Anyone else having connection problems?

Is it just me or is Reach (and Halo 3) having loading issues today? I can’t load anything in the multiplayer menu. If I do wait for a while a message stating ‘Information can’t be retrieved from Xbox Live’ will display. All of my network connections appear to be normal as well. Also I purchased the game via Games On Demand so it’s not a disc issue being that there is no disc. So is it me or Xbox Live or Reach? PLZ HELP.

It seems that the Reach servers are having issues… I know that this extremely poor excuse for a website called “halo waypoint” is having issues too. There have been so many connection issues within the past week it’s ridiculous…

My connection is great. But I’m getting the same “Information could not be retrieved from Xbox LIVE”…

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2065611564.png

Yep. Ran the speedtest and everything came back fine… Must be an Xbox problem.

(CAUTION: EXTREME SARCASM ALERT!) No it isn’t like there is a large population of people on this site all at once posting that their having connection problems and a large population playing the Halo games preparing for Halo 4. So these connection problems don’t seem to have to do with any of these thousands of people coming on all at once on both systems to criticize Reach and Halo 4. It’s all 343’s fault not ours even though there are like 20,000 people here on Waypoint looking at the same page at the same time and 20,000 people online on Reach and Halo 3 playing like crazy so no it doesn’t have anything to do with the thousands of people online doing the same thing at once it’s just 343’s fault.

> (CAUTION: EXTREME SARCASM ALERT!) No it isn’t like there is a large population of people on this site all at once posting that their having connection problems and a large population playing the Halo games preparing for Halo 4. So these connection problems don’t seem to have to do with any of these thousands of people coming on all at once on both systems to criticize Reach and Halo 4. It’s all 343’s fault not ours even though there are like 20,000 people here on Waypoint looking at the same page at the same time and 20,000 people online on Reach and Halo 3 playing like crazy so no it doesn’t have anything to do with the thousands of people online doing the same thing at once it’s just 343’s fault.

nice post there but there servers should not be having problems now with only a hundred thousand or so(at most). If its this bad now imagine what it will be like when halo 4 is actually released when over half a million at least will be trying to play

> > (CAUTION: EXTREME SARCASM ALERT!) No it isn’t like there is a large population of people on this site all at once posting that their having connection problems and a large population playing the Halo games preparing for Halo 4. So these connection problems don’t seem to have to do with any of these thousands of people coming on all at once on both systems to criticize Reach and Halo 4. It’s all 343’s fault not ours even though there are like 20,000 people here on Waypoint looking at the same page at the same time and 20,000 people online on Reach and Halo 3 playing like crazy so no it doesn’t have anything to do with the thousands of people online doing the same thing at once it’s just 343’s fault.
>
> nice post there but there servers should not be having problems now with only a hundred thousand or so(at most). If its this bad now imagine what it will be like when halo 4 is actually released when over half a million at least will be trying to play

My exact point my friend.

I been having the same problem all week and it only happens to some people the only maps i can load are the anniversary maps and even then sometimes it does not work i have even been banned from matchmaking because it lags me out of games. Frowny face

We have been inventing new language to describe how we have been delayed or knocked off lately.

3-1-1-3 is where a 4v4 game gets split into two 3v1 games.

That 11-o’clock loopy thing where your team leader hits “Start Matchmaking” and it keeps flipping the error message. We’ve usually seen this at 23:00 Eastern. Servers coming off-line for Maintenance?

The “uh-oh - somebody’s going to lag out” map load failure message.

We haven’t come up with a good one yet for where your entire party gets kicked out of the game and then the party gets broken up too.

and the whole time, the little status bars are green…