Anyone else melee sometimes does no damage..

This isn’t the only time, but it really annoys me when we should of at least traded, but nope, the enemy gets to keep on living

Looks like a last second bulltrue to me. Sucks for you, but it happens.

You can even hear the melee, but no damage is dealt

Same has happened to me, both for and against.

Here’s one example. At the 13s mark. I was melee’d but received no damage.

> 2533274942042829;3:
> You can even hear the melee, but no damage is dealt

Your sword didn’t make the full lunging/attack (nor sound). Barely. You can see one of his teammates shooting you with an smg just before, he shoots you with a sniper, his friend finishes what’s left.

> 2533274809541057;4:
> Same has happened to me, both for and against.
>
> Here’s one example. At the 13s mark. I was melee’d but received no damage.

This one is odd, I’m inclined to say he pulled his joystick back countering the lung but idk for sure.

In your case it looks like you melee’d too late. It doesn’t look or sound like you landed your melee. Even if you think you heard the sound, it was probably just a slight latency issue.

> 2533274811982676;5:
> > 2533274809541057;4:
> > Same has happened to me, both for and against.
> >
> > Here’s one example. At the 13s mark. I was melee’d but received no damage.
>
>
> This one is odd, I’m inclined to say he pulled his joystick back countering the lung but idk for sure.

I felt my controller vibrate on his impact.

> 2533274809541057;7:
> > 2533274811982676;5:
> > > 2533274809541057;4:
> > > Same has happened to me, both for and against.
> > >
> > > Here’s one example. At the 13s mark. I was melee’d but received no damage.
> >
> >
> > This one is odd, I’m inclined to say he pulled his joystick back countering the lung but idk for sure.
>
>
> I felt my controller vibrate on his impact.

This is heresy!

Only happens to me when I totally miss the other guy…

I’ve been experiencing this A LOT lately, and I’m not talking about with power weapons either. Times where I’ll put enough bullets into an enemy where bleedthrough should take effect and at the VERY least be a traded kill, but the enemy walks away and I’m left with a dead spartan on the ground. I’ve also been noticing a disturbing amount of times where I’m being killed with 1 melee when it’s not from the back and I have no damage done to me at all. Last time I checked, punching a Spartan in the shoulder wasn’t a beat down. Melee seems to have gotten more inconsistent lately.