Anyone else sick of Firefight challenges?

I’m not sure about you guys, but I’m starting to get sick of days where all the challenges are for Firefight. It seems like it’s been happening more and more as of late. For people who prefer to play competitive matchmaking (myself included), it’s really frustrating, and makes playing Firefight a chore.

It would be much appreciated if 343 could ease up on the Firefight challenges (or at the very least create some new ones) and involve multiplayer matchmaking a little more. Perhaps this is something that could be addressed in the title update. Anyone else agree?

I don’t think 343 is updating challenges or super jackpots at this point in time. There was a pretty large thread dedicated to this not too long ago. But I do hope 343 revitalizes Reach with some more multiplayer events in the future, whether that be challenges or double credit weekends.

On a side note: These are some piss poor challenges we have today.

In terms of today’s challenges, I agree 100%. The credits aren’t worth jack and they are too easy.

In terms of Firefight, I haven’t noticed that big of a difference, although this Saturday is an exception (probably to encourge people who were going for the weekly). I like firefight but I also agree with the statement that the challenges (especially the weekly) were terrible. You didn’t need to do anything but survive waves. Seriously?

But I tend not to care for any challenges like that (including Campaign and Multiplayer). What I do like are challenges that emphasize skill rather than burning through them. I’d like to see these more often in every playlist. But I guess for now, we are stuck with the usual formula (Every playlist Sunday thru Wednesday, FF on Thursday, MM on Friday).

i agree. firefight is only fun for me on occasion, and i dont even bother with FF chalenges anymore…Its a waste of time.

the only reason I play firefight is for challenges and yes it it starting to become rather annoying

I love FF, so I enjoy the challenges.

Yup.

Also why does 343 give the crappiest challenges ever?
Example: Get 5 beat downs in one game.

When I saw that I was like ok, I probably won’t get since I never melee people. I played a few matches and people just rush at you trying to get double beat downs. wtf these kinds of dumb challenges only make the gameplay more mediocre. Bring back the precision Challenges or something that can be considered “skillful” to attain.

I do like the FF challenges. But I agree it seems a little one sided as far as MM and the campaign go.

I like the FF challenges that build on each other, that way almost anyone can get A challenge but it get progressively harder to get ALL in a day.

I think the dailies should either be 1 FF, 1 MM, and 1 Campaign and a random selection; or a second option would be rotate days between FF and MM and the 4th could be a campagn challenge or what ever.

The single biggest gripe I have with the dailies is - It often seems the biggest part of the challenge is get the map you need to do them!! How many times has it taken 3 runs through the ‘voting’ before a particular map finally shows up?

I like the weeklies that are “get so many dailies” in a week.
This BS of ‘do XXXX LASO’ for a weeky is weak; But the do ‘4 dailies a day for 7 days’ is a little unrealistic too, at least if you actually Have a life. The best weeky challenge is one that takes the ‘average’ player 6 - 10 hours of play to complete.

Firefight challenges used to only be a problem on Firefight Thursdays, but it was only 1 day a week. Now, 343 is sticking firefight/campaign challenges on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (all of which used to be mostly dedicated to multiplayer). I would rather 343 just add 2-3 more daily challenges. That way there would always be 2 campaign, firefight, and multiplayer challenges. And an additional 2 so players mix it up a little bit. Adding another 2000-4000 cR challenges wouldn’t do anything to the ranks.

Whenever there’s a FF-centric Weekly they put in more FF Challenges in the Dailies so that you don’t have a ton of MM or Campaign Challenges to do while you’re still trying to chip away at the Weekly…I like FF personally, but I only try to play Limited now for that more classic ODST FF feel (rather than everyone using infinite heavy weapons even though that Commendation has long-since been Onyx’d)…

I agree, Halo is predominantly about the traditional multiplayer, and that should be where the challenges should focus.

IMO, there should be one (and only one) firefight challenge every day, the weekly challenge can be anything, and the other three daily challenges should be traditional multiplayer.

yea firefight challenges blow. 343i should definitely update to new challenges that are 3/4 multiplayer

> I agree, Halo is predominantly about the traditional multiplayer, and that should be where the challenges should focus.

Then why is there often twice as many playing FF as there is playing MM? It should be balanced not toi favor any list. MM favors grifball now, does ANY MM challenge not go fastest in that list?

So anyone get a look at this week’s challenge? I think someone’s getting lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

343 is getting lazy. I miss Bungie so much. They actually did good challenges. 343 sucks.

I started a quite big topic about this the other day. I completely agree though, they are giving us more and more firefight challenges and for a game that is mainly about MP it’s becoming a bit ridiculous. The FF challenges are always such a tedious grind aswell

I think you are ALL forgetting that 343i haven’t touched Reach since they took over, they have changed servers and stuff but nothing else.

They won’t be doing much until the Title Update has been released.

> So anyone get a look at this week’s challenge? I think someone’s getting lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow! There’s no excuse for that. Excuse me while I go into Hulk rage.

> I think you are ALL forgetting that 343i haven’t touched Reach since they took over, they have changed servers and stuff but nothing else.
>
> They won’t be doing much until the Title Update has been released.

They do challenges.

/thread

Yeah, I’m reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyyy sick of them. You see…my brand new xbox can’t play firefight matchmaking OR campaign in co-op because my 4 gig built in MU isn’t good enough for Bungie…pisses me off.