Anyone else missing infected?

Its been a while now since ive played reach, and i find myself missing one thing - Infected!

The new flood mode just doesnt get me like halo reach infected mode. Maybe its the secret hiding places, the teaming up, or just the laughs.

Anyone else miss this?

I sadly missed it, but if it’s anything like Halo 3’s Infected in Custom Games, I would love to see it back.

Oh i never played the infected custom games in halo 3! I didn’t have xbox live most the time.

What was it like?

I agree, I think Infection on Halo Reach is fun. If you miss it, you should just come play it. I find games easy on it.

Ha ha! Yeah. I have at least 10 Killionaires across all the infection gametypes I’ve played.

I miss alpha zombies.

Believe me, I know what you mean. I played the hell out of Infection in Reach. I played for hours on end until I rage quit from the bad swordplay. But I had so much fun while doing so. It was everything that made it fun. The camping zombies you saw that made you go flinch, the good hiding places, the glitchy hiding places, and getting swarmed by other Zombies. Halo 3 didn’t have a good Infection unless it was in customs, then it was 10X better. But Reach had the best infection.

I really do miss this playlist. I wish 343i would have kept original infection settings, and simply replaced Spartans with flood.

Its sad really. Flood is in no way “the spiritual successor to Infection”. In Reach, I remember Living Dead populations being over 16k months after Reach was released. According to HaloCharts.com, the highest Flood population in the last 7 days didn’t even reach 3k. I love Infection, I do not like Flood.

The feeling is mutual.

Yup, Flood just sucks, and with the issue regarding the Thruster Pack, I rather go with Infection or Alpha Zombies.

> Yup, Flood just sucks, and with the issue regarding the Thruster Pack, I rather go with Infection or Alpha Zombies.

I think the lunge distance bothers me more than the thrust.

> I really do miss this playlist. I wish 343i would have kept original infection settings, and simply replaced Spartans with flood.

This =/

Im stunned that 343 has not even said a word about Flood’s current state.

Oh lord how fun infection is!
I tried it out yesterday, and I had a blast!
The apocalyptic versions of maps, while the names are amusing, can be difficult fo learn at times.

> > Yup, Flood just sucks, and with the issue regarding the Thruster Pack, I rather go with Infection or Alpha Zombies.
>
> I think the lunge distance bothers me more than the thrust.

the lunge makes me laugh, especially on Uncaged, if you know what i mean.

> > > Yup, Flood just sucks, and with the issue regarding the Thruster Pack, I rather go with Infection or Alpha Zombies.
> >
> > I think the lunge distance bothers me more than the thrust.
>
> the lunge makes me laugh, especially on Uncaged, if you know what i mean.

Evade is just as bad… lol
The weird gravity messed me up when I was going in for an assassination at one point…