Anyone else disappointed by the console design?

Ok, I know what a lot of people are going to say: “Oh well if you don’t like it, don’t buy it!”

Way ahead of you my friends, but c’mon let’s talk lol.

TL;DR: I am disappointed by the console’s design, but I understand why printing a more complex design would be less efficient in financial terms. Waiting for those custom series x skins! What do you guys think? Disappointed? Stoked? Don’t care? Have a design idea in mind? Let’s talk!

The long version:
Before I complain or bash the Halo Infinite console design, I’ll admit this: The previous special Halo edition consoles are also made up of geometric shapes, and simplistic color styles, simplistic designs. Was I stoked to see them when they first came out? Maybe the Reach console, because I had a thing for shiny silver things, but overall, not really, so I may be biased when it comes to the Halo Infinite Console. While I do appreciate the space aesthetic on the top portion, I cannot say much for the bottom, that takes up most of the console’s design. I mean what is it? Forerunner structure stuff? If I kill my friend with it, will he be declared “killed by the architects?”.

I was waiting for the console reveal ever since Halo Infinite was announced, and to be quite honest, I was a bit disappointed. I thought that the design would feature Zeta Halo and it’s vast landscape, featuring John 117, either posing, or in the middle of a skirmish with the Banished.

However, such designs are probably not as tangible as I might have hoped; at least in a business perspective. The cost for making a more complex, less simplistic design would probably cost more; like printing in color as opposed to printing in black and white. For me, this is rather unfortunate. However, there is still hope, as custom series x skins will come out.

I think the console was an attempt more at celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Halo rather than focusing on Halo Infinite. There were quite a few “fan made” skins that looked way better IMO.

> 2533274809988140;2:
> I think the console was an attempt more at celebrating the 20th Anniversary of Halo rather than focusing on Halo Infinite. There were quite a few “fan made” skins that looked way better IMO.

That’s a good mention. I never thought of the anniversary being a focus of it. In that case I feel like they could have made a separate console for that, maybe a second Halo MCC edition bundled with Halo Infinite.

I agree. I wasn’t blown away by the design. Nothing about it really screamed Halo to me. But wi the that being said, I still grabbed on cause I needed a Series X anyway

> 2533274836669416;4:
> I agree. I wasn’t blown away by the design. Nothing about it really screamed Halo to me. But wi the that being said, I still grabbed on cause I needed a Series X anyway

Same…doesn’t really say Halo to me either. Also grabbed one up because I’m still running my H5 Xbone

Complete agree that nothing screamed Halo to me. I’m interested to see about the sounds though. My favorite exclusive was the Halo 3 Xbox 360. I loved the look of the gold and green.

I agree with this as well. Nothing about it particularly stuck out to me. But then again, I probably wouldn’t have bought it anyways lol.

I understand your argument OP, but personally, I think it is one of the best looking consoles I have seen. I would buy it, but I already bought a series x. I should have held out haha.

I personally thought that the special edition console looks really cool. I was sorely tempted to buy one but resisted because I already have a Series X. I will agree with you that nothing about it particularly screams Halo besides maybe some of the gold lines/highlights that are supposed to evoke Chief’s visor. Still I really like the whole upper portion with the stars and I think the console as a whole works well together. I do agree with what Brutal Vengeance said, it feels more like a 20th anniversary Halo console rather than a specific Halo Infinite console.

I personally think it’s gorgeous. If I didn’t already have a Series X I would have grabbed one. Just grabbed the Elite controller instead.