Anyone Else Struggling with aim?

I’m really struggling with aim in Infinite, especially with the sidekick. I have no idea how. I have decent aim in Halo but Infinite makes it look atrocious. My shots are all over the place? Is it a sens problem or what? Like come on man, I’m bad, but not THIS bad.

It’s not just you. Infinite just has less aim assist compared to the other Halo games. I find it difficult to use the Sniper and Commando.

> 2535452387883664;2:
> It’s not just you. Infinite just has less aim assist compared to the other Halo games. I find it difficult to use the Sniper and Commando.

Will it be fixed? Like I don’t wanna play like this.

Who knows? It’s all up to 343i if they wan’t to increase aim assist or not.

> 2535452387883664;4:
> Who knows? It’s all up to 343i if they wan’t to increase aim assist or not.

They honestly should for newer players that come across infinite. It’ll be very hard for these players to get used to aim if current players are struggling with it. I honestly am fine with it.

It’s not just an aim assist issue, aiming in general just feels messed up. Probably a combo of broken dead zones, aim acceleration and the low aim assist is a cherry on top. Try looking diagonally and you’ll notice that your look sensitivity suddenly feels 2x lower than it is, but going left, right, up and down feels normal. Because of that your sensitivity will feel like it’s in a constant state of speeding up and slowing down when you’re in the middle of a firefight.

It’s the worst aiming I’ve ever experienced in a game, and I used to play Quake 3 console edition on 360 which didn’t have any aim assist at all, so that tells you how bad it is.

I usually play on PC but only got into the Xbox One flight, where mouse controls are non-functional. It has been a while. My performance has been less than stellar and I am hardly pro-level at the best of times…

So I am not doing well with my controller.

That said, aim assists have been a contentious topic for MCC. It is way too strong for controller there. I think great caution must be taken to ensure that controller players do not overshadow M+KB players in this game too.

From what I’ve heard from people who have been using M+KB this flight it seems to work really well. Far better optimised than the MCC, which admittedly consists of games never designed for those controls in the first place.

I am happy for aim assists for controllers to be modified and improved going forward, but it is a fine line. Too much and we are back in the MCC situation again. And I suspect that would kill a lot of the good will and enthusiasm that has been built for this game by this preview within the PC community.

> 2533274800739735;6:
> It’s not just an aim assist issue, aiming in general just feels messed up. Probably a combo of broken dead zones, aim acceleration and the low aim assist is a cherry on top. Try looking diagonally and you’ll notice that your look sensitivity suddenly feels 2x lower than it is, but going left, right, up and down feels normal. Because of that your sensitivity will feel like it’s in a constant state of speeding up and slowing down when you’re in the middle of a firefight.
>
> It’s the worst aiming I’ve ever experienced in a game, and I used to play Quake 3 console edition on 360 which didn’t have any aim assist at all, so that tells you how bad it is.

I don’t have any dead zones or acceleration on. Never grew up playin w those so nvr tried em. I still literally have to reset my sens to a diff sens after every game. It’s so inconsistent. The aim feels very wonky. I have very, very good in Halo. I’ve been playin for 10 years straight. Jus Halo, nun else. I’ll tell you that this is by far the weirdest experience I’ve had in aiming. I take back what I said earlier about bein fine w the aiming. I’m kinda annoyed.

To be honest, it’s kind of a good thing in my opinion, there is a little bit of aim assist but no so much as in other halos I find it a good thing since it adds more skill to the game allowing more of an outplay ability where the odds are against someone. Or as someone would say in-game “get better”

> 2533274800739735;6:
> It’s not just an aim assist issue, aiming in general just feels messed up. Probably a combo of broken dead zones, aim acceleration and the low aim assist is a cherry on top. Try looking diagonally and you’ll notice that your look sensitivity suddenly feels 2x lower than it is, but going left, right, up and down feels normal. Because of that your sensitivity will feel like it’s in a constant state of speeding up and slowing down when you’re in the middle of a firefight.
>
> It’s the worst aiming I’ve ever experienced in a game, and I used to play Quake 3 console edition on 360 which didn’t have any aim assist at all, so that tells you how bad it is.

Double this! Not just AA the dead zones and whole aim system in general feels as bad as H5 heavy aim.

needs at minimum the option to enable the same aiming MCC has. Lower aim assist is fine, but plenty of games have low aim assists OW for example and still have responsive aim curves

I’m hoping they will leave the aim assist as is. It actually makes the “precision” weapons fair. The BR has too much bullet magnetism compared to other guns right now anyway.

> 2535448484097858;1:
> I’m really struggling with aim in Infinite, especially with the sidekick. I have no idea how. I have decent aim in Halo but Infinite makes it look atrocious. My shots are all over the place? Is it a sens problem or what? Like come on man, I’m bad, but not THIS bad.

Yes sir. I’m hoping they up the aim assist curve for the game’s official release. Feels like I spend more time fighting it, than actually having it help me with track targets. Combined with recoil, flinch and bloom… Yikes. It’s not a good day to be a controller player.