Anyone Else SUPER Hyped for Halo Infinite Again!?

Yesterday’s blog post started with the tough news that Infinite was pushed to Fall 2021, but hot damn the rest of that post had some real goodies!

I’m fully on board the armor coating system if the armor is going to look as good as what was shown in that blog post. Anyone else wanna grind to SR152 just for that dope armor?!

The multiplayer map looked SICK! And the in-depth interviews with those responsible for graphics, art, the live team, etc were very insightful and helped really paint a picture of what they’ve accomplished and where they’re headed.

Not to mention, Joseph Staten’s closing remarks saying that right when he got on board at 343i, he beat the campaign twice and how blown away he was. I know he’s supposed to say that, but the way he described it has me so hyped. I know Fall 2021 is a long wait but this sounds like it’ll all be worth it, and it’s really nice to see the general Halo community coming together in support of 343i and Halo excitement for this.

Happy holidays everyone :slight_smile:

Just as when the game was revealed in 2018, I remain cautiously optimistic that it will be a fine non-Halo game. Until I have the game in my hands (assuming the Xbox One release isn’t cancelled), I’m not going to do anything that sets myself up for disappointment. 343 Industries can say a lot of things (and they have over the years), but they have a lot to prove.

I was pretty hyped yesterday after reading the update. Went to bed and woke up…hype must have left overnight. I’m still happy with the update though. I think reality set in that we are still 12 months away, approximately 8-9 months away until I can pre-order the (hopefully) console exclusive Series X. I look forward to the next update.

no bth

Lifted my spirits a bit but no. Until the game is out so I can watch gameplays of it, my hype will be locked down. Not going to burn myself out waiting a year for it to come out again. The update is good, but it just makes me question what it would look like if it was released on the day it was suppose to.

I’ve been excited since Halo Infinite was announced. I’m happy with the update that was provided and look forward to 2021 being packed with all sorts of Halo awesomeness!

I am! Let those who aren’t looking forward to the game run in circles repeating the same five talking points. Those of us who are excited continue to get more and more reasons to be so.

> 2535411993815954;7:
> I am! Let those who aren’t looking forward to the game run in circles repeating the same five talking points. Those of us who are excited continue to get more and more reasons to be so.

Yes! What’s the point of running around and crying for something when you can look at all the good 343 did for the game!

I am not because I learned through the the hard way to not be hyped for anything until it finally arrives and I test it. Otherwise, it will never match your expectations.
I’m still mixed in many aspects of what was shown so far so I’ll keep myself controlled and realistic.

> 2533274842327341;1:
> Yesterday’s blog post started with the tough news that Infinite was pushed to Fall 2021, but hot damn the rest of that post had some real goodies!
>
> I’m fully on board the armor coating system if the armor is going to look as good as what was shown in that blog post. Anyone else wanna grind to SR152 just for that dope armor?!
>
> The multiplayer map looked SICK! And the in-depth interviews with those responsible for graphics, art, the live team, etc were very insightful and helped really paint a picture of what they’ve accomplished and where they’re headed.
>
> Not to mention, Joseph Staten’s closing remarks saying that right when he got on board at 343i, he beat the campaign twice and how blown away he was. I know he’s supposed to say that, but the way he described it has me so hyped. I know Fall 2021 is a long wait but this sounds like it’ll all be worth it, and it’s really nice to see the general Halo community coming together in support of 343i and Halo excitement for this.
>
> Happy holidays everyone :slight_smile:

I dont think I could ever be hyped for a free to play halo. It just wouldn’t feel right to me.

I’m excited for sure after seeing how the visuals have changed and also hearing what Joe said after playing the campaign twice. I was going to get infinite no matter what anyways as I play the games a lot for the story and wanted to see what the next chapter in halo was. Now seeing what has been done since July surprised me as the visuals so far look a lot better. People can argue about things not being what they see as a “perfect” Halo game and the addition of coatings as a color replacement all they want, I know when the game comes out I’ll be happy and enjoy what I get to play. For me, the coolest part was hearing Joe Staten’s reaction to the campaign, it really helped calm my worries about the story and gameplay being fun.
I will say one thing we should all keep in mind, there is a thing as to much hype and expecting was to much (example is Anthem from BioWare). Im excited, but I’m not going to act everything is perfect. I very much look forward to the game again after being a bit disappointed in the quality of what we saw in July.

This update renewed my interest for sure, but ‘super hyped’ is maybe a bit of an overstatement for me.

I’m sort of mixed. The armours look cool and I’ll admit the guns look amazing with the images they’ve shown but not a fan of coatings replacing colours and feel it’s too soon to get excited about the new multiplayer map since doesn’t really show how the map plays. Also love the 152 reward coating design for the armour/gun but I hope the coatings aren’t restricted to certain armour pieces. Though I’m sort of not sure about the final concept image they used since never been a fan of the tube looking things. For now I’m keeping an open mind and waiting till next year.

