Any word on party matching?

Title. I want to know if full teams are going to match randoms and slumber parties again.

> Title. I want to know if full teams are going to match randoms and slumber parties again.

That would be hilarious if full teams can match randoms. All the talk about stricter trueskill and actually getting fair matches unlike Reach. I wouldnt be surprised if you could, but logically 343 shouldn’t allow it to happen.

> > Title. I want to know if full teams are going to match randoms and slumber parties again.
>
> That would be hilarious if full teams can match randoms. All the talk about stricter trueskill and actually getting fair matches unlike Reach. I wouldnt be surprised if you could, but logically 343 shouldn’t allow it to happen.

They shouldn’t, but there is nothing in the playlist page that says anything about it, and 343 has made no word about it to my knowledge.

If so, it will confirm that competitive play is going to be just as bad as it was in Reach.

Removing that “feature” from matchmaking should have been one of the top priorities as it’s incredibly stupid to match full parties against randoms. That was one of the dumber decisions Bungie made with Reach.

> If so, it will confirm that competitive play is going to be just as bad as it was in Reach.
>
> Removing that “feature” from matchmaking should have been one of the top priorities as it’s incredibly stupid to match full parties against randoms. That was one of the dumber decisions Bungie made with Reach.

I’d like to know how this supposed skill matchmaking will work with guests involved.

343i aparantly have some uber pro rank system which is invisible and will place people equally.

However its pretty obvious it wont work well, maybe slightly better than reach, but as Sitristahl says what about guests? The reason imo its invisible is because then they can claim its there when in fact it isnt.

> > If so, it will confirm that competitive play is going to be just as bad as it was in Reach.
> >
> > Removing that “feature” from matchmaking should have been one of the top priorities as it’s incredibly stupid to match full parties against randoms. That was one of the dumber decisions Bungie made with Reach.
>
> I’d like to know how this supposed skill matchmaking will work with guests involved.

Maybe just try to keep an even # of guests on each team? I dunno.

Any way you slice it, there is no positive to the lack of ranked/social playlist distribution.

> The reason imo its invisible is because then they can claim its there when in fact it isnt.

That’s what Bungie said.

Full parties shouldn’t be allowed because having friends in your party promotes bragging about being a good person and being able to make friends. Also, some people will spam other people trying to invite them, attempting to make friends. It’s just a mess.

/notserious

> Full parties shouldn’t be allowed because having friends in your party promotes bragging about being a good person and being able to make friends. Also, some people will spam other people trying to invite them, attempting to make friends. It’s just a mess.
>
> /notserious

They should make the list of who is in your party invisible.

Problem solved!

/facepalm

By chance have you asked the “Ask a question for the weekly bulletin.”?

I would assume no until told otherwise. I really don’t see have how the pairing up people with skill is going to be any different from Reach since it’s seems exactly the same.

> By chance have you asked the “Ask a question for the weekly bulletin.”?

I’ve been on a Waypoint hiatus for a couple weeks. So no.