlands - they’re on the Forge palette, they just haven’t been included yet in Matchmaking.