Anybody sick of the leader powers on Legendary?

I just finished the campaign on Legendary today(not including dlc). I found the leader powers just a way for the Banished to get some cheap kills. I thought that Halo Wars 2 was supposed to be more complicated than HW1. It turns out that the AI just use more power on Legendary than on Normal level.

I really enjoyed the campaign of HW2, but found Legendary to be a leader power fest. Blink for two long…half of your army is destroyed.
You out number your enemy…they use one or two powers and wipe out your units.

I’m not a big RTS player, but I at least know that a RTS game is based off of different types of units, counter units, bases, resources, etc. So one power decimating my army with no warning seems like an unfair way to make a game harder vs smarter AI.

I didn’t think it was much of a problem outside of the fact that they’d hit your army during cutscenes. That was infuriating and I can’t believe it never got patched.

Preach.

Don’t worry in Awakening the Nightmare there’s no irritating Legendary leader powers! Be warned… Operator Spearbreaker may not have the Glassing Beams, but it does have Hunters Brands…

> 2535456353198696;4:
> Don’t worry in Awakening the Nightmare there’s no irritating Legendary leader powers! Be warned… Operator Spearbreaker may not have the Glassing Beams, but it does have Hunters Brands…

Yeah, I just started “Awakening the Nightmare” today. No leader powers so far, just lots and lots of Flood.

I just survived against a ridiculous amount of Flood in mission 2. I literally had Pavium run behind my base by the Blisterbacks. Then used my Engineers to heal my base just enough to last the 2 minutes left.

> 2533274924073601;2:
> I didn’t think it was much of a problem outside of the fact that they’d hit your army during cutscenes. That was infuriating and I can’t believe it never got patched.

I hated this so much on Legendary

Just got around to doing the campaign on legendary and the fact that the glassing beam could wipe my units through a level 3 heal is garbage.

I personally helped with the tuning of Legendary with the design team when I was working on campaign. It was made very difficult to help players learn how to micro, split, and get better at the game when dealing with leader powers. It’s not meant to be easy - hence Legendary being very difficult and leader powers being used as soon as they come off cooldown.

Cheers,
Postums