Anyone else hoping vehicle sub types return?

This was one of the few REC system things I really liked in halo 5, the sub vehicle types that where there. Generally they where fun and easy to tell on the battle field. Except the hanible mantis that thing is a warcrime and I want it to return as a boss fight.

EDIT

To clear up confusion… talking about the sup types themselves not the REQ system, these vehicles would be on map and more balanced then the halo 5 version where they are just better.

No. That’s the last thing I want in the game. The REQ system is yet another reason why I never bought Halo 5, and why the core gameplay was ruined in Warzone. What is the point of using the default vehicle, when you have some souped up variant that blows it out of the water in every way possible? All the REQ system did was unbalance gameplay by introducing more and more overpowered weapons and vehicles that players could use on a whim, and all for the sake of generating money through some RNG gambling mechanic.

If we’re going to see any vehicle variants I’d rather see it handled like the Razorback. Diversifaction and variety without sacrificing balance.

So your opinion is invalid out right stating you haven’t played it.

And you know it can be balanced right? Not just outright better.

For me that answer is no.
I feel like a bunch of those “sub types” were just filler, especially for the UNSC vehicles.

With a bunch of them not even having a actual difference other than visual it’s kind of pointless. Especially now that we have vehicle coatings.

There were some vehicles like the Oni, Rally, Hannibal, Sword, Ultra & Temple variants that did actually have functional differences but I don’t really know if Infinite really has room in the sandbox for it. With the REQ system not returning & Warzone being non existent we’re in a situation were these vehicles would have to be map specific.
Is it worth having a slightly functionally different version of a vehicle per map? I don’t think so.

Whilst I liked some of the different REQS, they’ve had their time. Infinite seems to be leaving it behind for the better.

> 2533274918614694;3:
> So your opinion is invalid out right stating you haven’t played it.
>
> And you know it can be balanced right? Not just outright better.

You keep advocating for the least interesting and compelling features that could potentially be added to the game, I really don’t get it. 343 are leaving behind the REQ system for good reason, just as they chose not to pursue weapon attachment/upgrades. and no, my opinion is not invalid. I’ve seen enough gameplay to realize how ridiculous the system was, what with the stacking of overpowered weapons with perks like damage boost, speed boost, overshield etc It was a ridiculous system, which as I already said, never trully cared about acheiving great balance, but rather generating as much money through micro transactions as possible.

Least interesting to you, they where interesting to me.

Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.

anyway @TheDonCJG You do have a point… I will hope the hannibal stuff at teh least comes back because they would make good custom game items at the least… though I want the warcrime that was that mantice back.

> 2535470395434446;5:
> > 2533274918614694;3:
> > So your opinion is invalid out right stating you haven’t played it.
> >
> > And you know it can be balanced right? Not just outright better.
>
> You keep advocating for the least interesting and compelling features that could potentially be added to the game, I really don’t get it. 343 are leaving behind the REQ system for good reason, just as they chose not to pursue weapon attachment/upgrades. and no, my opinion is not invalid. I’ve seen enough gameplay to realize how ridiculous the system was, what with the stacking of overpowered weapons with perks like damage boost, speed boost, overshield etc It was a ridiculous system, which as I already said, never trully cared about acheiving great balance, but rather generate as much money through micro transactions as possible.

As someone who did buy and play a good amount of 5, I’ll validate his opinion. I agree with his points on the req system.

It would be nice in some game modes! But I don’t think they will make a comeback on Infinite… apart from the vehicle skins, nothing like that was shown or even assumed.
If they really should insert them, it would be interesting to create a specific category for them, although this mech was not unanimous in the Halo community, it allowed some fun and to make some nice moves. ^^

> 2533274918614694;6:
> Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.

That’s just plain nonsense. I don’t need to personally play the game myself to see how ridiculous a 3x damage boost is, or pairing 4 speed boosts with Prophet’s Bane. It’s a mockery of the arena shooter philosophy, and just multiplayer games in general to be honest. Maybe you started with Halo not long ago though, that would explain why you don’t seem to see an issue with it.

> 2535470395434446;9:
> > 2533274918614694;6:
> > Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.
>
> That’s just plain nonsense. I don’t need to personally play the game myself to see how ridiculous a 3x damage boost is, or pairing 4 speed boosts with Prophet’s Bane. It’s a mockery of the arena shooter philosophy, and just multiplayer games in general to be honest. Maybe you started with Halo not long ago though, that would explain why you don’t seem to see an issue with it.

Don’t make me laugh, That isn’t a mockery of arena shooters that is one of the core parts. Have you played old ones? Those where key things to do mix power weapons and on map pick ups like that for some crazy combos.

I have been playing halo sense CE, got my first chops in MP playing on the PC version… god I loved that rocket hog. No I don’t see an issue with it because there isn’t one, it is a made up problem by those who really don’t like change.

