Any updates on lag?

So has 343 made any comments on when they will lower the lag? It feels like I’m playing firefight in reach, same terrible lag.

I’m having no lag what-so-ever. Its perfect for me.

im sick of this crap alltogether, turning in my H4 LE copy tomorrow, 343i will never get my money again!

-Yoink- this cr@p!

I believe the update is “Fix your connection, it needs work.”

My connection is fine, I have never experienced lag in any halo, besides firefight. I don’t even lag spartan ops matchmaking.

> I believe the update is “Fix your connection, it needs work.”

60 down, 15-20 up

It aint me…

This.

SpOps and Campaign will always lag until the devs decide to do something similar to L4D and not care if two people don’t experience the same thing at the same time.

Multiplayer netcode is pretty good. I’ve only experienced a handful of laggy games, and my connection is garbage.

Are you referring to Matchmaking, or Spartan Ops & Campaign? If multiplayer, it’s all about your connection to the other host. Short of a total redesign, there’s not much that can be done by 343, and there’s really no reason to as it works fine for most people.

If Spartan Ops and Campaign, it’s because they’ve been using roughly the same netcode since Halo 3. Halo 3’s Coop Campaign, Reach’s coop Campaign and Firefight, and Halo 4’s coop Campaign and Spartan Ops all use the same base structure for their netcode, which allow for this massive lag. Until they rebuild a new code from the ground up, this is going to continue.

It’s highly unlikely that this will ever be fixed in the lifespan of Halo 4, as this is a huge endeavor. You’re better off just waiting to see if they fix it with Halo 5 rather than getting your hopes up for a patch that will never come.

> Are you referring to Matchmaking, or Spartan Ops & Campaign? If multiplayer, it’s all about your connection to the other host. Short of a total redesign, there’s not much that can be done by 343, and there’s really no reason to as it works fine for most people.
>
> If Spartan Ops and Campaign, it’s because they’ve been using roughly the same netcode since Halo 3. Halo 3’s Coop Campaign, Reach’s coop Campaign and Firefight, and Halo 4’s coop Campaign and Spartan Ops all use the same base structure for their netcode, which allow for this massive lag. Until they rebuild a new code from the ground up, this is going to continue.
>
> It’s highly unlikely that this will ever be fixed in the lifespan of Halo 4, as this is a huge endeavor. You’re better off just waiting to see if they fix it with Halo 5 rather than getting your hopes up for a patch that will never come.

I’m talking about matchmaking, I don’t lag spartan ops.

> Longhorn1011;2073916 wrote:

I’m on a ~65mbps wired fibre connection. No problem with any other game. Never had a problem with Halo 3 / Reach, even when I played Halo on a wireless connection.

So something’s not right.

I get 25m/b down and 5m/b up and MOST of my Halo 4 matches are lag free. There are the few rare cases where the whole lobby has a red bar but that happens to me only about 1/10 times. A high internet speed doesn’t mean you have a “good” connection, it only means you have a fast one.