Anyone else not excited for Halo Wars 2?

I’m not saying Halo Wars 2 is a bad game; it looks really good compared to the first Halo Wars. But, I’m just not into the type of game that Halo Wars 2 is, so pretty much RTS games in general, especially since Halo is a FPS.

Anyone else not on the hype train for Halo Wars 2? If not, why? I mean, if I was into RTS games, I would surely love to play this game, but since I’m not, there’s no reason for me to be excited for its release.

Makes sense. If I didn’t like FPS’, I probably wouldn’t get into Halo too much.

I’ve always liked RTS’ since Age of Empires, so it’s right up my alley. Understandable why you don’t like it though.

As you say, different people have different interests and tastes. That’s what makes the world go round and no one is expected to climb aboard the train unless they want to.

Obviously, there’s a market for it and I’ve read a number of posts from people who don’t play Halo FPS but enjoy games such as Halo Wars.

Well I’m really into halo wars but one of my friends wasn’t into the first one but I talked him into playing the blitz beta and it got him to pre-order the game.

There trying to make modes that will suit a wide range of people which I like.

I’m actually very excited for Halo Wars 2. The Blitz beta has thoroughly sold me. Can’t wait for it to come out.

While I myself am not an RTS guy, i’ll pick up HW2 to try it out. The thing I’m most excited for however, is that Halo Wars 2’s story will have to do with Halo 6

Im excited for Halo Wars but don’t think lll play a bunch of Blitz.

I’m fired up, but I like RTS games, so…

i was curios about HW2 and it was defenitly on the potential buy list. then they announced microtransactions and now i won’t buy it (maybe used at some point, but they won’t get any money from me).
to answer op question: i’m also not excited for HW2 (anymore)

I like RTS so it’s cool to see Halo in the genre.

I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition and have the release date on my calendar. I got a first class seat aboard the hype train.
I love RTS games!

343’s poor storytelling over the last few years along with the inclusion of microtransactions pretty much killed any hype I would have had. If this came out before the MCC debacle and Halo 5’s terrible story It would’ve been a day 1 buy. I’ll still get it, but it’ll be a used copy when it gets marked down to 20 bucks.

> 2533274940668144;1:
> I’m not saying Halo Wars 2 is a bad game; it looks really good compared to the first Halo Wars. But, I’m just not into the type of game that Halo Wars 2 is, so pretty much RTS games in general, especially since Halo is a FPS.
>
> Anyone else not on the hype train for Halo Wars 2? If not, why? I mean, if I was into RTS games, I would surely love to play this game, but since I’m not, there’s no reason for me to be excited for its release.

Oh I am very much looking forward to it. It looks like it has all the pieces of a good Halo story and I grew up on games like C&C.

My only issues are more to do with the lack of factions and campaigns; despite these being prominent criticisms of the previous game.

I didn’t care for the changes in gameplay I saw in the beta. Blitz also doesn’t interest me. Might rent it or at least watch the cutscenes online or something just to see if the story goes anywhere.

> 2533274801300734;14:
> I didn’t care for the changes in gameplay I saw in the beta. Blitz also doesn’t interest me. Might rent it or at least watch the cutscenes online or something just to see if the story goes anywhere.

But you’ll feel more invested in the story if you actually play it. That way you are acting out what these characters are doing. There is also going to be a lot of in game dialogue which is vital to contextualise any cutscenes that you watch.

The story is what has me hyped.

> 2535455681930574;16:
> The story is what has me hyped.

Yeah Ive never been huge on multiplayer RTS games. Wayyy too much pressure compared to a normal multiplayer game. Only if its against the AI.

> 2533274800739735;12:
> 343’s poor storytelling over the last few years along with the inclusion of microtransactions pretty much killed any hype I would have had. If this came out before the MCC debacle and Halo 5’s terrible story It would’ve been a day 1 buy. I’ll still get it, but it’ll be a used copy when it gets marked down to 20 bucks.

They made one bad story. Are you really going to write them off because of it? They’ve also made one of the best stories, but you don’t seem to remember that.

> 2533274968042384;4:
> Well I’m really into halo wars but one of my friends wasn’t into the first one but I talked him into playing the blitz beta and it got him to pre-order the game.
>
> There trying to make modes that will suit a wide range of people which I like.

How good is the Blitz beta?

It seems nobody is hyped for it. I only know a handful of people trying the beta and for the HW2 forum section to not be the most popular right now is odd. It seems like nobody is talking about this game.