Trying to be. The concerning part for me is that they seem to keep referring to Halo 5 as a “success”. Halo 5 doesn’t even feel like Halo to me let alone even sound or look like Halo, so whenever they say something like that I just remember the mass exodus of all the original fans that left.

As long as it feels pre Halo 5 it will be a massive improvement.

Colour customization has still not been explained or included.
Therefore, no.

Not really, I’ll be pessimistic until launch, a few new screenshots aren’t enough to magically evaporate the concerns I have with this game.

> 2535449665894532;14:
> Trying to be. The concerning part for me is that they seem to keep referring to Halo 5 as a “success”. Halo 5 doesn’t even feel like Halo to me let alone even sound or look like Halo, so whenever they say something like that I just remember the mass exodus of all the original fans that left.

Halo 5’s success isn’t a lie. The game retained its multiplayer player base much better than Halo 4. I wasn’t around at the time to see the “mass exodus” of other old-school fans, but it’s a shame if they’ve really left en masse. Hopefully Infinite is enough to draw some of them back.

> 2533274829873463;13:
> I’m sort of mixed. The armours look cool and I’ll admit the guns look amazing with the images they’ve shown but not a fan of coatings replacing colours and feel it’s too soon to get excited about the new multiplayer map since doesn’t really show how the map plays. Also love the 152 reward coating design for the armour/gun but I hope the coatings aren’t restricted to certain armour pieces. Though I’m sort of not sure about the final concept image they used since never been a fan of the tube looking things. For now I’m keeping an open mind and waiting till next year.

That coating is sick though! Keep this in mind though…the grind for max rank in H5 is 50 million XP…that’s a lot of time…like A LOT! The reward for such time is…GRAY AND BLACK color combination…a color combination. My only hope (whether i hit 152 by launch or not…currently sitting 40k away from 149 and not too optimistic since I’d need to pull 89k per day for the next 365 days to get to 152) is that this particular armor/weapon coating is NEVER available, at ANY time, to anyone else other than those who achieve that milestone in H5. No breaking out the wallet to get it, no later down the road unlocking it for everyone (like the did for the Hellioskrill Armor set for completing all the Campaigns on Legendary difficulty in MCC); ONLY for those who achieve that feat.

> 2535411993815954;7:
> I am! Let those who aren’t looking forward to the game run in circles repeating the same five talking points. Those of us who are excited continue to get more and more reasons to be so.

DILLY-DILLY!!!

> 2533274809988140;18:
> > 2533274829873463;13:
> > I’m sort of mixed. The armours look cool and I’ll admit the guns look amazing with the images they’ve shown but not a fan of coatings replacing colours and feel it’s too soon to get excited about the new multiplayer map since doesn’t really show how the map plays. Also love the 152 reward coating design for the armour/gun but I hope the coatings aren’t restricted to certain armour pieces. Though I’m sort of not sure about the final concept image they used since never been a fan of the tube looking things. For now I’m keeping an open mind and waiting till next year.
>
> That coating is sick though! Keep this in mind though…the grind for max rank in H5 is 50 million XP…that’s a lot of time…like A LOT! The reward for such time is…GRAY AND BLACK color combination…a color combination. My only hope (whether i hit 152 by launch or not…currently sitting 40k away from 149 and not too optimistic since I’d need to pull 89k per day for the next 365 days to get to 152) is that this particular armor/weapon coating is NEVER available, at ANY time, to anyone else other than those who achieve that milestone in H5. No breaking out the wallet to get it, no later down the road unlocking it for everyone (like the did for the Hellioskrill Armor set for completing all the Campaigns on Legendary difficulty in MCC); ONLY for those who achieve that feat.

Yeh I admit it looks cool but I’m conflicted. The thing is I’m sure if 343i wanted to do they could have had coating’s and letting people choose which colors they want on their coatings. I’m kind of curious if there going to bring back the classic black look since I loved it in Halo 1. Yeh I know how long it is since already at max rank on H5…it was exhausting and now just aiming for max rank in MCC. I mean like my new exclusive coating but it just feels wrong that others can’t use it while at the same time I’m sort of ok with it.

I know what you mean about the unlock system…I found it kind of annoying when they gave away Mark V armour in H5 for doing basically nothing when it took me ages to get it and it kind of felt like it devalued how much time I had spent trying to earn it plus it was bad enough dealing with the loot box gambling system so I’m glad Infinite is getting rid of loot box’s and I’m glad I never once put any money towards the REQ system. I only ever bought the voice pack in H5 and I class that as dlc.