Anyone else having this lately?

I got disconnected from Xbox Live twice in two games, anyone else having problems? (I usually have a nice connection, and I’ve never been disconnected before, if that does anything)

Could be host booters. Came across another last night. His mate egging him on to Boot one of our players then another and another until we were all systemactically disconnected from XBL. Reported them again but as these guys keep doing it under multiple different accounts they never seem to get banned. One of my friends informed me that they do this when they bost in Arena so they can play 4 v 1 and with the tag Iron Booster i believe it.

I feel ya. Had this happen to me whereas I was dominating a map, suddenly black screens, and(my router is directly behind me) happen to see a red light on my Internet indicator on the TV! As for the host booters… I HOPE THEY ALL GET ISP BANNED because they want to do anything to win even cheat, regardless if the host happens to be on a ‘probe’.

Make sure Reach is downloaded to your hard drive. Similar things happened to me when disc wasn’t working right. Careful because when that happens it goes on your record as dropping out of a game and you can get temp banned.

Happened to me once. Didn’t remember to call my ISP in time.

Next time it happens to you, I’d recommend calling your ISP and asking them to look into it. I’m pretty sure that forcibly interfering with someone else’s connection is a violation of most ISPs’ ToS – people who do it to you can have their own service terminated if they’re caught.

> Happened to me once. Didn’t remember to call my ISP in time.
>
> Next time it happens to you, I’d recommend calling your ISP and asking them to look into it. I’m pretty sure that forcibly interfering with someone else’s connection is a violation of most ISPs’ ToS – people who do it to you can have their own service terminated if they’re caught.

Problem is, the techniques that they use allow them to go basically untracked. A combination of dynamic IP, DHCP, and port randomization, among others.

That’s why reporting never fixes the problem either. They can evade the auto-detect/reporting system with relative ease.

> Make sure Reach is downloaded to your hard drive. Similar things happened to me when disc wasn’t working right. Careful because when that happens it goes on your record as dropping out of a game and you can get temp banned.

I don’t have the disk, so it’s downloaded. (Reach codecard + console = :smiley: )

Last night on Beaver Creek I had a blue screen right before the match started then when it did there was insane lag - I was on a team of 4 randoms vs a full team in Party Chat - could this be something like you guys are talking about? The lag was so terrible it felt like a time loop so I dropped out. I hate doing that but it was really bad!

It’s extremely easy to tell if you’ve been “booted offline”. Simply check your connectivity on other internet devices (computer or phone if it’s using your wireless). If it works, you simply lagged out of the game. If it doesn’t work, you may have been “hit offline”. From here, try getting your I.P changed (Modem reset usually does the job unless you have a static I.P in which case you will need to contact your ISP) and if your connection is fine after an I.P change than you were likely “hit offline”. If not, than your connection has gone wrong.

> Could be host booters. Came across another last night. His mate egging him on to Boot one of our players then another and another until we were all systemactically disconnected from XBL. Reported them again but as these guys keep doing it under multiple different accounts they never seem to get banned. One of my friends informed me that they do this when they bost in Arena so they can play 4 v 1 and with the tag Iron Booster i believe it.

lron Booster (spelt with an ‘L’ by the way) is not a host booter. I know this for a fact since I’ve played many many games with him.

Host booters or lag switchers.

I blame Afkers.

> Last night on Beaver Creek I had a blue screen right before the match started then when it did there was insane lag - I was on a team of 4 randoms vs a full team in Party Chat - could this be something like you guys are talking about? The lag was so terrible it felt like a time loop so I dropped out. I hate doing that but it was really bad!

Didn’t know there were BLUE screens!

About the connection(regardless of ANYTHING-switchers), sometimes it does when i’m off go red-full, then green(red internet light). Also the crap about solar flares has me concerned b/c it seems to happen on a sunny HOT day

EDIT: this has been fixed as I have contacted tech support from my ISP whom have said that my phone cabling from the house was all screwed up(Used uTorrent before the check and it dropped at around 600-700 kb/s and now it goes up to 1.2 MB/s)

I have read that if you have a good high speed internet service it helps defend against host booters, would this be accurate to some extent?

> I have read that if you have a good high speed internet service it helps defend against host booters, would this be accurate to some extent?

NO.

You will get booted regardless of your connection speed as your connection can no longer communicate with theirs because they’ve blocked your IP.

I remember some time ago I was playing BTB as a random and one of the randoms on my team was a host booter, the other team was a team of eight Inheritors who were talking trash. The host booter simply said “goodbye tryhards” and booted the Inheritors one by one.

Probably the only time I wasn’t outraged by host booting.

> Make sure Reach is downloaded to your hard drive. Similar things happened to me when disc wasn’t working right. Careful because when that happens it goes on your record as dropping out of a game and you can get temp banned.

Doesn’t have to be the disk. I’m still playing Reach with a cracked disk and everything is in the green… the only thing that doesn’t work(sometimes) is campaign

> I remember some time ago I was playing BTB as a random and one of the randoms on my team was a host booter, the other team was a team of eight Inheritors who were talking trash. The host booter simply said “goodbye tryhards” and booted the Inheritors one by one.
>
> Probably the only time I wasn’t outraged by host booting.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

> > Happened to me once. Didn’t remember to call my ISP in time.
> >
> > Next time it happens to you, I’d recommend calling your ISP and asking them to look into it. I’m pretty sure that forcibly interfering with someone else’s connection is a violation of most ISPs’ ToS – people who do it to you can have their own service terminated if they’re caught.
>
> Problem is, the techniques that they use allow them to go basically untracked. A combination of dynamic IP, DHCP, and port randomization, among others.
>
> That’s why reporting never fixes the problem either. They can evade the auto-detect/reporting system with relative ease.

Whenever you have a dynamic IP, sure the last few digits change, but the ISP-issued first three sets of numbers don’t. all the isp has to do is see the name of the router as well as recent ping jumps and nail him/her!