Anyone else feel the 3sk Magnum was a bad idea?

Don’t get me wrong, I freaking love this thing. Getting a perfect 3 shot could make any game instantly awesome. But I don’t feel it could really work with Reach. Now without a doubt the moment the playlist goes live everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will be using it. Plus with things like slower strafe speed, hitscan (which more or less isn’t the games fault but it does play a part), and larger hitboxes found in Reach I just feel like its going to stick out like a sore thumb. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I’ve been considering this for a while as well…

I think it is just for nostalgia’s sake. They already said it won’t be in that many playlists. I Think it was nice of them to at least include it in the TU.

“…it is our intent to keep the three-shot Magnum in a controlled environment. It’s certainly not meant for default Slayer (where it’d be more effective than either the Needle Rifle or the DMR), but it has a special place in the Anniversary gametypes…”-Emphasis Mine.
http://www.halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-83111-/211200

It wont be like CE. Reach mechanics will make it so easy. 3 spam shots are so easy to get down. At least that’s how I see it going down.

It’s okay for everyone to use the BR/DMR… but not the pistol. Right.

its well made and balanced. Play the TU playlist and see for yourself.

While it fun to use, it wont work like you said. IT fit that game and play, it wont fit reach, The Best Current Game (Besides BF3) but reach is at the lower end of halo and 343 should stop trying to make it the same to please older player just because they think they know halo, make it, it’s self. and make book canon #1.

120% speed makes Reach fun. The CE pistol will be ideal on that speed setting.

As long as they tighten up the spread, otherwise it’ll be too random.

> its well made and balanced. Play the TU playlist and see for yourself.

The TU Beta magnum is a 4sk, the new magnum will be 3sk and full auto.

> While it fun to use, it wont work like you said. IT fit that game and play, it wont fit reach, The Best Current Game (Besides BF3) but reach is at the lower end of halo and 343 should stop trying to make it the same to please older player just because they think they know halo, make it, it’s self. and <mark>make book canon #1</mark>.

I disagree with everything you just said except the highlighted part.

i dont like that pistol. i want reach settings back!!

> It’s okay for everyone to use the BR/DMR… but not the pistol. Right.

I feel the same way. Maybe keep it in the anniversary playlist, but you would have to remove the DMR and every power weapon that wasn’t in Halo 1 along with other non CE weapons in order to keep it. Otherwise I want the reach magnum back.

Anybody complaining about the 3 shot pistol needs to wake up and smell the roses. If everyone spawns with it and you aren’t using it, but are getting pwn’d by it, USE IT. Simple. It’s fair and balanced. If you are complaining about it, you suck with it.

Actually the 3sk pistol will only be for the classic playlist, with the movement, jump and everything changed so it can be more like CE… in fact, you may not even feel the difference between CE and Reach!

It is fine in the TU Beta, so why do you think it is going to be so much more different in the H:CEA version? It works well now and it just offers more options. At certain ranges, the DMR is better. Versatility is good.

> It is fine in the TU Beta, so why do you think it is going to be so much more different in the H:CEA version? It works well now and it just offers more options. At certain ranges, the DMR is better. Versatility is good.

The 3sk Magnum is actually not in the TU Beta playlist. They are saving it for H:CEA’s release. “Please note all gametypes utilize 85% bloom (unless otherwise noted) with all the Title Update changes implemented—minus the addition of the Combat Evolved Magnum
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-91411-/239029

no. its a GREAT idea. and they will have a classic playlist where the movement/jump/maps will have a classic feel. its supposed to feel like halo 1. i’m so pumped to go boss on peeps with the halo 1 pistol on xbl.

It’s not a bad idea as long as it’s to a specific playlist which will no doubt be Classic. 3SK pistol is too much for some of the more casual players or those who want some semblance of balance within the sandbox itself. Can’t risk losing players over one very OP gun now, not many are used to it’s stopping power.

Personally, i can’t wait to use it again.