Anyone beat this on Legendary yet?

I’m only on “The Truth and Reconciliation” on Legendary. It’s my second play through, and I’m in the first room when you enter the ship. I actually feel like it’s impossible right now, because your whole squad dies immediately, and for some reason, the Zealots with the Swords keep spawning OVER AND OVER. I literally can’t find a way to beat it. I got too frustrated and shut it off, haha. I swear I killed at least 5 of those Zealots, and there were still at least 2 of them that I could see.

Play more aggressively, wreck the waves as the exit the doors, and stick the zealots if you can (or employ some other means of rapidly killing them).

When you finally can’t hold your position, which hopefully takes a decent while, hide in one of the side hallways and snipe your way through the rest. When the music starts, you’re down to the last few waves.

I have a Sniper Rifle and AR I think, but it’s not really effective against them. It’s hard to take out the groups that come out when you’re concerned about getting your -Yoink- chopped off by a random invisible Zealot.

When I decide to tackle Legendary I’m bringing a skilled friend along. Halo CE was unforgiving.

I got caught up there too for my Legendary play through. Definitely one of the hardest parts of the whole game.

You need to get a plasma pistol and camp in one of the locked door ways the enemies spawn in. Its pretty simple to take the elites down with a fully charged plasma shot immediately followed by a snipe to the head. Once the elites are taken care of, from the cover of being in one of the hallways you can have the jackals and grunts slowly funnel into you to easily take them out.

Dont pick up the invisibility till you kill everyone and the hunters come out. That way you can just walk up behind them and give them a single snipe to the back. Boom. Area cleared.

Stick to that strategy and take it slow. You’ll get it! :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Also, use the AR right away on the invisibles. They dont have shields so you can quickly take them out. Once they’re gone, swap the AR for a plasma pistol and keep changing out for fresh ones.

> I have a Sniper Rifle and AR I think, but it’s not really effective against them. It’s hard to take out the groups that come out when you’re concerned about getting your -Yoink!- chopped off by a random invisible Zealot.

“Invisible zealot?”

The only invisible elite is the first, and he can be chewed up by the AR. Like I said, for the goldies, kill them as they enter the room. They are especially vulnerable to plasmas and other forms of killing when they do their rage yells.

> > I have a Sniper Rifle and AR I think, but it’s not really effective against them. It’s hard to take out the groups that come out when you’re concerned about getting your -Yoink!- chopped off by a random invisible Zealot.
>
> “Invisible zealot?”
>
> The only invisible elite is the first, and he can be chewed up by the AR. Like I said, for the goldies, kill them as they enter the room. They are especially vulnerable to plasmas and other forms of killing when they do their rage yells.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more than one invisible elite in that room.

> When I decide to tackle Legendary I’m bringing a skilled friend along. Halo CE was unforgiving.

I know. Much harder than any of the others.

> I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more than one invisible elite in that room.

Then you’re either playing on heroic or lower, or something terrible has happened.

> > I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more than one invisible elite in that room.
>
> Then you’re either playing on heroic or lower, or something terrible has happened.

Nah, but it’s Legendary and stuff.

Put Grunt Funeral on, play on co op, and you’re good… I only did this for Truth and Reconciliation. I’m currently halfway through Silent Cartographer by my self on legendary without the skull on. I never beat the original CE on legendary, and that’s probably because of the flood -_-.

I’ve had Grunt Funeral on, and also tried it with infinite ammo. You’d think I could just camp in one of the rooms and chuck plasmas, but that wasn’t the case. I’ll try it again later. Thanks for the tips.

> > I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more than one invisible elite in that room.
>
> Then you’re either playing on heroic or lower, or something terrible has happened.

There are multiple invisible elites with swords in that room, not sure where the confusion is coming from, unless you’re not playing on legendary. Also to Augmented Fire, I would HIGHLY suggest finding/turning on the bandana skull if you haven’t already found it. Unlimited plasma grenades as the covenant exit the doors = pure mayhem. You can nuke them before they even have a chance to shoot you.

> > sdnomdE;378170 wrote:
> >
> >
> > > Augmented Fire;378164 wrote:
> > > I’m pretty sure I’ve seen more than one invisible elite in that room.
> >
> > Then you’re either playing on heroic or lower, or something terrible has happened.
>
> There are multiple invisible elites with swords in that room, not sure where the confusion is coming from, unless you’re not playing on legendary. Also to Augmented Fire, I would HIGHLY suggest finding/turning on the bandana skull if you haven’t already found it. Unlimited plasma grenades as the covenant exit the doors = pure mayhem. You can nuke them before they even have a chance to shoot you.

I don’t know if it is true but I always thought it was kind of random, I have played it and gotten anywhere from 1 to like 3 invisible elites, so I have no idea.

Hmm… could be random. Someone should test this theory for confirmation.

> Hmm… could be random. Someone should test this theory for confirmation.

If only we could start from rally point alpha =/ that would make the testing of the theory WAY easier…

> > Hmm… could be random. Someone should test this theory for confirmation.
>
> If only we could start from rally point alpha =/ that would make the testing of the theory WAY easier…

Ha! Sure would!

I got past it, and had 2 more checkpoints. My console froze. I remember thinking “how terrible would it be if it set me back to that first room”… guess what?..

to answer your forums title, yes people have beaten it on Legendary. Some have actually even gotten 44/44 achievements.

And to help you out, snipe the invise elite when it stops and roars. then just lob grenades and use the plasma pistol for everything else.

I just did it solo on legendary an hour ago. XD