Anyone Else Annoyed With the Water in Forge?

I’m a bit annoyed that water can’t be used when making maps. For example, there were some really cool Forge maps in Reach which had either fully or semi-underwater areas, which led to some fun game types. I tried placing some surfaces just under the surface of the water on Erosion, but there’s a kill barrier in the way.

Does anyone else think this should be adjusted?

Wow, this got drowned quickly…

This is just another of the small, but really great features that 343i forgot it seems. Maybe they’ll let you do it on one of the future DLC maps. Unless a TU comes out that’s our only hope it seems.

Wave goodbye to using water in maps for now. We’ll have to see what the future brings.

I’m very irritated about it. It’s an easily avoidable and fixable mistake by 343i.

I think a few days ago I managed to get my head underwater in game, and there was no real underwater filter so to say. No under-watery sounds or view affects. So that could be the reason they put a kill barrier there.

But, even so, it’d have been a cool aesthetic to actually be part of the map.

> Wave goodbye to using water in maps for now. We’ll have to see what the future brings.

Anyfin else to add? Can’t believe I actually used “drowned” on my second post unintentionally!

But yeah, I can’t see it being to much of a fuss to remove if it’s only a kill boundary, but if there’s no effect/sound underwater it might not be worthwhile… Still, it seems like a shame to have that whole area above water but not be able to do anything interesting with it.