Any returning favorites? & Secondary concerns

Look, I know that they have added 10 new weapons in the Halo sandobox, and that all of them have been revealed so far.

For humans we got the Sticky Detonator, Railgun, and SAW. For the Covies they got the Storm Rifle. And from the Prometheans we got the Suppressor, Light Rifle, Boltshot, Binary Rifle, Scattershot,and Incineration Cannon.

I am really loving the weapon variety 343 have placed for Halo 4, but what I’m kinda concerned about is that if there any old Favorites returning. Thanks to some PAX footage and screenshots, we know that the Beam Rifle, Concussion Rifle, Fuel Rod Gun or Flak Cannon, and Gravity Hammer are returning thank goodness. But what Im most concerned about are weapons such as the SMG, and original Plasma Rifle (I wouldn’t mind Brute SHot and Spiker returning). Reason im bringing the SMG and Plasma Rifle up is because they have great potential to be awesome Secondary Weapons for your Loadout selection. Because I feel that the Secondary Weapon selection is way too small compared to the large amount of Primary weapons you can use to your heart’s content. Hope you guuys understand

(Also, where is Plasma Launcher?)

I would imagine there will be alot of returning faves that we havent seen yet and probably alot more new weapons

The mauler would make a great secondary too.

> I would imagine there will be alot of returning faves that we havent seen yet and probably alot more new weapons

I wouldn’t count on it. I’m convinced we’ve seen every weapon there is to see in this game. We already have an expansive sandbox. Even more would just be overkill.

> I would imagine there will be alot of returning faves that we havent seen yet and <mark>probably alot more new weapons</mark>

No, they have confirmed only 10 new weapons. I already listed them. Im only troubled with the small amount of Secondary weapon variety. There are 7 Primaries and only 3 Secondaries. They could put 2 or 3 more secondaries(Like the SMG, Plasma Rifle and even a Spiker) just to even them out.

plasma rifle was confirmed to be out and replaces by the storm rifle, SMG probably wont return sice we’ve seen all the primaries and secondaries (no way is the SMG a power weapon). the brute shot isnt coming back if there is the concussion rifle. spiker and mauler wont return with the absence of the brutes (hammer is back because the game NEEDS the hammer)

> plasma rifle was confirmed to be out and replaces by the storm rifle,

Where and when did 343 say or comfirm that.? Do you have evidence?

> SMG probably wont return sice we’ve seen all the primaries and secondaries (no way is the SMG a power weapon).

Obviously the SMG isn’t a Power Weapon, but that is exactly why it would make sense to place it in the Secondary Weapons Options. Besides, the footage at PAX Prime isn’t the final build yet, so there is still a lot more things that haven’t been revealed yet.

> the brute shot isnt coming back if there is the concussion rifle. spiker and mauler wont return with the absence of the brutes (hammer is back because the game NEEDS the hammer)

They haven’t said anything about the Brutes not making a comeback. We didn’t expect them at Reach, yet they showed up. I think they will come back, at least i hope they do.

> > plasma rifle was confirmed to be out and replaces by the storm rifle,
>
> Where and when did 343 say or comfirm that.? Do you have evidence?
>
>
> > SMG probably wont return sice we’ve seen all the primaries and secondaries (no way is the SMG a power weapon).
>
> Obviously the SMG isn’t a Power Weapon, but that is exactly why it would make sense to place it in the Secondary Weapons Options. Besides, the footage at PAX Prime isn’t the final build yet, so there is still a lot more things that haven’t been revealed yet.
>
>
> > the brute shot isnt coming back if there is the concussion rifle. spiker and mauler wont return with the absence of the brutes (hammer is back because the game NEEDS the hammer)
>
> They haven’t said anything about the Brutes not making a comeback. We didn’t expect them at Reach, yet they showed up. I think they will come back, at least i hope they do.

actually frankie confirmed brutes were out on neogaf, when the achievements list was shwon. also, it has been said in the very first information reveals that the storm rifle is what replaces the plasma rifle. also, that UNSC weapons video shows all the UNSC weapons in the game, and the SMG wasnt there, so no SMG

> > > plasma rifle was confirmed to be out and replaces by the storm rifle,
> >
> > Where and when did 343 say or comfirm that.? Do you have evidence?
> >
> >
> > > SMG probably wont return sice we’ve seen all the primaries and secondaries (no way is the SMG a power weapon).
> >
> > Obviously the SMG isn’t a Power Weapon, but that is exactly why it would make sense to place it in the Secondary Weapons Options. Besides, the footage at PAX Prime isn’t the final build yet, so there is still a lot more things that haven’t been revealed yet.
> >
> >
> > > the brute shot isnt coming back if there is the concussion rifle. spiker and mauler wont return with the absence of the brutes (hammer is back because the game NEEDS the hammer)
> >
> > They haven’t said anything about the Brutes not making a comeback. We didn’t expect them at Reach, yet they showed up. I think they will come back, at least i hope they do.
>
> actually frankie confirmed brutes were out on neogaf, when the achievements list was shwon. also, it has been said in the very first information reveals that the storm rifle is what replaces the plasma rifle. also, that UNSC weapons video shows all the UNSC weapons in the game, and the SMG wasnt there, so no SMG

Can you provide the link of Neogaf?

Interesting and Unique post

Hadnt thought about the 2ndary weapons but I like your ideas!

I agree, I would like to see the SMG,Plasma Rifle (NOT that crappy Plasma Repeater from reach), Needler, Mauler, brute shot, Flame GRednades!, dont really care for the spiker, id like to see the halo reach plasma launcher back again (that was an interesting gun) oh and the Silenced SMG and Magnum from ODST!!

oh man this thread got me thinkin still lol

I would love to see:

The Halo 1 PC Rocket Hog!!

and the Halo 3 Banshee

and the Lock-on Halo 2 Rocket Launcher

and the Halo 3 Sandtrap ELEPHANT!! (c’mon who didnt love Elephant Wars!!)

and the Halo 3 Brute Chopper!!

The Halo 2 Spectre (cuz it could climb walls like a champ!)

The Halo 2 Ghost (cuz i always liked that exploding fuel tank on the left side)

The Halo 3 Missile Launcher

The Halo 2 Energy Sword! (Epic Sword Lunge and infinite energy!!)

probably got a little off topic there but

i had fun listing all of my favorite things from all the Halos

I think that continuing in the vein of Halo 4 returning to the theme of a true ‘space opera’ (unlike Halo Reach, and to some extent, Halo 3 even), the focus is on the Chief’s adaptability. You are in strange lands, encountering new foes, and uncertain of your every step but unwavering in your resolve. That means you draw upon any resource at hand, meaning a number of the weapons you fight with will be unfamiliar to your human hands. I think the introduction of the Forerunner weaponry fulfills exactly that, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see human weaponry take a distinctly less prominent role in the campaign until you reach resupply points or make contact with other humans (which would be rare).

> I think that continuing in the vein of Halo 4 returning to the theme of a true ‘space opera’ (unlike Halo Reach, and to some extent, Halo 3 even), the focus is on the Chief’s adaptability. You are in strange lands, encountering new foes, and uncertain of your every step but unwavering in your resolve. That means you draw upon any resource at hand, meaning a number of the weapons you fight with will be unfamiliar to your human hands. I think the introduction of the Forerunner weaponry fulfills exactly that, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see human weaponry take a distinctly less prominent role in the campaign until you reach resupply points or make contact with other humans (which would be rare).

This was way off topic dude. I m talking multiplayer here.