Anybody else think the trailers are dumb...?

…and hope that nothing remotely like that actually ends up in the game?

I just can’t imagine The Chief going on some melodramatic monologue and waxing poetic like that. It’s so cheesy that the idea of it being canon that Chief actually spoke those words makes me cringe.

For that reason alone, I hope that the Agent Locke scene is the real story and the Chief Scene is the story that makes it back to ONI.

It was pretty cheesy. I hope it never winds up in the campaign. For a brick, he flew pretty good.

EDIT: that’s sarcasm, btw … I enjoyed the trailers.

Meh, it gave me a massive Haloboner.

For sure. Lockes was alot better. The drama, he was like so pissed.

They’re teaser trailers meant to hype up the game’s release date and to promote the “Hunt the Truth” marketing campaign - fun for speculation, but without much substance beyond that. I wouldn’t be worried at all that we’ll be seeing anything like either of those scenes in ‘Halo 5’ - just like all the Halo teasers that have come before it.

I loved it. It showed Chief is cracking, which is very much a human reaction to his situation. Now that the covenant war is over, his thoughts may be filled with rage and regret.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> I loved it. It showed Chief is cracking, which is very much a human reaction to his situation. Now that the covenant war is over, his thoughts may be filled with rage and regret.

I agree. It was unsettling to see Chief properly pissed off like that. Unsettling in a good way.

Nah m8. Twas gr8.

I liked them both. It was cool seeing the game from each of their point of views.

> 2533274870852232;4:
> For sure. Lockes was alot better. The drama, he was like so pissed.

I disagree. Chief was pretty pissed too, which is something we never see or hear from him. Was unsettling to an extent, and pretty awesome.

Trailers were cool enough.

Just not all that convinced about this whole ONI vs Chief storyline. Seems cheap and stupid.

> 2533275021891261;11:
> Trailers were cool enough.
>
> Just not all that convinced about this whole ONI vs Chief storyline. Seems cheap and stupid.

Agreed!

> 2533275021891261;11:
> Trailers were cool enough.
>
> Just not all that convinced about this whole ONI vs Chief storyline. Seems cheap and stupid.

It’s more plausible than all the Cortana crap going around. But I do personally feel the truth is far bigger than just ONI vs. Chief.