Anyone Actually Able to Preorder Map Pack?

I was at a GameStop yesterday to preorder the Halo Reach map pack and get my flaming helmet. The guy knew what I was talking about but when he checked the preorder listings, it was not part of the system. When he called his superiors to ask what was up he said that even though they emailed their subscribers about it and now have commercials on TV for it, they are actually not taking preorders of the Halo Reach Map Pack right now.

Did anyone try preordering it today?

I was thinking about going down there to pre-order as well, but if Gamestop is advertising this and hasn’t implemented it into the system yet, I won’t waste my time.

Seems like a questionable idea to me…

Pre-ordering something you download online? It’s not like they are gonna run out of it or something. I dont think I want the avatar item anyway. But we’ll see…

Seriously, I wouldn’t waste your time until at least Monday. I figured if they were slightly competant they would’ve taken preorders since the day they emailed everyone on their mailing list. That was on the 18th. I’ve been seeing commericals since the 19th…

It kind of defeats the concept of pre- if what you’re trying to reserve is coming out in less than 9 days and you’re not taking reservations for it.

You must have a PowerUp Rewards card. Even if it is the free version. Then you can preorder at any gamestop. The codes for the flaming avatar helmet and the maps will be available at poweruprewards.com on 11/30.

So, you only need to go to a gamestop once and pay for the maps. Then go on the website and get your stuff. The poweruprewards card is a must!

I look forward to seeing the flaming avatar helmet and the new maps! :smiley:

They just haven’t been properly trained, and it’s corporates fault. It took 15 minutes for them to figure mine out, but the guy checked for training materials, called other stores, etc. It seems like they’re using a joke of a program on their computers and corporate doesn’t train the employees in a timely manner.

I feel bad for the people at Gamestop, they think it will be a great job, and it should be, but corporate screws it up.

> They just haven’t been properly trained, and it’s corporates fault. It took 15 minutes for them to figure mine out, but the guy checked for training materials, called other stores, etc. It seems like they’re using a joke of a program on their computers and corporate doesn’t train the employees in a timely manner.
>
> I feel bad for the people at Gamestop, they think it will be a great job, and it should be, but corporate screws it up.

It really does come down to a lack of training. Sad panda. I’m going to a Gamestop later today possibly, I’ll see how it goes.

My receipt says “DLC, XBL Halo Reach Noble Map”

That might help if they have any issues.

I wonder if they do it for EB games too… They should do it. But I wouldn’t be very used to it. I’ve gotten used to being given a code [d:] (The halo wars forums were good for having gifts [mini-contests]). Maybe they should do that here too? Like “write what’s your favourite mission in Halo Reach”. 10 bests responses get codes [MARK V [F]].

(Just like in halowars.com)

I went down to Gamestop today and was able to pre-order the Noble pack without any issues.

I wish you could buy it on a disc like the Halo 2 maps.

I agree.

> I wish you could buy it on a disc like the Halo 2 maps.

They did finally start taking preorders on the 22nd, which is when I was finally able to get mine. At about 3:12PM EST, (Tuesday) I got the code for the flaming helmet e-mailed to me, and that propelled me to check the GameStop Power Up Rewards Site for my code, which worked just fine.

That said, anybody who paid for their content the second it was up for download on Xbox Live probably got it hours before GameStop emailed me.

So what did you guys think of the GameStop preorder process for DLC? I did a write up of my experience on my site.

http://gamexcess.net/2010/11/30/gamestop-pre-orders-dlc-howd-they-do/

It was okay for the process. I know DLC doesn’t get released exactly at midnight, but seeing as how it was a pre-order, I half-expected it to be there by 12:01 for me with a code to download.

Also, the flaming helmet is neat, but I really wish they animated the flames some. Instead you look like your wearing a spartan helmet with the top cut off and Carrot Top’s hair is poking out. Still, a fun little avatar item. I’m glad I pre-ordered.