> 2533274918614694;10:
> > 2535470395434446;9:
> > > 2533274918614694;6:
> > > Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.
> >
> > That’s just plain nonsense. I don’t need to personally play the game myself to see how ridiculous a 3x damage boost is, or pairing 4 speed boosts with Prophet’s Bane. It’s a mockery of the arena shooter philosophy, and just multiplayer games in general to be honest. Maybe you started with Halo not long ago though, that would explain why you don’t seem to see an issue with it.
>
> Don’t make me laugh, That isn’t a mockery of arena shooters that is one of the core parts. Have you plaid old ones? Those where key things to do mix power weapons and on map pick ups like that for some crazy combos.
>
> I have been playing halo sense CE, got my first chops in MP playing on the PC version… god I loved that rocket hog. No I don’t see an issue with it because there isn’t one, it is a made up problem by those who really don’t like change.

One of the core parts of arena shooters is purchasing power ups and power weapons with cards earned via in game and real currency? hmmm, I have to say I don’t really remember many arena shooters doing that. Last time I checked arena shooters had players fight for map control in order to aquire weapons…

and no, it has nothing to do with not liking change. quite the contrary, it has everything to do with wanting a multiplayer experience to be fun and well balanced, as it should be. Thankfully 343 haven’t sold out completely, because they’ve ditched that horrible system in Infinite after seeing how badly received it was.

> 2535470395434446;11:
> > 2533274918614694;10:
> > > 2535470395434446;9:
> > > > 2533274918614694;6:
> > > > Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.
> > >
> > > That’s just plain nonsense. I don’t need to personally play the game myself to see how ridiculous a 3x damage boost is, or pairing 4 speed boosts with Prophet’s Bane. It’s a mockery of the arena shooter philosophy, and just multiplayer games in general to be honest. Maybe you started with Halo not long ago though, that would explain why you don’t seem to see an issue with it.
> >
> > Don’t make me laugh, That isn’t a mockery of arena shooters that is one of the core parts. Have you plaid old ones? Those where key things to do mix power weapons and on map pick ups like that for some crazy combos.
> >
> > I have been playing halo sense CE, got my first chops in MP playing on the PC version… god I loved that rocket hog. No I don’t see an issue with it because there isn’t one, it is a made up problem by those who really don’t like change.
>
> One of the core parts of arena shooters is purchasing power ups and power weapons with cards earned via in game and real currency? hmmm, I have to say I don’t really remember many arena shooters doing that. Last time I checked arena shooters had players fight for map control in order to aquire weapons…
>
> and no, it has nothing to do with not liking change. quite the contrary, it has everything to do with wanting a multiplayer experience to be fun and well balanced, as it should be. Thankfully 343 haven’t sold out completely, because they’ve ditched that horrible system in Infinite after seeing how badly received it was.

Where the hell are you getting real currency? That doesn’t have jack to do with the weapons and sub type combos? Seriously where are you even getting that as it isn’t even valid in this conversation, the weapons and gear don’t require it in 5 and while yes some people did buy them most don’t.

You are going on a completely different train of thought, no wonder you are arguing over this, you aren’t even having the same freaking conversation.

I am talking about vehicle types, not some system where you can but different ones but sub types.

five brought a lot of good ones to the table, they are no different then the difference between a rocket hog and a chain hog. the coating versions isn’t what I meant at all, I am talking true differences like the wraith vs AA wraith the mantis vs the hannible one things that would actually add to the game play. You are talking about some half baked system that we all know isn’t coming back.

The Req system was definitely fun in H5 and that’s what made Warzone so much fun to play. As far as the sub class vehicles go a lot of them just weren’t “useful” I rarely use vehicles in H5 WZ unless I need to steal a boss or area denial.

I personally think the vehicle coatings will be a better way of going about it and only have one or two variations of the vehicle in terms of armor and performance not just re-skins of the same vehicle variant. So for example keep the Scorpion, ONI Scorpion, and Hannibal Scorpion but remove all of the re-skin versions of the standard Scorpion.

Hope this made sense!

> 2535445608274502;13:
> The Req system was definitely fun in H5 and that’s what made Warzone so much fun to play. As far as the sub class vehicles go a lot of them just weren’t “useful” I rarely use vehicles in H5 WZ unless I need to steal a boss or area denial.
>
> I personally think the vehicle coatings will be a better way of going about it and only have one or two variations of the vehicle in terms of armor and performance not just re-skins of the same vehicle variant. So for example keep the Scorpion, ONI Scorpion, and Hannibal Scorpion but remove all of the re-skin versions of the standard Scorpion.
>
> Hope this made sense!

That is what I was attempting to say with my post… I think I suck at talking.

