Any word on Drones, Brutes, and Hunters?

I really hope they include Brutes, Drones, and Hunters. It’s what give the Covenant it’s diversity.

I think the Grunts, Jackals, Elites, and Hunters are enough. Maybe the Skirmishers. Certainly not bullet sponge Brutes and annoying Drones.

The Covenant needs their heavy hitters; the Hunters. I’d love the Brutes and Drones to appear as well but I think Hunters are a must.

I would imagine that after the Great Schism, the Yanma’ee would revert back to their old hive-structured life. They never really fit well, anyways. They seemed to serve as a distraction or nuisance more than anything. They weren’t even that great at their sub-role: maintenance. Brutes still have the possibility. There are still Jiralhanae that work with/for the Sangheli as of Glasslands. I personally don’t want them in Halo 4. I agree that Mgalekgolo should make a return. It’s kinda hard figuring out how they would return or even what they would do after the Great Schism unless they just kept on keepin’ on.

Can’t see a Halo game without’em.

[deleted]

I’m certain Hunters will be in the game. I doubt 343 would only give us 3 out of the 4 original Covenant species to fight.

Not too sure about Brutes and Drones. We’re more likely to see Drones than Brutes because Drones were used as a cheap workforce and mechanics on Covenant ships. Similar to Engineers but not as valuable.

If we go on a Covenant ship during the Campaign I’m sure we’ll see some Drones at least.

Play the first halo then

Well there was the box for a Halo 4 Hunter back at the toy fair. It was only a placeholder image from Reach though.

I don’t like what 343 is doing with the design of the Covenant. I honestly don’t see how they can butcher the Hunters…

I’d be fine with just Elites, Grunts, and Jackals, honestly. I mean, they’re just the side-threat; the real threat are the Forerunner enemies. I’d rather they concentrate on them.

Knowing Hunters, they might have just grabbed a bunch of tech and started their own society on Te. On the other hand, they respected Elites enough that a few might have stuck with them. So they might be in the game.

But like I said, I’d rather they focus on Forerunner stuff now.

I want all kinds of enemies in this game and anything else

Here’s the way I see it.

Less Covie species, more Covie variety within existing species, really exciting combat
More Covie species, less Covie variety within existing species, really tedious combat

The problem with expanding species is that the newer ones often get more attention. By keeping it to a minimum (preferably the CE formula: Grunt, Jackal, Hunter, Elite), there is more time and dedication to develop these species and introduce new ranks (a la H2), and of course, take it a step further (H2 didn’t do this which is why half of the Elite ranks were clones. H3 just sidelined Elites. Reach failed to do this).

343i didn’t like the existence of drone/hunter and brute in canon so they retcon that part.

That is true until we see proof of the contrary.

> 343i didn’t like the existence of drone/hunter and brute in canon so they retcon that part.
>
> That is ture until we see proof of the contrary.

What? No, Brutes, Hunters and Drones are still very much a part of Halo canon in every way. Just because they may not show up in the game, it does not mean that they stopped existing.

However, I would love the see Hunters return in Halo 4, and I would be very surprised if they didn’t show up at all.

> > 343i didn’t like the existence of drone/hunter and brute in canon so they retcon that part.
> >
> > That is ture until we see proof of the contrary.
>
> What? No, Brutes, Hunters and Drones are still very much a part of Halo canon in every way. Just because they may not show up in the game, it does not mean that they stopped existing.
>
> However, I would love the see Hunters return in Halo 4, and I would be very surprised if they didn’t show up at all.

Then I ask 343i to show us proof they do indeed exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > 343i didn’t like the existence of drone/hunter and brute in canon so they retcon that part.
> > >
> > > That is ture until we see proof of the contrary.
> >
> > What? No, Brutes, Hunters and Drones are still very much a part of Halo canon in every way. Just because they may not show up in the game, it does not mean that they stopped existing.
> >
> > However, I would love the see Hunters return in Halo 4, and I would be very surprised if they didn’t show up at all.
>
> Then I ask 343i to show us proof they do indeed exist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok… You could start by playing past Halo games, or you could read Glasslands.

Honestly, I don’t want to sound rude, but do you really need proof from 343 Industries to know that half the Covenant species still exist in Halo canon? That’s like asking for proof that Halo rings still exist, even though we haven’t seen one in Halo 4 yet.

I agree with what a few have said here, The Halo CE range of Covies would work great, Especially if you take in the range of Elites, the higher rank Elites can be annoyingly tough. Should equally get squads of Elites actually… y’know working as a squad. How much of an Oh shi- moment would it be if you were pounding the shields of an Elite general only to have Rangers come at you from either side? Stick the the Elites, Grunts, Jackals and Hunters and just work on making these enemies tough mofos to fight against. 343i are already on their way to that with how Prometheans fight together differently.

> Play the first halo then

CE doesn’t have drones or brutes, I’m doubting whether you even played the 1st one.

Certainly you can be more constructive than that.

Hopefully everything that has a canonical stand-point will be featured.

> > > > 343i didn’t like the existence of drone/hunter and brute in canon so they retcon that part.
> > > >
> > > > That is ture until we see proof of the contrary.
> > >
> > > What? No, Brutes, Hunters and Drones are still very much a part of Halo canon in every way. Just because they may not show up in the game, it does not mean that they stopped existing.
> > >
> > > However, I would love the see Hunters return in Halo 4, and I would be very surprised if they didn’t show up at all.
> >
> > Then I ask 343i to show us proof they do indeed exist. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Ok… You could start by playing past Halo games, or you could read Glasslands.
>
> Honestly, I don’t want to sound rude, but do you really need proof from 343 Industries to know that half the Covenant species still exist in Halo canon? That’s like asking for proof that Halo rings still exist, even though we haven’t seen one in Halo 4 yet.

Good job catching the sarcasm there bro…

OT: I would love to see Hunters again! I don’t care for the drones as they are not important. The Brutes could show up again, but I wouldn’t be sad if they weren’t there. The original Covanent species with the addition of the Promethean enemies will give enough variety in combat, and will give more depth to each race/enemy class.