Any way to find out why I was banned?

Hello, I read the FAQ, but didn’t see if there was any specific way to find out why I was banned from using chat. I was playing last night, and got a voice ban in the middle of the game. Was there something said specifically that would have gotten me banned, or anyway the roles in a conversation could have been mistakingly reversed? I never made threats or even swore while playing, though I was having a funny conversation with another player through that game and the previous. He had said in the convo that he would find me and kill me, but in a joking manner. Could that have been misconstrued as have being said on my end? No one indicated to me that the chatting was annoying them or anything along those lines, and it seemed very random to get the ban. Are bans at all categorized so I can know the general nature of offense? I’d like to avoid such inconveniences in the future. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
-Matt

People know that they can get players banned for no reason just by muting them enough times.

So if a someone wanted to troll the other players, all he needs to do is go around muting everyone in the lobby.

Get enough people doing it (only takes 3 or 4 mutes in a short period) when they enter a lobby and BOOM, you are banned from voice for no reason.

And PS, it’s a 2 week ban, not 1 week.

> People know that they can get players banned for no reason just by muting them enough times.
>
> So if a someone wanted to troll the other players, all he needs to do is go around muting everyone in the lobby.
>
> Get enough people doing it (only takes 3 or 4 mutes in a short period) when they enter a lobby and BOOM, you are banned from voice for no reason.
>
> And PS, it’s a 2 week ban, not 1 week.

WHAT! I just mute people because I don’t feel like talking. I didn’t know I was contributing towards that person getting banned!

Why is this in the game?

> > People know that they can get players banned for no reason just by muting them enough times.
> >
> > So if a someone wanted to troll the other players, all he needs to do is go around muting everyone in the lobby.
> >
> > Get enough people doing it (only takes 3 or 4 mutes in a short period) when they enter a lobby and BOOM, you are banned from voice for no reason.
> >
> > And PS, it’s a 2 week ban, not 1 week.
>
> WHAT! I just mute people because I don’t feel like talking. I didn’t know I was contributing towards that person getting banned!
>
> Why is this in the game?

Instead of muting people individually why not just set your chat preferences?

Hrm, that’s really interesting. So the moral is, don’t use chat :P. If people don’t want to listen, you’re doing something wrong.

Cheers,
-Matt

> People know that they can get players banned for no reason just by muting them enough times.
>
> So if a someone wanted to troll the other players, all he needs to do is go around muting everyone in the lobby.
>
> Get enough people doing it (only takes 3 or 4 mutes in a short period) when they enter a lobby and BOOM, you are banned from voice for no reason.
>
> And PS, it’s a 2 week ban, not 1 week.

That’s a bit harsh, I mute someone to not hear their echoing mic, loud music or background noise which is a bit irritating but not that I would want them banned for that.