Any Players over 60 years old?

I am totally addicted to Halo 5, FFA and I am 63 y/o.
I know I should be playing Bingo or shuffle board at my age, but Halo 5 is just way cooler. :slight_smile:
I can’t compete with the lightening fast reflexes of the younger gamers, but I like playing anyway. Are there any other old, old gamers out there on Halo 5? I play FFA a lot, so I am not dragging a team down if I don’t perform well. Might be interesting to do this with guys closer to my age.
I just wondered how many guys in my age group were out there playing.
Thanks.

Serious question, every time you die in a match does your entire life flash before your eyes?

> 2533274975021613;2:
> Serious question, every time you die in a match does your entire life flash before your eyes?

go to your room

I hope you find some like aged gamers OP. Nice to have you in the ranks!
Halo 5 is much better than Bingo!

I’m not but my father is in his 60’s and loves Halo, got him addicted back in the Halo 3 days haha.

There are older gamers around, a colleague of mine is 55 and put over 500 hours in Skyrim and is close to 200 in fallout 4 already. Not sure about Halo though good luck on your search!

Old gamers = awesome! I hope I am dealing some online kills when I am your age. Props to you!

Halo 5 > Bingo for sure!

> 2745721379961009;1:
> I am totally addicted to Halo 5, FFA and I am 63 y/o.
> I know I should be playing Bingo or shuffle board at my age, but Halo 5 is just way cooler. :slight_smile:
> I can’t compete with the lightening fast reflexes of the younger gamers, but I like playing anyway. Are there any other old, old gamers out there on Halo 5? I play FFA a lot, so I am not dragging a team down if I don’t perform well. Might be interesting to do this with guys closer to my age.
> I just wondered how many guys in my age group were out there playing.
> Thanks.

this is great.

I am only in my 30’s but its nice to see someone older then me, and like to play Games. usually the people your Age give me the “Grow Up” look when they find out I play games.

“Halo 5: More fun that pushing a hoop with a stick down a dirt road.”

New ad campaign.

i always played halo 3 with a guy who was about 50 at the time, not sure if he is still kicking around halo or not.

> 2745721379961009;1:
> I know I should be playing Bingo or shuffle board at my age, but Halo 5 is just way cooler. :slight_smile:
> I can’t compete with the lightening fast reflexes of the younger gamers, but I like playing anyway. Are there any other old, old gamers out there on Halo 5? I play FFA a lot, so I am not dragging a team down if I don’t perform well. Might be interesting to do this with guys closer to my age.
> Thanks.

OP, don’t feel awkward about playing video games at your age. You have no idea the benefits playing video games can have on things like dexterity, decision making, hand/eye coordination, vision, reaction time, memory, and so forth. The list goes on. Or perhaps you do know that, I don’t know.

Even at 30, I’m already nearly a decade past my cognitive prime, I think we peak somewhere around 23. But studies have shown video games, especially shooters, help in a lot of areas. Gamers tend to be better drivers, surgeons who play video games make roughly 30% fewer mistakes, musicians who play tend to be more proficient at their instruments (and vice versa).

What I’m saying is, not only is it perfectly fine for someone your age to be playing: it’s good for you.

And video games have been for about 40 years; developed by people in their 20s and 30s at the time. So you’re no older than the first generation folks. It’s all good.

> 2745721379961009;1:
> Thanks.

Well I honestly think your’re going to be hard pressed to find someone around your age, but i’m sure you could find some actually chill people to play with regardless of age. Just keep playing you’ll find some people.

U are the number 1 !!!

> 2533274975021613;2:
> Serious question, every time you die in a match does your entire life flash before your eyes?

Lol

Mr. Martini85 made my day.

Salute! I love to hear about the older generation staying up-to-date with current technology!

> 2745721379961009;16:
> Mr. Martini85 made my day.

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

I am not over 60 but that is cool. My dad doesn’t really play games anymore but he is the one who got us into gaming. I have a bunch of older siblings and they didn’t grow up with us, so I was the oldest and dad treated me as if I was a son. So it wasn’t barbie dolls and dresses for me. He played video games with me. I loved it. Tried to get my younger sister into it but she never really was big on it, but she plays like 3DS games. Then finally I got a little brother and was so excited and guess what, he hated my guts and only liked our sister. He spent all his time trying to get her to play games with him and I spent all my time trying to get him to play games with me.

I kind of would like to get my dad back into gaming. I am sure he wouldn’t play Halo though. He is more into stuff like Tekken and Need for Speed. But he was really good at those and I made me want to always try my best at games.

> 2533274869239954;19:
> I am not over 60 but that is cool. My dad doesn’t really play games anymore but he is the one who got us into gaming. I have a bunch of older siblings and they didn’t grow up with us, so I was the oldest and dad treated me as if I was a son. So it wasn’t barbie dolls and dresses for me. He played video games with me. I loved it. Tried to get my younger sister into it but she never really was big on it, but she plays like 3DS games. Then finally I got a little brother and was so excited and guess what, he hated my guts and only liked our sister. He spent all his time trying to get her to play games with him and I spent all my time trying to get him to play games with me.
>
> I kind of would like to get my dad back into gaming. I am sure he wouldn’t play Halo though. He is more into stuff like Tekken and Need for Speed. But he was really good at those and I made me want to always try my best at games.

My dad had an Atari, a Coleco Vision, and two arcade cabinet games (Asteroids and Vanguard) in the 80s that I grew up with (well, I was born in 85, so maybe for a couple of years in the 80s). So he was most definitely a gamer. Then he got us (my three sisters and I) an NES around 1991 and played with us then, but by the time he got us the SNES, he pretty much stopped playing.

He still would watch us play and I remember him being real intrigued when games started going 3D with the N64. I remember when he was visiting my place, I was showing him Reach and and the graphics switching in CEA and he thought Reach looked amazing and that it was silly to put new graphics on old games because in 8 years time the new graphics would look just as bad. He’s absolutely right, but I still like the Anniversary games a lot.