Any tips on the Carbine?

Personally I’m horrible with the Carbine. I get killed going into one-on-one firefights and I get killed by one when I’m BRing someone. I just can’t seem to have a steady aim when I’m rapidly pulling the trigger! It just doesn’t feel natural like it was on Halo 3. BR still feels natural.

Really the only thing you gotta work on is being accurate with it, there’s no real secret to it. The rate of fire is excellent but the shots have to count for it to matter.

Shoot as fast as you can as accurately as you can. And if the really slow reload time annoys you like it does me, use dexterity.

Don’t try to fight DMR users. If you want to live, run from them.

Other than that, just make all of your shots count and don’t use it in CQC for obvious reasons.

That’s it. I love it. Especially that reload. So crisp.

I use the ammo support upgrade when using the Carbine, because there are hardly any dropped Carbines in the battle field. Now with the more ammo you have, you shouldn’t have to worry about spamming those shots on enemies. Increases your chances of killing the enemy.

The Carbine is a weapon that takes time and skill to know how to use correctly. Its 8 shot kill is one of the fastest of the rifles, but you miss even one shot and you’ll find yourself outclassed by DMRs and BRs. Also dont bother trying to use it on big maps like Ragnarok or Meltdown, you wont do very well most of the time.

Shoot fast as hell to get the shield break, then carefully place the headshot.

Like always, try to soften up your target with grenades first.

I Use Carbine along with Thrust Pack in my “ninja” loadout. If I’m drawing even in a firefight, a sideways thrust can be a good way to break your opponents sights on you and get a few more shots in, possibly swinging the result in your favor.

I think Carbine feels a little underpowered, possibly just because it takes so darn many hits to take shields down. But it headshots just fine.

Have you tried using the stability perk? It steadies you’re aim while being struck by fire. Also don’t try to use the carbine at long range, the optimal range is medium to close range.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> The Carbine is a weapon that takes time and skill to know how to use correctly. Its 8 shot kill is one of the fastest of the rifles, but you miss even one shot and you’ll find yourself outclassed by DMRs and BRs. Also dont bother trying to use it on big maps like Ragnarok or Meltdown, you wont do very well most of the time.

Agreed, also reload as much as you can because you’ll find yourself running out at inopportune moments. Pot shots work really well with this gun - e.g. get 4 shots in; hide; get 2 shots in; hide; go for the kill.

Using this gun really showed me that everything in this halo is very accurate, so accurate that if your attacker sees you before you see him, 80% of the time, you’re going to lose, and vice versa.

If your accuracy is causing problems for you, try practising in Spartan Ops. It’s a good way to learn how to track and nail your opponents.

Get a damage boost for it

use it on adrift… gametypes like regicide etc work well.

Its pretty good for closer range against DMR users. Especially if you hit every shot

Want the ultimate secret?
Get host in regicide.
All shots will register for a change and the aim assist plus bullet magnetism will actually work.

Can’t get all 8 shots on your target?
Combine the weapon with pulse grenades.

Can’t aim in general?
Get a friend and practice in customs (twitch shots or steady movements optional)

Use a PP to lower their shields then finish them off with it.

I find that using Pulse Grenades with the Carbine is a very good mid/CQ range combo, especially with Explosives and Grenadier.
I tend to aim for centre mass then work my way up to the head, and play fairly aggressively to make sure people can’t escape.
Try and work on your strafe. It’s an 8SK, and even if you miss one shot you’re at a massive disadvantage to the other rifles. A good strafe will hopefully cause them to miss a shot or two, enabling you to even up the ground.
I often use Jetpack with it, it can help get the drop on unsuspecting enemies, giving them less time to retaliate.

Go for body shots then when shields are down go for a quick headshot.