Anyone else feel like halo 5 got abandoned?

I know they still change up multiplayer rotations but it’s the only halo that isn’t getting a series X/S upgrade even halo spartan assault got that update…
Also I don’t think it’ll ever come to PC fully.

I honestly think Halo 5 will be getting regularly rotated maps and playlists, but nothing new aside from that. Unlike Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 isn’t a live service game with alot of promise anymore. Kinda sucks because I love Halo 5’s multiplayer so much, but at this stage I think it’s going to be left to glide unitl it runs out of air. Yes, I do think it’s been abandoned unfortunately. At least in terms of new large updates.

I thought Halo 5 was never going to be fully brought to PC?

Plus, I think their focus is fully on Infinite. They intend for it to be THE Halo for the next 10 years, with updates and such. Which is probably why there’s been such a heavy focus on MCC the past two years, as they use that as a testbed for Infinite.

Halo 5 was abandoned years ago. I think its lack of popularity caused 343 to shift to fixin MCC/polishing Infinite.

> 2535420423878127;4:
> Halo 5 was abandoned years ago. I think its lack of popularity caused 343 to shift to fixin MCC/polishing Infinite.

Partially the drop in players, but I have also heard that they started running into issues with bloat in the file size. This is all second hand (so it could be very wrong), but apparently the engine couldn’t handle them adding in more content without some major work.

Still, the game has plenty of polish and bug fixing they could do. I’m personally pretty tired of Warzone bosses being pushed out of the levels.

> 2806037446402987;5:
> > 2535420423878127;4:
> > Halo 5 was abandoned years ago. I think its lack of popularity caused 343 to shift to fixin MCC/polishing Infinite.
>
> Partially the drop in players, but I have also heard that they started running into issues with bloat in the file size. This is all second hand (so it could be very wrong), but apparently the engine couldn’t handle them adding in more content without some major work.
>
> Still, the game has plenty of polish and bug fixing they could do. I’m personally pretty tired of Warzone bosses being pushed out of the levels.

Theres also the occasional issue of “kill so many of x enemy” but not all of the required spawn into map so you and the team run around in circles till the timer runs out n lose.

> 2535420423878127;6:
> > 2806037446402987;5:
> > > 2535420423878127;4:
> > > Halo 5 was abandoned years ago. I think its lack of popularity caused 343 to shift to fixin MCC/polishing Infinite.
> >
> > Partially the drop in players, but I have also heard that they started running into issues with bloat in the file size. This is all second hand (so it could be very wrong), but apparently the engine couldn’t handle them adding in more content without some major work.
> >
> > Still, the game has plenty of polish and bug fixing they could do. I’m personally pretty tired of Warzone bosses being pushed out of the levels.
>
> Theres also the occasional issue of “kill so many of x enemy” but not all of the required spawn into map so you and the team run around in circles till the timer runs out n lose.

Yeah, a lot of people don’t know if you kill spawning enemies too quickly you can mess up the internal counter. Maybe I’ll put together an up to date list.

Very good feedback. It definitely. Gave me the insite to focus more on mcc then 5

It would be ideal for the game to come to PC in order to boost the player base.
I do not understand why they have not done this before … If with halo 5 forge for pc they already have half the work done …

I agree & I can understand the reasoning behind it, however I believe that there can be further minor updates and changes.

Currently the game has been drafted to self maintain, using a rotating Social Playlist, a Ranked Social Playlist & rotating Warzone Playlists.

What you get is what you put in & eventually if no other changes are made, the population will eventually decline.

I believe the current climate is very competitive, and there is no real opportunity for new players to take part in matchmaking. For current players, the only way to wind down is in Firefight, Infection or the Customs Browser as the other Social Playlists are too fast paced to be considered casual.

Regarding,
‘ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE HALO 5 GOT ABANDONED?’
This is something I feel & I believe a majority of other players too.

I can understand why no major changes can be made, but I believe making some minor amendments could refresh the game and not have it feel so stale.

Some ideas I have are:

• Permanent Action Sack Playlist - Reducing maps and gametypes in certain playlists to have favoured maps played more - Adding another award for Halo Infinite which is easier to attain (level 117)Thank you for creating the thread rossflex :slight_smile:

343 said they will not make new content for halo 5

IDK, Halo 5 has had the best multiplayer since Halo 2. Halo 3 was fun but it was mostly fun because of the custom games it had. I hope that Infinite’s multiplayer experience is like Halo 5’s.
Halo 5 still has a lot of players, however, 343 support for it, such as updates and new maps has died, unfortunately. Hopefully, they release Halo infinite at the time they actually say they will this time, but wouldn’t surprise me if they waited again for another new console generation.

To quote 049 Abject Testament - “We deserve to be forgotten.

