Any total war fans?

Seeing as The Creative Assembly is making HW2 I’m curious if there are any other TW fans here?

I have Total War Rome. Haven’t played too much of the game but was pretty fun from what I played. If any of Halo Wars 2 is like that, I’d be happy.

Tbh, I haven’t played a ton of Total War. I’ve always been a bit more of an Age of Empires and Civilization fan, but right now my PC isn’t in an adequate state to run any strategy game.

I have, however, followed CA closely and have done my best to acquaint myself with the quirks of the series. I might like a bit of Total War in Halo Wars, but CA has gone on record saying they don’t want to do that.

I like to return to my empire of Great Britain in Empire: Total War. Personally, now I have no doubt CA is going to make this an amazing RTS, CA focused on pretty large landscapes with open terrain. Halo Wars was a lot more compact and close together. If I had to have someone else work on this it would be Relic, the guys who made Company of Heroes. Most maps contained small close quarters areas. Of course there were still large areas (Especially with custom maps) I just think the way the original Wars was made could be better developed by Relic. I still believe CA is going to make an amazing game, I just really hope people don’t start going “It’s not like Halo Wars” when it comes out.

> 2533274969718805;4:
> I like to return to my empire of Great Britain in Empire: Total War. Personally, now I have no doubt CA is going to make this an amazing RTS, CA focused on pretty large landscapes with open terrain. Halo Wars was a lot more compact and close together. If I had to have someone else work on this it would be Relic, the guys who made Company of Heroes. Most maps contained small close quarters areas. Of course there were still large areas (Especially with custom maps) I just think the way the original Wars was made could be better developed by Relic. I still believe CA is going to make an amazing game, I just really hope people don’t start going “It’s not like Halo Wars” when it comes out.

Well, I doubt it will have the campaign map like Total War so it must stay within the same Age of Empires style. I also wouldn’t expect to see things like cav charges and super long range arty either. I agree that relic would’ve also been an excellent pick to develop it. I’m still sad Ensemble Studios is gone.

i love total war been playing it since i was little and i still play and still loving every second and i cant wait for this game to come out and off topic but i also cant wait for war hammer total war

> 2533274822374099;6:
> i love total war been playing it since i was little and i still play and still loving every second and i cant wait for this game to come out and off topic but i also cant wait for war hammer total war

I’ve never been into Warhammer before but the game looks awesome. I like that the collisions and charges will be similar to Medieval 2/Rome insteado of the unit mass systems of the recent games.

lol, halo wars is the only strategy game I’ve played for a long time, any others I’ve played are forgotten.

Well I’m playing medieval 2 and rome 1 and thinking about getting shogun 2 and rome 2

I play Medieval II on occasion. More of a Age of Empire or Command and Conquer person, but I love it. I cant wait to see what their going to do with HW2.

Total war is one of those games where it’s more based on Turn Based stuff where you gotta take over other regions etc. The actual Fun part of the game is where you get your armies and battle it out in Real Time, lots of strategy involved. However Halo Wars was NOTHING like Total War, And I don’t want it to be a turn based title with the combat feeling a little tacked on, that’s how Total War always has been, the real time combat isn’t very strategic compared to the classics like Company of Heroes, Age of Empires, etc etc. I would rather it turn out like CoH. Hell there’s a lot of similarities between the Haloverse and CoH. Americans got the Airborne tree (paratroopers), Vehicle/Artillery Tree and the Infantry Tree. A lot of the CoH fan base has wanted a Halo Reskin over it because everything fits so well, especially with the germans having the best technology and vehicles, mimicking the covenant. But yeah, I’d hate to see Halo Wars turn into a Total War game because the first Halo Wars is more like Age of Empires and CoH, but it doesn’t stop there from being a grand campaign but in full real time.