Anyone else think Crimsom Maps are just..bad?

Aside from the obvious Out of Map exploits and glitches, the Maps are just crap.

Why the hell can’t Microsoft or whoever the hell runs the show just let 343i bring back Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemorrhage?

I blame Bungie though for not having it in Halo 3. Why’d they remove it in the first place? Ragnarok is good…but it just isn’t our “canyon map”

Hell, I even miss Reaches maps. Certain Affinity had their game on with those maps, but they messed up on Halo 4.

Anyway, I’ve deleted Crimson off my Xbox because I just don’t care for them.

The Crimson maps are okay, they’re just nothing really that special. I’ve seen better community created maps.

And everyone always clamors for the old maps. If I had a choice, I’d bring back Guardian and Construct.

I really don’t have a problem with the new maps. I think theyre pretty good

As far as DLC goes these maps are on top of my list. Especially Shatter.

I’m not a huge fan BTB, so i’m lukewarm on the maps.

> Aside from the obvious Out of Map exploits and glitches, the Maps are just crap.
>
> Why the hell can’t Microsoft or whoever the hell runs the show just let 343i bring back Blood Gulch/Coagulation/Hemorrhage?
>
> I blame Bungie though for not having it in Halo 3. Why’d they remove it in the first place? Ragnarok is good…but it just isn’t our “canyon map”
>
> Hell, I even miss Reaches maps. Certain Affinity had their game on with those maps, but they messed up on Halo 4.
>
> Anyway, I’ve deleted Crimson off my Xbox because I just don’t care for them.

Blood Gulch was in Halo 3, it was renamed Valhalla, aka Ragnarok. And no, I don’t think the maps are bad. I think people are so overly critical of the game that they just can’t be pleased no matter what. Also, why wold you delete the maps if you already had them? That just seems…pointless

Oops

Harvest is great, Wreckage is good for Dominion (meh for every other gametype), and Shatter is just… ew…

By the way, Blood Gulch is meant for a much older game. It wasn’t even very good in Halo 2 (it was terribad in Reach), and it sure as hell wouldn’t work in Halo 4.

> As far as DLC goes these maps are on top of my list. Especially Shatter.

I thought the same, disliked the 2 except shatter, I just wish it were more open without buildings, and more green crystals, with the ability for forgers to add colored crystals and colored pieces like they did in the new maps with reach…Oh well…

I’m not a fan of shatter, maybe its because I don’t care for extraction, and that’s all we seem to be playing on that map. Extraction is so boring because barely anyone has over 10 kills, not my type of game. I like Harvest, its good. Wreckage is a great map, I’m digging that one.

> I’m not a fan of shatter, maybe its because I don’t care for extraction, and that’s all we seem to be playing on that map. Extraction is so boring because barely anyone has over 10 kills, not my type of game. I like Harvest, its good. Wreckage is a great map, I’m digging that one.

I agree, Extraction is… not the best. But try out CTF on Shatter, it’s incredibly fun.

Wreckage is a good map, reminds me of Burial Mounds.

WE NEED SMALLER MAPS! WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH BTB MAPS!

Halo 4 has almost just as many BTB maps as all of the previous Halos combined.

Blood gulch wont work on 4 because of the surplus of anti vehicle weapons.
The reason why Ragnarok was selected is because of its HILL. the hill means you have limited weapon sighting for laser ect.

Blood gulch however.
Is a Vehicle map. It Does not belong in such a unfriendly game for the vehicles

I personally like Shatter and Harvest. Both are great, though harvest could be better for 5v5 and up to be honest.

Wreckage is decent but I wouldn’t vote for it.

We have four maps for basic team slayer. And earlier today, when four people dropped between games, it set us 2 vs 2, on Wreckage. WTF.

How about we make some smaller maps in the mold as someone said of Guardian, or how about THE PIT.

And please do something with abandon. That map is beyond terrible. Love Haven, love adrift. solace is hit or miss with me. But we need more 4 on 4 maps that are size responsible.

> WE NEED SMALLER MAPS! WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH BTB MAPS!
>
> Halo 4 has almost just as many BTB maps as all of the previous Halos combined.

I count 6 (Complex is too small for BTB, but way too big for 4v4): Meltdown, Exile, Ragnarok, and Vortex, plus Shatter and Wreckage from the map pack. Harvest works really well with 5v5 objective and 6v6 Dominion and Extraction, but it’s too small for BTB. I agree, though, that more small maps (especially asymmetrical ones) are in order.

These new maps are horrid.

I will be glad when the maps are taken away as that means they will have a 0% chance of them showing up in matchmaking for me.

Bring back Narrows.
Or just implement a community map playlist, and let them bring back Narrows.
And everything else.

These maps and the ones that shipped with the game are far better than the ones that came with Reach IMO.

As for the whole Blood Gulch thing, I’m glad it isn’t back. The map became tired and boring after a while.