> 2535466853625977;1:
> I know they still change up multiplayer rotations but it’s the only halo that isn’t getting a series X/S upgrade even halo spartan assault got that update…
> Also I don’t think it’ll ever come to PC fully.

I’m sure they have the rotation set to a playlist on repeat. Even the halo webpage that opens up from within the game is from 2017.

I feel like it did get abandoned to an extent, I would like to see another update (to add new armour, potentially weapons… etc) but with halo infinite being made it is highly unlikely. They still do the weekly mode changes which is nice.

H5 wasn’t abandoned but it did lose the main focus of content creation & updates from 343 because of the needs of fixing MCC in order to port it to PC a couple years letter and then work on Infinite. Plus H5 was already at it’s limit for content being able to be added.

Which is a shame because it was one more balance update away from being a much better game than it is now. The magnum wouldn’t be as dominant compared to most of the other weapons in the update weren’t nerfed & made harder to use compared to it.

There might’ve been one coming down the pipe. For example, it’s been known that kinetic bolts on the AR & SMG make their TTKs lower because it undo’s their damage changes they received in the weapon tuning. The AR’s headshot damage is reduced back to 2x but it’s base bullet damage is increased by about 23%. The SMG just gets buffed back to it’s original stats (7.8 damage per bullet, 11.5 damage for headshots & weakpoints).

Respectfully I disagree with you YellowLantern19. The content and alterations possible to Halo 5 Guardians is insurmountable.
For example :

Halo 5 Guardians took a LOOOOOOONG stride of a step backwards in terms of player customization. Sure they had added new armor sets, but they had reduced the amount of customization that you could do. Halo 4 let players mix-&-match their armor set so that you could choose your Helmet, Torso, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Gauntlets, Legs, each of those pieces individual paint jobs, and then your Visor Color. Halo 5 however limited players to Helmet, FULL BODY PRESET, and Visor Color. No longer could you mix-and-match your armor setup.

Halo 5 could’ve been improved with allowing fans to mix-&-match their Spartan’s personalized MJOLNIR armor. Some armors (Recruit, Centurion, Indomitable, Mark IV, Vigilant, and Wrath) had asymmetrical shoulder armor so players could’ve had the option of choosing their right shoulder to be Wrath’s left shoulder if they were given the option of having Halo 4’s level of customization. There is also the matter of the armor catalog being incomplete in Halo 5.

Halo 2 Anniversary introduced 3 new Spartan armor designs, which are viable to be brought into H5G’s catalog of customization.

• Mark VI (yes I know it was first made in Halo 4, but the H2A Multiplayer version of the armor is HIGHLY edited and entirely unique. So if it were to be added to Halo 5 Guardians, it could be titled as : MARK VI ALPHA) - Centurion (I know 343 classifies this armor as the Gen-I version of Fred-S04’s armor, but it is in the Gen-II art style so why not have it be brought into H5G and rename it as another rank within the Roman Legions : VEXILLARIUS) - HopliteHalo 4 had a few armor sets that were left out of the lineup that should’ve been brought over to Halo 5 Guardians.

• HAZOP - E.O.D. Gen-II - Mark V - Oceanic - O.D.S.T. - Prefect - Ricochet - VanguardThere is also the option of having the ability to unlock MCPO John-S117’s personalized Mark VI MOD armor. That could’ve been classified as “Mythic-Class MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor Gen-II” and then be a reward to players who collect all the audio files in the Campaign, all the skulls, AND beat the game on Mythic difficulty (L.A.S.O.). And then there is the cut armor set that is Hayabusa. It was supposed to be in Halo 4, but 343 and Square Enix couldn’t collab for another Ninja Gaiden crossover. However, they could’ve at least renamed the armor set to something like “Assassin” or “Hanzo” and then still utilize the design. And another cut design they could’ve brought back would be the Multiplayer Beta design of the Nightfall armor and they could name it : Nightfall Bravo. Plus they could’ve also carried over EVERY one of the piantjobs from Halo 4 to Halo 5 so there is even more to unlock!

There is also the issue with the armor sets that were from Halo Online that went unused. Sure they were made in a separate engine and made to be deformed and cartoonish, but with some tweaks; it could’ve been made so that the NINETY-SIX armor sets were brought over to Halo 5 Guardians for players to unlock. Some of the following I renamed because their design doesn’t match up to the H4 or H5G counterpart with the same name.

