Anyone else find alpha infected tad over powered?

The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don’t show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan’s are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn’t take aim assist away.
The countless deaths I’ve encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I’ve already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over…

Thoughts?

> 2533274874385787;1:
> The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don’t show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
> This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan’s are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
> What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn’t take aim assist away.
> The countless deaths I’ve encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I’ve already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over…
>
> Thoughts?

They don’t have perfect camo. The armor effect gives them away every time. If anything infected are a bit too weak.

If anything i would say the alpha is a tad to weak.

yeah their active camo is useless with that armor effect that infected have. the only thing good you get for being alpha is you don’t show up on radar

I have to disagree with you OP. Alpha is fine. It not showing up on Radar is it’s only saving grace.

If anything I think alpha should be buffed with a 10% shield to make them a tiny bit harder to kill

The camo’s problem isn’t that the camo does’t make them invisible, it’s that the aim assist is usually non-existent and it is nearly impossible to hit them.

> 2533274874385787;7:
> The camo’s problem isn’t that the camo does’t make them invisible, it’s that the aim assist is usually non-existent and it is nearly impossible to hit them.

And they make for that by allowing you to see them a mile away with the armor effect.

If you have issues hitting them sounds like you just need to play more. I mean a shotgun and AR are not hard to hit opponents

I am finding humans op if anything…the whole AR shotty start is unforgiving.

> 2535451146144181;3:
> If anything i would say the alpha is a tad to weak.

I find that I feel this way while I am playing as the alpha infected but whenever I am playing as the spartan it always seems to be the opposite

The camo really helps to secure those first conversions as the game is starting. I always get 1-2 kills as an alpha immediately by crouching around a corner where I know Spartans will be coming to a weapon drop. Getting those initial conversions is huge, and it would be almost impossible without the camo or any other minimal advantage the alphas have.

Spartans have to be aware of their surroundings and place themselves in choke points with limited access. Plus, camo doesn’t mask footsteps, so keep your ears open for the alphas. I agree with others that the alphas could stand to be buffed a little bit, especially with how some of the maps completely favor survivors (crypt and power installation).

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274874385787;1:
> > The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don’t show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
> > This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan’s are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
> > What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn’t take aim assist away.
> > The countless deaths I’ve encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I’ve already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over…
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> They don’t have perfect camo. The armor effect gives them away every time. If anything infected are a bit too weak.

Yeah zombies in my personal opnion need a speed buff,better camo,and faster recharging boosters.Pick one of those and it vastly improves everything.

They’re a bit on the weak side to me. As they should be since they are infected.

Lol not the zombies are horribly under powered especially the alphas. The infected are not even feared in this game since we can have power weapons. Alphas need to not have that armor effect, and the infected all around need a speed boost, they are bit to slow.

The camo’s problem isn’t that the camo does’t make them invisible, it’s that the aim assist is usually non-existent and it is nearly impossible to hit them.

> 2533274874385787;7:
> The camo’s problem isn’t that the camo does’t make them invisible, it’s that the aim assist is usually non-existent and it is nearly impossible to hit them.

I seem to have no issues cross mapping them with the ar. If there is a massive change in aim assist I haven’t noticed it.

If the zombies are so underpowered then how come always when I’m an alpha I rack up like 5 infections per round constantly. Though I agree that the power installation is terrible for infected and crypt is also kind of.
And hitting usually is not a problem, I win almost 50% of my infection games…

The only issue with Alphas is the shoddy armor effect that gives away the camouflage and takes away from stealthy ambush type Alphas.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274874385787;1:
> > The fact that the alpha infected have perfect camo leading to no aim assist and don’t show up on radar when not thrusting makes them tad OP in my opinion.
> > This mechanic then forces the game into bit of a campfest when spartan’s are almost completely defenceless when on the move. I myself would like to move a bit around the map but even in the most open areas you get camped or completely blind sided by an alpha infected.
> > What I think would bring enoug balance is that the alpha infected either show on radar normally or the aim assist would kick in more easily. For example the aim assist could be distance determinded so that on close range (aka swor lunge range) the camo wouldn’t take aim assist away.
> > The countless deaths I’ve encountered just because an alpha stays crouched even though I’ve already spotted it and try desperately to move the reticule with subtelty and precision of a surgeon only to sweep over…
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> They don’t have perfect camo. The armor effect gives them away every time. If anything infected are a bit too weak.

^