Anyone else concerned about team splitting gamplay

Some of my most hated moments in Gears of War was when they forceably split your team in two, and team A does cover fire for team B. Don’t get me wrong I love that dynamic in gameplay I just don’t like being forced by the game to do it. If we want to go tight formation in an area that would probably do better split, that’s our call. If we would rather split in an area that would do better in tight, again, so be it. I found my favorite moments in Halo were trying to figure out the best way, as a team, to beat the environment.

Am I alone, or is the apparent inclusion of this “feature” in Halo 5 kind of annoying.

I haven’t seen anything so far to suggest that’s a feature in terms of it being compulsory

The mentioned it on Gamespot, in a post campaign preview interview.

> 2533274792882722;3:
> The mentioned it on Gamespot, in a post campaign preview interview.

Can you link to it? If it’s the one I just watched I didn’t hear them mention anything…

Ok just watched http://www.gamespot.com/videos/master-chief-never-fights-alone-in-halo-5-guardian/2300-6426434/ and I get what you mean, but there was nothing to say that move was compulsory. It could well have been the decision made by the player so I’m still not worried

Does anybody know what he’s talking about?

Moost of the game you’ll have a full team helping you fight and taking orders and taking some of the fire off you. Now by splitting the yeam from you how will you do with that change its ment to challenge our skill fighting alone like in other halos and im glad at some point I’ll be able to fight without backup alot of times Ilike to be a lone wolf

There seems to be a couple forced team splitting events. Greenskull mentions that a hunter breaks a bridge Chief is on during a mini cutscene, and you have to re-unite with your team. So it sounds like it’s a possibility to happen a decent amount.

Though I’m not exactly opposed to this. Single player won’t make much of a difference after all.

It doesn’tforce you to separate. It’s optional. Even so remember in the e3 showing where lock said Tanaka bale go left buck and I will go right. That’s exactly what’s happening. They weren’t even 50 feet from eachother. And it’s as easy as jumping down to get back into the fray or you don’t have to do it at all.

I would be surprised if they let you jump back over to the other players after they separated you in the first place. If it was more of a suggestion then I wouldn’t mind. Yes it will matter less in single player but often they really raise the combat level in the hot zone so you typically will fail the mission unless you provide that cover. I’m just not a fan of GOW’s forced team splitting gameplay. I like it when things happen dynamically.

> 2533274792882722;1:
> Some of my most hated moments in Gears of War was when they forceably split your team in two, and team A does cover fire for team B. Don’t get me wrong I love that dynamic in gameplay I just don’t like being forced by the game to do it. If we want to go tight formation in an area that would probably do better split, that’s our call. If we would rather split in an area that would do better in tight, again, so be it. I found my favorite moments in Halo were trying to figure out the best way, as a team, to beat the environment.
>
> Am I alone, or is the apparent inclusion of this “feature” in Halo 5 kind of annoying.

I loved those moments in GoW and wouldn’t mind if there were a few in H5.

> 2533274792882722;1:
> Some of my most hated moments in Gears of War was when they forceably split your team in two, and team A does cover fire for team B. Don’t get me wrong I love that dynamic in gameplay I just don’t like being forced by the game to do it. If we want to go tight formation in an area that would probably do better split, that’s our call. If we would rather split in an area that would do better in tight, again, so be it. I found my favorite moments in Halo were trying to figure out the best way, as a team, to beat the environment.
>
> Am I alone, or is the apparent inclusion of this “feature” in Halo 5 kind of annoying.

Hmm, I dunno. I think the forced split can be very appealing if it is done well; I though Gears did it (mostly) successfully. Shooting across the from a vantage point or providing Mortar support was quite satisfying, imo. In some ways, it requires a higher degree of cooperation than when you’re right next to each other.

That said, it can be annoying sometimes too, I know. Ultimately, I’d say I’m on the fence, but slightly in favor of a few well designed splits.

How could this be in a Halo game?

It’s not a forced splitting. The split in mission 2 was described as two options to tackle one big area: go through a tube to attack from above, or go right to attack head-on. They said you can take the high option and provide covering fire for teammates taking the lower path. So it’s not split off and segregated, attacking two separate groups of enemies like in GOW, it’s an optional split to attack the same large group of enemies on two fronts.(Also note, you could ground pound into the enemies on the lower level from the tube).

This is great for replability, particularly for co-op, as you can try to find secret paths to split up and flank/distract, or get everyone to go for a head-on assault.

Also it appears that the part when Chief is separated from Blue Team isn’t a playable area, it was a vision which ends after he sees Cortana and a Guardian rising up)

I’m not concerned about such an insignificant thing. It’s going to be fine and I bet the campaign will open up a lot of open world opportunities.

@rM xNimble If that’s the case then that’s fine.

@DSight Insignificant is only insignificant until it’s significant.

This would certainly make the campaing less fun for me I didn’t really enjoy this feaure in gears of war