Any tips for multiplayer?

I’m generally pretty good at FPS except the Halo series. For whatever reason, I’m terrible at Halo multiplayer. I get the drop on people pretty often, I get hits on them, but for some reason, I lose the firefights. I also seem to find myself stuck in a lot of 2 on 1 firefights that I obviously lose. Any helpful hints on how to get better?

Aim for the head.

Don’t try to take hits. People are used to Spartans absorbing a few hits but not in Halo 5. If you stand still, you’re corpse-meat. Even one on one firefights can be hairy, be sure to maneuver and try to make sure you’re not taking obvious routes where possible. If you’d normally expect an opponent to come down route A, don’t go down it yourself.

Tip 1: don’t go rushing into massive battles, slow down, analyse the situation and find a good point to go to where you can get hits but also have an advantage. High ground for example

tip 2: DONT engage in long range BR duels, it’s not worth it, try to stick to medium/ close range

tip 3: make good use of that thruster pack! In the right hands you can dodge anything!

tip 4: DONT panic if you get surrounded! Stay calm!

tip 5: aim for the head :slight_smile:

Try a different sensitivity.
Try a different control scheme.
Find a weapon that you like better than the others. (BR, DMR, AR etc… and try to find/use it more in matches.)
i play bumper jumper with 10 sensitivity, my favorite weapon to pick up is the BR.
Halo is way different than most fps games. Practice your strafe and map movement.
learning the maps and weapon spawns is key.

> 2533274812134029;5:
> Find a weapon that you like better than the others. (BR, DMR, AR etc… and try to find/use it more in matches.)

Thanks to all who’ve responded to so far. I guess years of playing against scrubs on COD has made me soft. For what its worth, I found I did the best when I used the Suppressor today. Who knows.

Have fun no matter how good or bad you do!

• Figure your controller settings that best matches your thumbs & fingers-play-style :stuck_out_tongue: - Do some training in the custom - Once you’re ready, choose Team Swat to better enhance your aiming for heads - Once you’re all cool, then go ahead and play some Arena’s.This is what I did:

• Played campaign first and finished it off (“also learned a lot of controls & got used to it instantly”) - First Game was: “Warzone” and I pretty much did good (“15+ kills and -5 deaths, if I remembered correctly”) - After few games of Warzone, then decided to Swat and got 22+ kills with -7 or -8 deathsAfter that I kept playing Warzone…

dont give up. there is a learning curve, youll pick it up :slight_smile: zig zag or strafe a bit while shooting. you want your opponent to miss more shots than you.

> 2533274817587813;8:
> - Figure your controller settings that best matches your thumbs & fingers-play-style :stuck_out_tongue:
> - Do some training in the custom
> - Once you’re ready, choose Team Swat to better enhance your aiming for heads
> - Once you’re all cool, then go ahead and play some Arena’s.
> This is what I did:
>
> - Played campaign first and finished it off (“also learned a lot of controls & got used to it instantly”)
> - First Game was: “Warzone” and I pretty much did good (“15+ kills and -5 deaths, if I remembered correctly”)
> - After few games of Warzone, then decided to Swat and got 22+ kills with -7 or -8 deaths
> After that I kept playing Warzone…

Quick question i haven’t done custom but how can you train there? I assume you need friends or something?.

Play smart, don’t be as dumb as the enemy shooting you. Pick a spot, scan and wait for them to come to you. Also maintaining higher ground really helps.

I don’t have tips for all game modes but my tips for free for all are the following:
-REQs don’t change you arena load out
-Spartan Charge is a great offensive attack
-The magnum is better then you think
-You will die ALOT at first so don’t be discouraged, keep trying
-Use wall climb and be stealthy
-Try to get the first shot off
-Get kills fast (SMG is great at that) people run when they are shot
-Watch for multiple enemy’s at once it may be FFA but you still will get double teamed
-Use all your tools (there are more than just guns)
-Try your best but if you hate the gamemode try a new one that you enjoy

The most important thing to remember is that the matchmaking and ranking system is completely random so don’t expect to ever rank up unless the game arbitrarily assigns you a high rank. Also, don’t forget that half your team quitting is complete normal and your reward for staying in the match is that your CSR will go down.

Wait in the back for people to start fighting, swoop in at the last second to claim a kill and you will level up and get REQ packs UBER fast.

This is coming from the perspective of the person who always has others swoop in and claim their long awaited kills.

Yeah, Dont. I am actually not a fan of this Halo. The MP seems off. Teams seem grossly imbalanced at times…and if you get an early tank in warzone the game is pretty much over.

1. If someone gets the first shot on you, back down and run. Don’t challenge.
  2. If you are on the losing end of a long range fight and keep getting de-scoped, same as above.
  3. Learn to move around the maps to always be catching them by surprise.
  4. Always be near cover, don’t fight out in the open.
  5. Bad players fight at melee range, good players fight at mid range. Don’t imitate the brain-dead spartan charging crowd.
  6. Shoot everything. Assists matter.

Bottom line is to always prioritize staying alive over getting kills. The only exception is FFA.

> 2533274817587813;8:
> - Figure your controller settings that best matches your thumbs & fingers-play-style :stuck_out_tongue:
> - Do some training in the custom
> - Once you’re ready, choose Team Swat to better enhance your aiming for heads
> - Once you’re all cool, then go ahead and play some Arena’s.
> This is what I did:
>
> - Played campaign first and finished it off (“also learned a lot of controls & got used to it instantly”)
> - First Game was: “Warzone” and I pretty much did good (“15+ kills and -5 deaths, if I remembered correctly”)
> - After few games of Warzone, then decided to Swat and got 22+ kills with -7 or -8 deaths
> After that I kept playing Warzone…

I’d stay away from SWAT until you’re more experienced. It’s the least forgiving of all the game types and the most broken. 343 made the stupid decision to include instant respawn so SWAT is largely spawn killing. If you don’t communicate with call-outs it can quickly become frustrating.

> 2533275006282773;13:
> The most important thing to remember is that the matchmaking and ranking system is completely random so don’t expect to ever rank up unless the game arbitrarily assigns you a high rank. Also, don’t forget that half your team quitting is complete normal and your reward for staying in the match is that your CSR will go down.

Agreed, it’s another frustrating reason why this Halo PvP is so broken. You pretty much have to stop caring about rank and K/D if you play as a random.

> 2535431594730596;18:
> > 2533274817587813;8:
> > - Figure your controller settings that best matches your thumbs & fingers-play-style :stuck_out_tongue:
> > - Do some training in the custom
> > - Once you’re ready, choose Team Swat to better enhance your aiming for heads
> > - Once you’re all cool, then go ahead and play some Arena’s.
> > This is what I did:
> >
> > - Played campaign first and finished it off (“also learned a lot of controls & got used to it instantly”)
> > - First Game was: “Warzone” and I pretty much did good (“15+ kills and -5 deaths, if I remembered correctly”)
> > - After few games of Warzone, then decided to Swat and got 22+ kills with -7 or -8 deaths
> > After that I kept playing Warzone…
>
>
> I’d stay away from SWAT until you’re more experienced. It’s the least forgiving of all the game types and the most broken. 343 made the stupid decision to include instant respawn so SWAT is largely spawn killing. If you don’t communicate with call-outs it can quickly become frustrating.

Definitely this. Do NOT go into SWAT unless you have a lot of experience already. SWAT is very unforgiving, demanding and requires a completely different playstyle and approach than most other playlists.