Any techniques/hints on Lightrifle?

Hello there,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to effectively use the Lightrifle? Probably has been asked somewhere within these forums glances down the long list, yet I couldn’t find it? And as a side note: Is the damage output the same as BR or DMR?

Hope that the opposing team sucks.

> Hello there,
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows how to effectively use the Lightrifle? Probably has been asked somewhere within these forums glances down the long list, yet I couldn’t find it? And as a side note: Is the damage output the same as BR or DMR?

The lightrifle kills faster than the BR and the DMR when you aim down the sights (4 hits) but it’s slower when you aren’t scoped (5 hits I think? I just know the firing rate is slower).

Aim down your sights, keep your finger on the trigger, and hope we can all go home in one piece.

Yeah, the fire rate does seem slower than the others. I got a few good kills with it yet I always get outclassed by the DMR. I have come across a few people who have fired the LR like it was a minigun. (probably modded controller)

> Aim down your sights, keep your finger on the trigger, and hope we can all go home in one piece.

Pretty simple advice. Lol thanks though for the input.

Try to get at least one shot on the opponent with the scope. The LR is a 4sk with at least one scoped shot, the other 3 can be from the hip.

Use awareness or stability and keep your distance. It’s a 4SK scoped, so try to get those long range kills. Its burst fire is ok, but you’ll most likely get owned close range. It’s my most used gun for sure. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun to use.

Use stability and make use of distance. Use it unscoped when team shooting as it’s headshot capabilities are fantastic.

> Yeah, the fire rate does seem slower than the others. I got a few good kills with it yet I always get outclassed by the DMR. I have come across a few people who have fired the LR like it was a minigun. (probably modded controller)

Modded controllers wouldn’t work well on the Light Rifle because it has a low fire cap it probably just sounded like that to you when they were firing it in unscoped burst mode.

Pray for the best…or hope that another teammate is gunning him/her down as well. To me it seems more like a supportive weapon.

The fastest way to kill somebody is to zoom in, shoot somebody once, and then unzoom and shoot 3 more times. You only have to zoom in for one shot for it to be a 4 shot kill weapon.

• Its ROF is slightly higher in scope than bursting. This makes the actual absolute quickest killtime with it 3 scoped shots at the firecap followed by an immediate unscoped burst after the third shot. I believe that kills in ~1.4 seconds flat.

• It’s the fastest killing precision rifle in the game when scoped, and the slowest when you burst every shot for the 5sk. Play to its strengths and avoid putting yourself in a situation where you get challenged at closer ranges with it unless you’re VERY good landing awkwardly close scoped shots. That pretty much requires you to play on a high sensitivity too.

• Its ability to pop shields in the 3 quick scoped shots make it an excellent weapon to coordinate teamshots with. In a 4v4, a team can theoretically instakill an enemy from a 4 man scoped teamshot. In doubles pro, a team both using lightrifles can drop an enemy in two shots each, which is about as quick as the CE pistol.

• Its scope is kind of awkward looking for most players. The reticule isn’t round like the other weapons, which makes it seem kind of “clunky” or awkward until you get used to it. This can also cause players to note that it has the highest perceived difficulty to land shots with.

• Going off the last point, it’s technically even with the other weapons’ aim assist and magnetism, but a combination of its reticule and way it fires make it feel closer to a projectile shot like the CE pistol than hitscan like the rest. I always feel like my shot has to be “hotter” to really play to the lightrifle’s strength and actually have an advantage over DMR users.

• Two scoped shots followed by a melee at close range is a kill. This is kind of tricky to pull off, but it can help alleviate the weapon’s weakness at close range. You can beat automatic weapon users to the punch (literally) with this trick if you get good with it.

• The stability mod is a must if you want to be able to play aggressively with the lightrifle against good players using DMRs. Its scope gets the most perceived flinch when shot at, which stability nicely alleviates. Few things are as satisfying in this game as 4 shotting a DMR user in a 1v1 and triumphantly victory crouching and earning your close call medal.

• Albeit a little awkward and unconventional, an all-Forerunner loadout is my choice for using the lightrifle most of the time. Maybe I just like the consistency of all the parts of a loadout belonging to the same faction, but the boltshot covers the lightrifle’s clunkiness at close range nicely, and pulse grenades are surprisingly effective with Promethean Vision and the lightrifle. See someone coming around a corner at a range, pulse the corner as he walks past, mop him up with a burst headshot. Frags with resupply are probably a better overall pick, but I like the challenge. Getting a kill with a pulse grenade is always funny too. Lightrifle primary, boltshot secondary, 2x pulse grenades, Promethean Vision, grenadier, stability. Give it a shot, trust me.

You don’t always have, but if you want to get a 4 shot, get at least 1 zoomed in shot. - For staying out of scope the majority of the time.

Play big team as well.

You need stability always. Never 1v1 a BR or DMR. If you’re going to the single scoped shot is a must or you will lose. For me its best use was long range picking off spawns and going crazy with damage boost.

When you shoot it you gotta be sure you’re on target every time, its easy to miss with.

This is a weapon I only use for big team for the obvious reason it’s a four shot kill when scoped in, but it’s the only time it can be truly effective.

1 scoped + 3 unscoped headshots = kill.

Thanks to all who have commented and gave supporting ideas. (Some were very true such as 1 scope and 3 unscope) Love when people are coming together in a way to help. Lol

I dont see why people dont use the Lightrifle more often. I use it all the time and find it to be one of my favorite weapons in the game. Just zoom in whenever the enemy is at a reasonable distance. If they are close just shoot them in the head lol.

not really a lot to say about it. (btw could someone tell me my K/D i have no idea how to see it)