Any theories on why it's called Halo Infinite?

The name of the game has left me wondering ever since it was announced and we’re now just over a month away from release and I am more curious than ever. Obviously, Halo 5 Guardians was called what it was because of the Guardians, we knew that before release. But no matter how hard I theorise I just can’t figure out what “Infinite” could mean in the Halo universe. What do you all think?

It’s clearly 343i’s way of ensuring that there will never be numbered sequels ever again.

I’d like to think it has some kind of deeper meaning.
Though I think it was a play on the idea of the game being a 10 year platform, not necessarily ’infinitely’ expanded upon, but way more than the previous games.

> 2533274825830455;2:
> It’s clearly 343i’s way of ensuring that there will never be numbered sequels ever again.

So there won’t be a title named, “Halo 7: Chief goes to Heaven”? Super disappointed :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

> 2533274831676489;1:
> The name of the game has left me wondering ever since it was announced and we’re now just over a month away from release and I am more curious than ever. Obviously, Halo 5 Guardians was called what it was because of the Guardians, we knew that before release. But no matter how hard I theorise I just can’t figure out what “Infinite” could mean in the Halo universe. What do you all think?

My theory/guess from the beginning is that it is called Infinite because like MCC I think 343i will just keep adding onto the game instead of individual sequels. Well at least until this saga wraps up.

But also recently I swear I read that the Harbinger was “Infinite” or something along those lines. Might wanna check that out.

Sure. Just as soon as I figure out why Bioshock was called “Infinite”.

I mean it’s pretty simple, it’s a cool subtitle which everyone knows the meaning of and ties nicely into the fact that the campaign is large and open world with an ongoing live-service multiplayer.

It’s possible that the story also could reference the title with having themes of ‘forever’ etc. but that’s not saying much.

Likely as 10 year plan & with 20th anniversary of ce it fits in well.
Halo 6 wouldn’t really sound as good, as it’s kind of a spiritual reboot.

> 2533274810945725;3:
> I’d like to think it has some kind of deeper meaning.
> Though I think it was a play on the idea of the game being a 10 year platform, not necessarily ’infinitely’ expanded upon, but way more than the previous games.

This is honestly what I thought too but I was kind of hoping there would be more to it than that, but hey, the game releases in just over a month so maybe “Infinite” does mean something deeper and we’ll find out then.

Could be because of the biggest campaign world in a Halo game?
Or the long term support plan?
Maybe a reference to something we don’t know yet?

I always thought it’s because it takes place on a ring, and circles go on for ad infinitum, but the lack of future numbered sequels works too.

Because it’s Halo without bounds.

That’s the idea.

Too much thought going on here… The title is almost 90% marketing related, highly highly doubt is has any broader meaning then that.

Because it’s a live service.

Because Halo’s potential is Infinite.

Because the 10 years will feel like infinite? Lol

Just a theory…probably just due to Infinity maybe crashing on the ring and that ship is big so countless things would have crashed/landed on the Halo ring.
Also probably since think Infinite is just a hub so wouldn’t make sense to call it Infinite 1 if there doing something similar to MCC.

It’s called Infinite because the Banished got their hands on the Time Stone and now the Zeta ring is caught in an INFINITE time loop

They’re apparently following Bungie’s naming convention of the Marathon series:

Marathon - Halo (4)
Marathon 2: Durandal - Halo 5: Guardians
Marathon Infinity - Halo Infinite

I think it’s a couple of things. This entire game is a celebration of the last 20 years of Halo, so Infinite is a statement that Halo will be here forever as a staple of the gaming industry. It also ties into the whole 10-year-plan thing, where THIS version of Halo will be supported so far into the future, it seems infinite in scope.