• ASPEX - AVOIDANCE - (renamed from “Void Dancer”) - BALLISTA - BALOR - (renamed from “Cyclops”) - BASE - BASTION - BLASTER - BOXHEAD - BUSTER - (renamed from “Breaker”) - BUZZSAW - CAIN - CALADCHOLG - COMPASS - C.O.S. - DEMO - DIABLO - DYNAMO - EMPTINESS - ENIGMA - EXCAVATOR - EXPLORER - EXTRACTOR - FIGHTER - FLENSER - GARGOYLE - GHOUL - GLADIATOR - GOKU - GUARDIAN - GUNSLINGER - HALBERD - HAMMERHEAD - HIVEMIND - HOMING - (renamed from “Seeker”) - INQUISITOR - IRON - JAWBONE - JUGGERNAUT - KALADBOLG - KNIGHT - LANCER - LANDING - LEGATE - (renamed from “Hoplite”) - LOTUS - MAC - MAJOR - MANTIS - MERCENARY - MIRMILLION - MONGOOSE - NAVIGATOR - NI-HARD - NINJA - NOMDAGRO - OMNI - OPTIMUS - ORACLE - PALADIN - PANTHER - PHALANX - (renamed from “Defender”) - PHARAOH - PONCHO - PROPHET - PULSE - RAMPART - RAZOR - RENEGADE - RHINE - ROOKIE - SABOTEUR - SADIST - SAMURAI - SCEPTRE - SHARK - SHIVER - SHOOTER - SILENCER - SILVERBACK - SOLAR - SONAR - SPECTRUM - STEALTH - STRANGER - SUTURE - S.W.A.T. - TANKER - TANKMODE - TRAILBLAZER - TREMOR - TRIAGE - UTILITY - VDOVODEL - VORTEX - WASP - WIDOWMAKER - WRESTLERAnd then we have the Gen-I Helmets pack… such a disappointment. Sure we got 9 helmets from the MJOLNIR Gen-I Era for players to use… so why not give us more helmets? Here are the recommendations I have for more Gen-I Helmets that could be given to players, with each purchase of the Gen-I Helmets Pack giving players 9 helmets each -

• Argus Gen-I (Argus canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - AKIS Gen-I (Halo Reach’s AKIS_CBRN helmet) - Barvo (A helmet made for a pro-league player which was made Canon by 343.) - Centurion Gen-I (Centurion canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - CQC Gen-I (Halo Reach’s CQC_UA/HUL helmet) - GUNGNIR Gen-I (Halo Reach’s default GUNGNIR helmet) - HAZOP Gen-I (Halo Reach’s HAZOP helmet equipped with the CBRN rebreather) - Hellbringer Gen-I (the helmet worn by Morgan Kisano in Halo Wars 2 looks nice) - Hermes Gen-I (Hermes canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - JFO Gen-I (Halo Reach’s JFO_HUL-I helmet) - Mark V Bravo (Halo Reach’s Mark Vb_UA helmet) - Mark V Charlie (Halo Reach’s MJOLNIR Mk.V helmet) - Mariner Gen-I (Halo Reach’s default Mariner helmet) - Orbital Gen-I (Orbital canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - Pilot Mk.VI (The helmet worn by Halo 3’s pilot NPCs) - Raider Gen-I (Raider canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - Ranger Gen-I (Ranger canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - Rogue Gen-I (Halo 3’s Rogue helmet) - Scanner MV (Scanner helmet with the scope attachment removed. MV= Manual Vision.) - Scout Gen-I (Halo 3’s Scout helmet) - Seeker Gen-I (we all dislike Seeker, but this fan-made redesign makes it more likable. Hire the artist and use the design.) - SPI Mk.I (the helmet of Spartan III Jonah-B283) - SPI Mk.II (the helmet of Spartan III Roland-B210) - Strider Gen-I (Strider canonically has a Gen-I origin, so I recommend a Gen-I helmet should be designed.) - Venator Gen-I (Venator canonically has a Gen-I origin. I propose the helmet in the bottom-right with the silver visor.)PLUS they could’ve had another Helmets exclusive pack dedicated ONLY to ODSTs and have it be called the Feet First Into Hell Pack, which would include -

• ODST Mk.IV (the “outdated” ODST helmet worn by the S.C.G. soldiers in episode 2 of Halo Nightfall) - ODST Mk.V (Halo Reach’s ODST_UA/CNM helmet) - ODST Mk.VI (Halo 2 Anniversary’s ODST helmet worn by NPCs) - ODST ONI (a proper 1-to-1 recreation of Halo Nightfall’s ONI ODST helmet) - ODST SPI (Semi-Powered Infiltration started off as an ODST armor. Have a new helmet made for we players to utilize!) - BUCK (Buck’s personalized ODST helmet from H3ODST) - DUTCH (Dutch’s personalized ODST helmet) - MICKEY (Mickey’s personalized ODST helmet) - ROMEO (Romeo’s personalized ODST helmet) - ROOKIE (Rookie’s default ODST helmet) - DARE (Dare’s ONI S/1 Recon helmet) - GRAVES (Graves’ ODST/TAC helmet) - HUDSON (Hudson’s ODST/COMM helmet) - RAMOS (Ramos’ ODST/HVY helmet) - LANG (Lang’s ODST/DEMO helmet)And guess what? That is only considering the armory. What about the arsenal?