Anybody notice Legendary easier than other games?

Just wondering because Anniversary seemed a bit easy on legendary (Not sure if it had to do with the fact I had Pinata, Famine, Bandanna, and Grunt Birthday skulls on)compared to other games?

I think it’s because in Halo CE(A) the AI was primitive, and in Halo Reach, the AI was at it’s smartest (Taking cover when they need to, not by accident, intentionally pulling off headshots, etc.), which makes Legendary harder.

I can see what I’m shooting at now thanks to the improved graphics :slight_smile:

> Just wondering because Anniversary seemed a bit easy on legendary (Not sure if it had to do with the fact I had Pinata, Famine, Bandanna, and Grunt Birthday skulls on)compared to other games?

You should never be surprised at a game being easy if you’re using infinite ammo options.

> I think it’s because in Halo CE(A) the AI was primitive, and in Halo Reach, the AI was at it’s smartest (Taking cover when they need to, not by accident, intentionally pulling off headshots, etc.), which makes Legendary harder.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Halo 1’s AI do reactively take cover. Sometimes they’re even more responsive than Reach’s are; when alerted to your presence, Halo 1 elites will almost never stand still while you’re repeatedly pinging them with shots, whereas Reach’s elites do this all the time.

Reach’s AI are dangerously aggressive, but the main reason it’s much harder than Halo 1 is just that the damage tables are ridiculous.

> I can see what I’m shooting at now thanks to the improved graphics :slight_smile:

Aside from places that Halo 1 intentionally left dark, I actually think the game is, if anything, easier in Classic Mode. The visuals are much cleaner.

//============================

This said, Halo 1’s legendary is arguably “easier” than the titles that came after it, though I think it’s mostly due to not weighing the game down with much fake difficulty. It’s a lot more fair than, say, Halo 2.

No.

It has everything to do with you turning on skulls. Beat it on legendary with no skulls. Especially not the bandana skull. Pain in the -Yoink-. I’ll say that possibly Halo 2 was more difficult, but all the other Halos are cake walks on legendary.

> Just wondering because Anniversary seemed a bit easy on legendary (Not sure if it had to do with the fact I had Pinata, Famine, Bandanna, and Grunt Birthday skulls on)compared to other games?
>
> I think it’s because in Halo CE(A) the AI was primitive, and in Halo Reach, the AI was at it’s smartest (Taking cover when they need to, not by accident, intentionally pulling off headshots, etc.), which makes Legendary harder.

It was easier because of the Fun Skulls, and the few adjustments. Such as, on co-op if Anyone Died you reverted back to the last check point.

Also I think that after we played Halo 3, and Reach on legendary we learned what to expect so it became easier to anticipate, which in turn made it easier.

Skulls have everything to do with how easy it can/can’t be. CE was tough on Legendary but not impossible. CEA with a few choice skulls make it a cakewalk.

I didn’t play Ce for xbox, so I don’t know about this but on T&R did you get a marine reinforcement in one of the shuttle bays if you lost them all inside the ship? While playing on heroic I saw this and it never happened in CE for PC. I played CE on Legendary so many times I can’t count, but if this is how it was on the xbox, getting bonus marines to act as meat shields then it is WAY easier. It’s not as if it was unbelievably hard on Legendary either, you just had to be careful and know what to do, and how to approach the battles.

In Halo 2 why are my shields so damn weak?! I don’t care if they regenerate faster it’s pointless if they go down as easy as getting blowed on. An elite spits on you on legendary halo 2 and you lose your shields. Bwahahahah!

Nah it was pretty hard on Legendary, especially with those achievements. Those were both fun in a challenging way and frustrating. I got through it though, 40/40 baby! :smiley: No Bandana for this hardcore Halo player, that’s just cheezin it.

Reach in comparison? A walk through paradise lol. Still, Halo 2 is by far tougher then CE. In fact i am so traumatized by cloaked Elites and OHKO Jackal Snipers that it’s the only main Halo game i haven’t finished on Legendary. D:

>

It’s not the AI. It’s the player, weapon sandbox, AI damage modifiers, global changes (i.e. shield recharge rate), and encounters. It was all about balance.

Simple, primal AI can actually still compete with the most recent AI. That’s how impressive CE is.

And mistakes are a good thing. I suggest you read Halo AI Retrospective: 8 Years of Work on 30 Seconds of Fun:

What’s so great about mistakes?

1. They make the player feel smart
  2. They don’t make the AI feel dumb (Of course they need to be the right kind of mistake)

Some examples of my own:

Bad mistakes - mistakes that no human player would make, like running into the wall or sticking each other, standing still and taking fire (H2, H3, Reach), berserking too much (Reach Elites)

And that’s how far the newer Halo games have gone. There are more bad mistakes to compensate for the lack of good mistakes.

Good mistakes - berserking (CE Elites, only happened when they took enough damage. Of course, you had to be fast after taking their shield down), thinking it’s safe to come out, charging at player for a melee instead of backing away

> I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Halo 1’s AI do reactively take cover. Sometimes they’re even more responsive than Reach’s are; when alerted to your presence, Halo 1 elites will almost never stand still while you’re repeatedly pinging them with shots, whereas Reach’s elites do this all the time.

Pretty much this.

> Reach’s AI are dangerously aggressive, but the main reason it’s much harder than Halo 1 is just that the damage tables are ridiculous.

Reach Elites also have longer range advantage and a faster shield recharge rate. If CE Elites fired further and had faster shield recharge rates, they would be even more comparable to Reach Elites, only without the damage sponginess and semi-omniscience. These tweaks are quite easy to do with modding tools so CE Elites can easily be improved without making them op.

> This said, Halo 1’s legendary is arguably “easier” than the titles that came after it, though I think it’s mostly due to not weighing the game down with much fake difficulty. It’s a lot more fair than, say, Halo 2.

This times ∞. The unfairness really slows down gameplay and puts emphasis on cover too much. Also, the very fact that the player has shields gives him a false sense of security so he’ll come out of cover more and will be shot down instantly. This was not so in CE. Best way to test this is to play on Cairo Station with Black Eye on. You’ll find yourself coming out of cover less often when you have no shields.

Depends, i wish they had the achievement with out using the Bandana skull on legendary!