Anyone else or just me? please read!

is anyone else really pissedd off that there wont be any real small maps in halo 4, i mean the smallest one is said to be haven and that is still a decent sized map like narrows. but what about small maps, like guardian, lockout etc. 1v1 maps and fast paced maps. if anything they are more important then big maps as they supply more action and satisfaction while playing. who else agrees?
who here wants to see smaller maps? im not saying i dont enjoy large maps but smaller maps are just so much more competitive and fun.

I’m pretty sure there will be some nice Forge made 1v1 maps. Even for online matchmaking, like in Reach. I normally don’t really like Forge world maps online, because they seem dull, but the Forge of Halo 4 seems VERY promissing. The Forge objects look pretty much the same as the structures on normal maps (meaning; non- Forge world maps :p)

Although the default maps are large, we have a much improved forge, where I am sure people will make competitive arena maps.

We just need good cartographers to implement good maps into MM.

We haven’t even seen most of the maps yet. Not to mention, Adrift is pretty small.

Not a problem for me, I always like the big maps and was upset when I barely got to play SANDTARP…

Small maps are mostly just terrible to play. So I’m happy with what we are getting in Halo 4.

I think it’ll be fine.

The default maps are designed for Sprint and Armor Abilities, so they needed to be bigger, even the small ones.
The small maps in Halo 4 are meant to fulfil Halo 4’s small combat styles, and I think they should do that pretty good.

But we will be having classic playlists, where I’m sure that our Cartographers will bring us some nice classic-style small maps.

> We haven’t even seen most of the maps yet. Not to mention, Adrift is pretty small.

Adrift is small in the same way Condemned is small.

i.e it’s not small, it’s just a stupidly segmented massive map that doesn’t belong in any sort of small team games.

Anyway, in Halo 4 we will have to once again rely on forge to supply us with even remotely competitive or fun maps.

> The default maps are designed for Sprint and Armor Abilities, so they needed to be bigger, even the small ones.

That’s the long winded way of saying they are designed terribly.

I do not care about MP… at all

> > We haven’t even seen most of the maps yet. Not to mention, Adrift is pretty small.
>
> Adrift is small in the same way Condemned is small.
>
> i.e it’s not small, it’s just a stupidly segmented massive map that doesn’t belong in any sort of small team games.
>
> Anyway, in Halo 4 we will have to once again rely on forge to supply us with even remotely competitive or fun maps.
>
>
>
> > The default maps are designed for Sprint and Armor Abilities, so they needed to be bigger, even the small ones.
>
> That’s the long winded way of saying they are designed terribly.

They’re designed around what’s actually in the game. Translation: they’re well designed. A larger map with sprint can feel like a smaller map. Reach’s problem was that the maps didn’t seem to be designed around what was in the game. It seemed like one group built some maps, another some gameplay material, and they never got together to see how these things would work together. In Halo 4 we’ve seen a lot of gameplay elements being tweaked and a lot of maps that have been designed to work with different possible playstyles.

Well. There are going to be ten maps at launch, we’ve only seen four. I’ve also read that they don’t count in the three forge maps in matchmaking. So 13. And even then, I’m sure we will have custom forge maps. I could be wrong though.

good for you but so many other people do. If Haven really is the smallest map then that’s jus plain terrible, heres hoping for forge dlc for better objects? And please god 343i, a map maker in halo5. drop forge, it’s crap.

Haven/Adrift are small map size. There will not be anything smaller than those and I am pleased about that.

Small map from Halo 3 like Guardian are on the same level as most forge map I have played in Halo Reach before I stop because they were complete garbage.