Any word on custom firefight options?

I’ve been off for spring break and haven’t had much time to keep up with what’s going on, but I just saw some announcements and statements about warzone firefight today and I saw nothing regarding solo or custom options. There have been some phrases used that may indicate a strictly online game mode, for which that is my biggest fear, including the careful use of the term “cooperative.” They seem to put some extra effort into making sure they don’t say anything that may indicate that it has a solo/custom mode, but also that it isn’t strictly online. I’m not buying it, however, and I fear that this game mode will be matchmaking only, as they have yet to even hint towards a solo experience. I don’t want to chalk this up as just another failed attempt to breath some longevity into the game, but unless they say or have said something about solo or custom options, it looks like that’s what will happen.

I’m assuming it will not only be matchmaking only, if anything I was hoping for it to only be custom game/with friends rather than matchmaking. Guessing it will be like 4-8 layers on slightly smaller maps like assault (if not just the assault maps)as well as require you to use the req cards as normal Warzone. I wanted like unlimited req cards/customization firefight; cause some times me and some friends just want to have some fun with Grunt Birthday Skull on, we don’t need some randoms taking our headshots!

Nothings been said officially other than that trailer that’s been released. All we’ve got is speculation

Matchmaking only. Warzone is anti custom.

> 2533274920425916;2:
> I’m assuming it will not only be matchmaking only, if anything I was hoping for it to only be custom game/with friends rather than matchmaking. Guessing it will be like 4-8 layers on slightly smaller maps like assault (if not just the assault maps)as well as require you to use the req cards as normal Warzone. I wanted like unlimited req cards/customization firefight; cause some times me and some friends just want to have some fun with Grunt Birthday Skull on, we don’t need some randoms taking our headshots!

Certainly, my hopes follow closely to yours in the sense of custom options. This game sorely needs more replay value. At the moment, it has VERY little, and firefight is an incredible opportunity to give the game a lot of replay value, IF and only IF 343i decides custom options for their fans aren’t “trivial.”

> 2560081931056311;3:
> Nothings been said officially other than that trailer that’s been released. All we’ve got is speculation

Alright, that pretty much answers my question. I’m hoping they will release some statement about it. Any knowledge on how one would go about asking something such as this? I think an official announcement for custom game modes in firefight would generate a lot of hype, thus more players playing Halo 5 with the launch of FF, which means a more healthy population!

> 2626429604138871;6:
> > 2560081931056311;3:
> > Nothings been said officially other than that trailer that’s been released. All we’ve got is speculation
>
>
> Alright, that pretty much answers my question. I’m hoping they will release some statement about it. Any knowledge on how one would go about asking something such as this? I think an official announcement for custom game modes in firefight would generate a lot of hype, thus more players playing Halo 5 with the launch of FF, which means a more healthy population!

I don’t think asking is going to do anything haha

I’ll bet lots of money that they have a very specific schedule laid out for how they will introduce us to Firefight haha

All we can do is wait :slight_smile:

> 2560081931056311;7:
> > 2626429604138871;6:
> > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > Nothings been said officially other than that trailer that’s been released. All we’ve got is speculation
> >
> >
> > Alright, that pretty much answers my question. I’m hoping they will release some statement about it. Any knowledge on how one would go about asking something such as this? I think an official announcement for custom game modes in firefight would generate a lot of hype, thus more players playing Halo 5 with the launch of FF, which means a more healthy population!
>
>
> I don’t think asking is going to do anything haha
>
> I’ll bet lots of money that they have a very specific schedule laid out for how they will introduce us to Firefight haha
>
> All we can do is wait :slight_smile:

Yes, but that should all be viewed as tentative. Plans can change, or they could leak something in between announcements/previews.

> 2626429604138871;8:
> > 2560081931056311;7:
> > > 2626429604138871;6:
> > > > 2560081931056311;3:
> > > > Nothings been said officially other than that trailer that’s been released. All we’ve got is speculation
> > >
> > >
> > > Alright, that pretty much answers my question. I’m hoping they will release some statement about it. Any knowledge on how one would go about asking something such as this? I think an official announcement for custom game modes in firefight would generate a lot of hype, thus more players playing Halo 5 with the launch of FF, which means a more healthy population!
> >
> >
> > I don’t think asking is going to do anything haha
> >
> > I’ll bet lots of money that they have a very specific schedule laid out for how they will introduce us to Firefight haha
> >
> > All we can do is wait :slight_smile:
>
>
> Yes, but that should all be viewed as tentative. Plans can change, or they could leak something in between announcements/previews.

Its not viewed as tentative because we don’t know that schedule… I don’t know what your point is. That plan that I mentioned, none of us know it.

I have a feeling since they are calling it Warzone firefight, we will not have the option to change it :frowning:

Since it carry’s the term “Warzone” I doubt it will be singeplayer. I also doubt you can customize the settings like in Reach.

> 2533274950162674;11:
> Since it carry’s the term “Warzone” I doubt it will be singeplayer. I also doubt you can customize the settings like in Reach.

you mean no 1,000,000,000 Rp super-shield firefight with turret on Corvette? lol

Some good joke single player mode ideas

“You are one ugly…”: all enemies are cloaked elites with swords

Grunt Party: you just spawn with an unlimited pistol and an insane amount of grunts on the map…grunts only die by headshots/the birthday skull is on.

One Punch Man Mode: melees are a one hit kill on all enemies, no weapons, and you have speed/overshield reqs on 24/7

I’m just imagining like Spartan Slamming a hunter into orange goo or hearing a constant chorus of birth skulls

> 2533274920425916;13:
> Some good joke single player mode ideas
>
> “You are one ugly…”: all enemies are cloaked elites with swords
>
> Grunt Party: you just spawn with an unlimited pistol and an insane amount of grunts on the map…grunts only die by headshots/the birthday skull is on.
>
> One Punch Man Mode: melees are a one hit kill on all enemies, no weapons, and you have speed/overshield reqs on 24/7
>
> I’m just imagining like Spartan Slamming a hunter into orange goo or hearing a constant chorus of birth skulls

It would certainly make for some interesting custom games, wouldn’t it? Hopefully 343i is smart enough to take advantage of this opportunity.