> 2533274918614694;12:
> > 2535470395434446;11:
> > > 2533274918614694;10:
> > > > 2535470395434446;9:
> > > > > 2533274918614694;6:
> > > > > Yeah you have no personal experience which means everything you have seen is distorted second party info.
> > > >
> > > > That’s just plain nonsense. I don’t need to personally play the game myself to see how ridiculous a 3x damage boost is, or pairing 4 speed boosts with Prophet’s Bane. It’s a mockery of the arena shooter philosophy, and just multiplayer games in general to be honest. Maybe you started with Halo not long ago though, that would explain why you don’t seem to see an issue with it.
> > >
> > > Don’t make me laugh, That isn’t a mockery of arena shooters that is one of the core parts. Have you plaid old ones? Those where key things to do mix power weapons and on map pick ups like that for some crazy combos.
> > >
> > > I have been playing halo sense CE, got my first chops in MP playing on the PC version… god I loved that rocket hog. No I don’t see an issue with it because there isn’t one, it is a made up problem by those who really don’t like change.
> >
> > One of the core parts of arena shooters is purchasing power ups and power weapons with cards earned via in game and real currency? hmmm, I have to say I don’t really remember many arena shooters doing that. Last time I checked arena shooters had players fight for map control in order to aquire weapons…
> >
> > and no, it has nothing to do with not liking change. quite the contrary, it has everything to do with wanting a multiplayer experience to be fun and well balanced, as it should be. Thankfully 343 haven’t sold out completely, because they’ve ditched that horrible system in Infinite after seeing how badly received it was.
>
> Where the hell are you getting real currency? That doesn’t have jack to do with the weapons and sub type combos? Seriously where are you even getting that as it isn’t even valid in this conversation, the weapons and gear don’t require it in 5 and while yes some people did buy them most don’t.
>
> You are going on a completely different train of thought, no wonder you are arguing over this, you aren’t even having the same freaking conversation.
>
> I am talking about vehicle types, not some system where you can but different ones but sub types.
>
> five brought a lot of good ones to the table, they are no different then the difference between a rocket hog and a chain hog. the coating versions isn’t what I meant at all, I am talking true differences like the wraith vs AA wraith the mantis vs the hannible one things that would actually add to the game play. You are talking about some half baked system that we all know isn’t coming back.

“That doesn’t have jack to do with the weapons and sub type combos?” Isn’t a question, so you can drop the question mark. Seriously, it’s annoying when people completely overuse question marks all the time.

As for you insinuating I’m having a different conversation, that really isn’t true. The fact of the matter is, the REQ system clearly introduced weapon and vehicle variants which were overpowered, thus rendering the default variants completely unavailing by comparison - exactly because they knew people would spend the money on packs to get some of them.

If you break the variants down all they really do is add redundancy.

All Sword/Temple/Ultra: just stronger and more powerful versions of the default vehicles. Yawn…
All ONI/Hannibal variants: just stronger and more powerful versions of the default vehicles. Yawn…
The Phaeton Helios: just a stronger, more powerful Phaeton. Yawn…

Stuff like the rocket hog has a place, because it’s not neccescarily better than the chaingun warthog, it just has a different kind of playstyle. Obviously the Razorback is a variant along the same lines.

I am not talking about the REQ system, -Yoink!- you are dumb. Sorry I am just going to start ignoring you right here.

some of them were pretty cool, but others felt like filler.

Hopefully if they do it, they will all have distinct performance differences

> 2533274918614694;16:
> I am not talking about the REQ system, -Yoink!- you are dumb. Sorry I am just going to start ignoring you right here.

You’re ignoring me because you know you don’t have a leg to stand on. You know you can’t counter the points I made.
The vehicle variants introduced in Halo 5 are really just introducing redundancy to the sandbox. There is nothing interesting about having sub vehicles which are just stronger and better than their default versions. Enough said. Now, maybe it’s time for the mods to lock this thread since the discussion here has more or less run its course.

> 2533274918614694;14:
> > 2535445608274502;13:
> > The Req system was definitely fun in H5 and that’s what made Warzone so much fun to play. As far as the sub class vehicles go a lot of them just weren’t “useful” I rarely use vehicles in H5 WZ unless I need to steal a boss or area denial.
> >
> > I personally think the vehicle coatings will be a better way of going about it and only have one or two variations of the vehicle in terms of armor and performance not just re-skins of the same vehicle variant. So for example keep the Scorpion, ONI Scorpion, and Hannibal Scorpion but remove all of the re-skin versions of the standard Scorpion.
> >
> > Hope this made sense!
>
> That is what I was attempting to say with my post… I think I suck at talking.

and reading comprehension too by the looks of it

> 2533274918614694;1:
> This was one of the few REC system things I really liked in halo 5, the sub vehicle types that where there. Generally they where fun and easy to tell on the battle field. Except the hanible mantis that thing is a warcrime and I want it to return as a boss fight.

The variants cant be a 20 clones of the vehicle, only some should come back as actusly variants and some as just skins. All the skin designs should come as a skin, and probably only variants coming bsck should be the Oni and Hannibal but as rare findings on the map or easter egg.

Other vehicles that sre just fun and ridiculous should not return like the scout warthog or needle turret hog should stay behind.