Any Tips For Legendary Difficulty?

Just started a new campaign on legendary. Any tips?

First and best advice I can offer is to go to Youtube and watch the legendary guides by MythicTyrant and/or NakedEli. Both have fantastic tips and tricks for getting through the levels, whether it’s making an encounter a little easier or skipping bits entirely. 2nd bit of advice is that the plasma pistol is your best friend. Overcharge, fire at elites to take down their shields and then one pop to the head with a pistol, DMR, etc. For brutes you want to try and pop their helmets off for an easy head shot :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;2:
> First and best advice I can offer is to go to Youtube and watch the legendary guides by MythicTyrant and/or NakedEli. Both have fantastic tips and tricks for getting through the levels, whether it’s making an encounter a little easier or skipping bits entirely. 2nd bit of advice is that the plasma pistol is your best friend. Overcharge, fire at elites to take down their shields and then one pop to the head with a pistol, DMR, etc. For brutes you want to try and pop their helmets off for an easy head shot :slight_smile:

Thanks stckrboy for the great advice.

It’s not honestly terribly difficult. You can speedrun the first level and finish it in under 15 minutes. Always carry a Plasy P and some type of rifle so that you can finish off headshots. Just use the power weapons when needed (I think in the level Nightfall you are given plenty). Be smart in what you carry, don’t let Kat drive, and take your time.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.</mark>

yo recomendaria siempre llevar tu pistola de plasma y tu DMR, esto te servira mas para los elites sobrecargas la pistola plasma y acabas con un tiro a la cabeza

Use the plasma pistol, the dmr or needle rifle and have a bit of luck and you shouldn’t have a totally terrible time. It’s pretty much gonna suck though

Use a DMR and plasma pistol, these prove to be the best weapons against all the covenant except for hunters; use the shotgun for them.

keep in mind the definition of patience while on legendary run: the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset…there will be times when you are going to be bogged down, repeatedly killed or just stuck…and the above advice is more helpful, speed run whenever you can…Good Luck!

Use the Catch skull.

Trust me, it will help you in the long run as the enemies will be too busy throwing grenades (and thus being in an animation where they cannot attack) to shoot you with their highly effective weapons, you will also have a stockpile of plasma grenades to rely on and enemy friendly fire casualties will skyrocket…

Just try to avoid using land based vehicles and also try to keep moving or you are a goner.

Often times being patient and taking them out one by one will lead you to success. There are some areas you can just skip over entirely though.

I had always been a master of Legendary difficulty in this game. #IDontSkipAnything

Avoid engaging 3 or more elites at once or you will die no matter what weapons you have.

1. Using cover.

2. Using headshots.

3. Using weapon combinations.

4. Conserving ammo.

Note: Co-Op play is not any easier than solo. You will find more enemies/vehicles at certain parts of the game
and you will also find some enemies being replaced with more dangerous enemies.

I would recommend you active the club easter egg in New Alexandra, because you’ll no longer have to fight the hunters in the club. That the only tip i can give you.

> 2533274809498373;12:
> I would recommend you active the club easter egg in New Alexandra, because you’ll no longer have to fight the hunters in the club. That the only tip i can give you.

That is more difficult than fighting the hunters because 75% of the grunts have Fuel Rod Guns, and you can’t easily skip that encounter but when facing hunters… you could just run past them.

> 2533275005016978;3:
> > 2533274813317074;2:
> > First and best advice I can offer is to go to Youtube and watch the legendary guides by MythicTyrant and/or NakedEli. Both have fantastic tips and tricks for getting through the levels, whether it’s making an encounter a little easier or skipping bits entirely. 2nd bit of advice is that the plasma pistol is your best friend. Overcharge, fire at elites to take down their shields and then one pop to the head with a pistol, DMR, etc. For brutes you want to try and pop their helmets off for an easy head shot :slight_smile:
>
>
> Thanks stckrboy for the great advice.

Can I just add to Stickerboy’s advice about the Plasma Pistol. he is 100% correct that it is your friend.

One thing I learnt from Tyrant’s Mythic runs is that while over charging the PP may work on Legendary mode easily to bring down Elites they don’t work that well on LASO or Mythic. For these levels they advise to pump single shots at your target till their shields pop then finish them off with headshots. On POA those nasty Zealots wont pop shields from 2 simultaneous overcharged PP shots but they sure as hell pop when you pump them with single plasma shots for 30 seconds straight.

As we all know an Overcharged PP uses lots of battery life in the weapon but when you single shot it you can get off 3 shots for every 1% of battery life. So I adopted this pumping technique when playing in normal mode and it doesn’t take more than about 4% of battery life to drop and elites shield this way as opposed to about 25% of battery life if you overcharge the PP for the exact same result.

When you have the famine skull on or PPs are in short supply this technique can save you big time.

Try to learn simple ways to skip enemy spawns so you don’t have to fight them or skip battles. ONI Sword base have a very simple skip in the atrium to skip the enemies in the to levels. Tyrant did use it in his walkthrough. It is very easy and useful. https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-shQgzsgxo

The easiest way to kill Elites is to keep a plasma pistol as your 2nd weapon and a good hi power weapon as your other (DMR, Needle Rifle, Assault Rifle work best)
An easy way to kill Brutes is to focus firing an automatic weapon on their heads. seems awkward but it works surprisingly well

Another hint is to always pick off snipers first in open areas, then take out any wraiths and revenants next.
If their are hunters, just avoid their shots at the moment and focus on the weaker enemies and work your way up to the hunters.
In areas with tight enemy groups(mainly indoors) use the needler to quickly take them out while they are clustered together.
Lastly, always expect stray plasma grenade explosions, perhaps the cheapest way to die in the whole game, so ensure you are always alert and on the move.