Anyone else miss 5's unique smart link displays?

Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite

> 2535442585388234;1:
> Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite

everyone complained in h5 calling it ADS even though it was cool.

> 2533274836018143;2:
> > 2535442585388234;1:
> > Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite
>
> everyone complained in h5 calling it ADS even though it was cool.

They complained becuase it was ADS and it was awful…
Its a hard no from me

I honestly only prefer when power weapons and precision weapons have zoom or smart link functions.

But I agree, weapons should definitely have different UI based on their faction.

> 2533274832130936;3:
> > 2533274836018143;2:
> > > 2535442585388234;1:
> > > Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite
> >
> > everyone complained in h5 calling it ADS even though it was cool.
>
> They complained becuase it was ADS and it was awful…
> Its a hard no from me

it really wasnt though. All it did was extend red reticle range like scoping in previous halos but was more visually appealing with an animation. Ive played halo for 15+ years and have no issue with it. Too many people are stuck in the past and unable to accept change especially ones that were good additions. Not saying everything about h5 was great there were def things I didnt like but smart scope was hardly something to complain about when it barely changes anything and just made halo more visually appealing.

> 2533274836018143;5:
> > 2533274832130936;3:
> > > 2533274836018143;2:
> > > > 2535442585388234;1:
> > > > Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite
> > >
> > > everyone complained in h5 calling it ADS even though it was cool.
> >
> > They complained becuase it was ADS and it was awful…
> > Its a hard no from me
>
> it really wasnt though. All it did was extend red reticle range like scoping in previous halos but was more visually appealing with an animation. Ive played halo for 15+ years and have no issue with it. Too many people are stuck in the past and unable to accept change especially ones that were good additions. Not saying everything about h5 was great there were def things I didnt like but smart scope was hardly something to complain about when it barely changes anything and just made halo more visually appealing.

Thats not all it did, yes with the AR irt extended the RRR it also tighted the grouping and applied a headshot modifier to the weapon
As it did with all wapons that had smart link

NOt stuck in the past just know bad design when I see it…

Also, since we are on the topic, how do you feel about the changes in halo infinite the changes to sprint the radar and AA for example

> 2533274832130936;6:
> > 2533274836018143;5:
> > > 2533274832130936;3:
> > > > 2533274836018143;2:
> > > > > 2535442585388234;1:
> > > > > Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite
> > > >
> > > > everyone complained in h5 calling it ADS even though it was cool.
> > >
> > > They complained becuase it was ADS and it was awful…
> > > Its a hard no from me
> >
> > it really wasnt though. All it did was extend red reticle range like scoping in previous halos but was more visually appealing with an animation. Ive played halo for 15+ years and have no issue with it. Too many people are stuck in the past and unable to accept change especially ones that were good additions. Not saying everything about h5 was great there were def things I didnt like but smart scope was hardly something to complain about when it barely changes anything and just made halo more visually appealing.
>
> Thats not all it did, yes with the AR irt extended the RRR it also tighted the grouping and applied a headshot modifier to the weapon
> As it did with all wapons that had smart link
>
> NOt stuck in the past just know bad design when I see it…
>
> Also, since we are on the topic, how do you feel about the changes in halo infinite the changes to sprint the radar and AA for example

That is true but they eventually fixed that, there’s a headshot multiplier on the AR in infinite as well though so we will see how that works out. I just think it wasnt a huge deal. I like it either way. My favorite game of all time is H3 and it has classic scoping. Im happy with infinite in the flight though and Im fine with smart scope not returning. I think sprint was little too slow to where it felt clunky. I think they just need to make it feel better and make sliding a little less clunky, but overall I liked the movement a lot and I think in the final game it will feel good. The radar is good for comp in my opinion. Thats how the radar should be in ranked. For regular social Id like the radar to be classic and always on though. I think AA was a little too low for certain weapon on controller in the flight. The sniper and skewer were not fun to use on controller. I think AA buffs to those guns would go a long way. AA on the BR and AR felt fine. Pistol could use a slight buff to AA but not a lot. Other than that I was really happy with what I played. Let me know your thoughts as well. Cheers

nope. I found a majority of them to be horrendous

Dont miss anything about Halo 5

Some of them to me looked nice like Longshot, but then you have Sentinel which is “Here’s glare all over your screen for no reason at all”. COG in theory was cool, but then the thing blocks half of your screen space and that’s definitely not cool. So, the way Infinite’s doing it is just fine I think. Balance between visuals and things actually being usable.

Good god, no!
They were horrendous!
ADS on scoped weapons obstructed the player’s FoV, which is the exact opposite of what zoom should do!
ADS on unscoped guns looked horrible as well, but I don’t care about that one as long as it no longer gives them spread buffs as it did in H5G.
Overall though, goodbye and good riddance!

I definitely don’t miss the way ADS was done on a gameplay level. But the unique designs is something I wish stayed to give eache weapon its own flair.

> 2535442585388234;1:
> Does anyone else miss how halo 5 had different smart link displays for every weapon? It’s a shame that they are all just the same now, before the covenant weapons would have a unique interface different to the unsc weapons and now they’re all just the same display. I like how the smart link in this has a minimal effect making hip fire more viable, but I wish that was one of the things they took from halo 5 and put in infinite

Yes, every weapon with a creative zoom style was really cool and made all weapons more unique. This new zoom is a clear downgrade to me because it looks boring and effortless, specially considering it applies to all weapons. If you gotta do ADS animations, at least make it look interesting.