Anyone else hoping for the return of the flood?

Just curious to what others think on this topic? I always found the flood really interesting, since the halo rings were created to starve them by wiping life out. Surely they should have an epic return in Halo infinite! I remember enjoying the 3 way battles between me, the covenant, and the flood in the originals - also the sentinels! Hopefully with infinite they are going to widen the battlefield by including them in at some point.

Definitely.

Integral to the Halo story. Plus a bit of fun to fight.

They don’t necessarily need to have a large part in the intiial release of Infinite - but I’m sure they will be introduced (it is a spiritual reboot after all). And they will get there turn within Infinites DLC life span.

I hope they really work hard on how they weapons work against them. Like human weapons are good against health and covie against shields, in halo 5 Promethean weapons are best against Prometheans but I’ll come to that in a moment.

For the flood I think bullet based weapons should punch through targets with reduced damage on secondary targets whereas plasma is better at destroying body parts but lacks punch through. Forerunner weapons should act like weaker covie ones with a little bit of punch through.

I know we’re against the banished in Infinite so spiker and spiker-like weapons should slow flood targets down to the point that they either die or become immobile (due to the sheer amount of spikes weighing them down and being lodged in the body) to which the combat forms break down and release the infection form (like H3)

Story-wise, not thrilled about the idea of Flood coming back. Would negate Halo 3’s ending and the sense of resolution and a completed arc for the original trilogy that you got from defeating the Flood
But gameplay-wise, a more intense Flood Firefight mode could be pretty cool, especially if it included maps based on classic Flood levels, like a section of the Library etc

Man. I think about the library fights… :confused:. Those times were golden. I would definitely welcome back the Flood. A War zone match with flood would be amazing. Maybe all the enemies together. Covenant, Prometians and Flood. Man. One can only dream for now!

I’m definitely hoping for it.

I’d actually like something small initially in Infinite’s campaign. The New Hope Research Facility mission in Gears 2 where all sorts of experiments in Locusts and the Sires were being hidden resonated with me, so it’d be cool to maybe go through a Flood research facility still keeping things locked down, perhaps with ONI gear laying around showing they had been working there too before the Banished invasion. Not looking for a full scale outbreak yet with the Created and Banished still a problem.

> 2533274819029930;4:
> Story-wise, not thrilled about the idea of Flood coming back. Would negate Halo 3’s ending and the sense of resolution and a completed arc for the original trilogy that you got from defeating the Flood
> But gameplay-wise, a more intense Flood Firefight mode could be pretty cool, especially if it included maps based on classic Flood levels, like a section of the Library etc

The Halo rings only destroy life forms with enough higher cognitive function to be considered sentient, therefore it would only target Flood hosts and Graveminds, leaving infection forms and simpler pure forms alone and starving. Just going off of that it’s pretty much a guarantee that the Flood wasn’t defeated, an this was confirmed in Halo Wars 2.

Not to mention, every single Halo ring has a Flood research facility, and we’ve seen three instances of security in those facilities failing, two by outside meddling and one due to negligence from its monitor. God knows what could be happening on the other rings.

There’s also the Flood on the Shield World from Halo Wars. They had completely overrun the planet’s exterior even prior to the Covenant’s arrival, meaning they had to have survived the firing of the Halo array. Who knows what other facilities out there have dormant Flood within them, I mean, they were being held in cryo on a gas mine.

Am definitely hoping for the return of the flood. Fighting the flood is Halo. It brings back that nostalgia of great levels like 343 Guilty Spark. With the exception of the horrid Library level…

Halo 2 where the flood also drove vehicles and would be in three ways battles against you and the Covenant had some of the best variety for missions. I don’t understand why 343 has entirely avoided the Flood.

Yes I’ve been hoping Infinite after playing the HW2 expansion. They expanded on the Flood a lot and I want to see them in an FPS Halo.

Zeta Halo is rich in Flood history, so it’s very possible for a return.

> 2533274819029930;4:
> Story-wise, not thrilled about the idea of Flood coming back. Would negate Halo 3’s ending and the sense of resolution and a completed arc for the original trilogy that you got from defeating the Flood
> But gameplay-wise, a more intense Flood Firefight mode could be pretty cool, especially if it included maps based on classic Flood levels, like a section of the Library etc

We didn’t defeat the flood, we beat 1 gravemind. Every ring has flood. Also, I think Zata is known for mendicant bias and the flood.