Anyone else disappointed with the ending?

SPOILERS

Is anyone else slightly disappointed that there was not an epic battle against the boss, instead of simply placing a grenade on him? 343 should have had us fight him, while he spawns prometheans, and we were given ordnance drops as assistance? For example, spawning Knight Battlewagons equipped with incineration cannons, and us blocking them with hardlight shield? It should have been a thrilling battle. Then, once we weakened him, Cortana coud then suppress his movement and THEN we plant the grenade. Doesn’t that sound better? Thoughts?

i personally dont want to fight the forerunner darth vader and his FORCE! trust me he would wreak you

The Didact having telekinetic powers was a bad idea, they made him out to be something akin to a demi god. It would have made for an epic boss battle and would have made Cortana’s sacrifice even more meaningful.

The battle with tartarus I found a great challenge. The first time I played it I kept trying to kill him with my sword only to die very quickly. When I finally beat him it left me with that sense of accomplishment.

I don’t really feel like that when I play Halo 4.

NO MORE TERRIBLE BOSS FIGHTS IN HALO. /rage

SPOILERS

I personally prefer the ending we got, besides it made sense with the Didact and his force powers. He beats the -Yoink!- out of you basic leaving you with no chance against him, then Cortana disables his armor, you shove a grenade into his armor, he blows up, and you slowly crawl your crushed form over the the Nuke. And then Cortana says “-Yoink!- reason and reality and whatever” and saves you.

Edit: I’m pretty sure the Didact is playing In Forge mode.

Hmmm, probly be seeing Didact again… That was just to simple for one of his stature. Makes me all to curious on where they will take 5.

> Hmmm, probly be seeing Didact again… That was just to simple for one of his stature. Makes me all to curious on where they will take 5.

That’s a great thought. I think you’re on to something

Not disappointed with the ending at all.

Very disappointed. Lame rushed story.

I didn’t hate it, but it did seem like they phoned it in a little.

to my all the game just feels rushed there are no much worthy parts to remember, but after all its the first one of the new management so lets hope that the next one last longer or be more bang! bang!, so we will see.

> i personally dont want to fight the forerunner darth vader and his FORCE! trust me he would wreak you

He doesn’t use the force or has telekinesis, he uses this. Men, I’m tired of people saying that The Didact uses the Force…

> <mark>The Didact having telekinetic powers was a bad idea, they made him out to be something akin to a demi god.</mark> It would have made for an epic boss battle and would have made Cortana’s sacrifice even more meaningful.
>
> The battle with tartarus I found a great challenge. The first time I played it I kept trying to kill him with my sword only to die very quickly. When I finally beat him it left me with that sense of accomplishment.
>
> I don’t really feel like that when I play Halo 4.

The Didact was using a down scaled version of an anti gravity device.
Edit: Beat me to it.

I thought it was awesome.

Quick Time Events are awful.

Halo should feel bad for including awful things like awful Quick Time Events.

> Quick Time Events are awful.
>
> Halo should feel bad for including awful things like awful Quick Time Events.

And Halo Boss Battles are awful, it seems like a lose/lose here.

> > Quick Time Events are awful.
> >
> > Halo should feel bad for including awful things like awful Quick Time Events.
>
> And Halo Boss Battles are awful, it seems like a lose/lose here.

I disagree. I enjoyed the boss fights of 2.

Here’s how I see it. Either 343i comes up with some convoluted explanation for why a Human warrior (Spartan or no) can defeat the most powerful Forerunner ever (of all time) in open combat, or we take a more canonical road and shove a grenade into his armor.

Personally, I prefer the ending we have.

Nope. Boss fights in FPS games never work. Quicktime events are no better mind you, but at least they only appeared a couple of times in the game.

My main disappointment with the ending is that it doesn’t hint much at all to what to expect from Halo 5’s story. Maybe the final episodes of Spartan Ops could say stuff, but still.

H1: Spark still alive, can assume we have to deal with him again in H2.
H2: Cortana left behind, discovery of more than two rings, Chief returns to Earth to fight.
H3: Chief floating towards Requiem.
H4: What next? Maybe I’m missing something and didn’t pay much attention somewhere. :frowning:

> My main disappointment with the ending is that it doesn’t hint much at all to what to expect from Halo 5’s story. Maybe the final episodes of Spartan Ops could say stuff, but still.
>
> H1: Spark still alive, can assume we have to deal with him again in H2.
> H2: Cortana left behind, discovery of more than two rings, Chief returns to Earth to fight.
> H3: Chief floating towards Requiem.
> H4: What next? Maybe I’m missing something and didn’t pay much attention somewhere. :frowning:

Well, Spark is -still- alive. So we may have to deal with him in 5/6.