Anybody else want rare, random Legendary Drops?

Since the announcement of the SPNKr as a Legendary weapon, there has been a lot of talk about other ideas for Legendaries such as:

-Halo: CE pistol
-Halo: CE shotgun
-Halo: CE assault rifle
-Fist of Rukt gravity Hammer

What would you think about having these as super-power weapons and having them appear at random and really rarely? Like REALLY rarely so when it does happen it’s kind of a big deal and it’ll be called out ahead of time that a legendary is dropping so everyone will know about it and will want their team to get it.

> 2533274866682248;1:
> Since the announcement of the SPNKr as a Legendary weapon, there has been a lot of talk about other ideas for Legendaries such as:
>
> -Halo: CE pistol
> -Halo: CE shotgun
> -Halo: CE assault rifle
> -Fist of Rukt gravity Hammer
>
> What would you think about having these as super-power weapons and having them appear at random and really rarely? Like REALLY rarely so when it does happen it’s kind of a big deal and it’ll be called out ahead of time that a legendary is dropping so everyone will know about it and will want their team to get it.

AHEM!

:smiley:

Not really. I’d rather have them on a timer.

Random and Halo do not mix.

> 2783251376877086;4:
> Random and Halo do not mix.

I read the OP as when the Prophet’s Bane spawn. I might be wrong in this thinking but having the others spawn in gamemodes were they are allowed at random doesn’t seem bad IMO. Not in any ranked games but certainly social.

How is the CE Assault Rifle in any way stronger than the Halo 5 one?

> 2535460843083983;6:
> How is the CE Assault Rifle in any way stronger than the Halo 5 one?

Legendary weapons don’t have to be stronger, they just have to act different.

I.E. Legendary AR having a massive clip size and a higher rate of fire.

> 2533274809316157;7:
> > 2535460843083983;6:
> > How is the CE Assault Rifle in any way stronger than the Halo 5 one?
>
>
>
>
> Legendary weapons don’t have to be stronger, they just have to act different.
>
> I.E. Legendary AR having a massive clip size and a higher rate of fire.

Yes, but the H5 one actually performs like an Assault Rifle, and not an overgrown SMG. It already does everything an AR should do, and with a lower clip size. Unless they buffed the AR from CE to SAW levels, it will be immediately outclassed by the SMG and the current AR, making it a very redundant addition…

> 2783251376877086;4:
> Random and Halo do not mix.

This.

But it would be really could to have classic weapons in the sandbox. That’d be sick. CE Pistol, H2 Sniper and BR (with glitches), H3 Mauler, Reach Grenade Launcher, etc.

Opens up some cool possibilities.