Any other news on Halo 5 so far?

I haven’t been playing Halo 4 in months. So I’m just wondering if there has been any news since the teaser trailer.

Looks like it is Halo 5, but they haven’t confirmed what the actual title will be.

60 fps, first person shooter, set in the aftermath of Halo 4.

They’ve pretty strongly indicated that the data chip and setting are accurate indicators of the plot, much like the teaser for Halo 4 wasn’t misleading even though it didn’t happen that way in game.

> Looks like it is Halo 5, but they haven’t confirmed what the actual title will be.
>
> 60 fps, first person shooter, set in the aftermath of Halo 4.
>
> They’ve pretty strongly indicated that the data chip and setting are accurate indicators of the plot, much like the teaser for Halo 4 wasn’t misleading even though it didn’t happen that way in game.

You forgot the most important thing: Dedicated servers :smiley:

Not really. Doubt we’ll be getting anything new until next year at E3.

I wouldn’t want that do to the fact that you don’t want them to over advertise H5 like they did H4. As for the TV show I wouldn’t mind some more info on that.

60 FPS, Dedicated servers, cloud computing would all be features.

The only other real thing that comes to mind is that in the campaign that you could store weapons to take through to other levels in some fashion, and that you would be able to upgrade Chief in some manner.

HOWEVER, those ones came from some source ages ago of dubious authenticity, so take that with a pinch of salt.

> 60 FPS, Dedicated servers, cloud computing would all be features.
>
> The only other real thing that comes to mind is that in the campaign that you could store weapons to take through to other levels in some fashion, and that you would be able to upgrade Chief in some manner.
>
> HOWEVER, those ones came from some source ages ago of dubious authenticity, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Big ole bucket of salt. That “leak” was 100% bogus.

> Not really. Doubt we’ll be getting anything new until next year at E3.

This unless there is another big conference coming soon.

> > 60 FPS, Dedicated servers, cloud computing would all be features.
> >
> > The only other real thing that comes to mind is that in the campaign that you could store weapons to take through to other levels in some fashion, and that you would be able to upgrade Chief in some manner.
> >
> > HOWEVER, those ones came from some source ages ago of dubious authenticity, so take that with a pinch of salt.
>
> Big ole bucket of salt. That “leak” was 100% bogus.

Yeah, didn’t Frank come out and say that it pretty much was bogus?

In a recent interview with Frank O’ Connor he said that he wants to have a spectator mode and possibly MLG . Source

> In a recent interview with Frank O’ Connor he said that he wants to have a spectator mode and possibly MLG . Source

Woah woah woah, are you telling me that 343i finally realized that catering solely to the casual/new player side of things wasn’t the best way to go? And that making the game competitive rather than accessible is what they should focus on next???

Damn… I never thought I’d see the day…

> And that <mark>making the game competitive rather than accessible</mark> is what they should focus on next???
>
> Damn… I never thought I’d see the day…

I’m not sure you were trying to say they are mutually exclusive, but you’ve presented a false dilemma. They should aspire to do both.

Not much except a hint at the flood and a mysterious data chip in a briefly shown game description on the Microsoft Store.

> > And that <mark>making the game competitive rather than accessible</mark> is what they should focus on next???
> >
> > Damn… I never thought I’d see the day…
>
> I’m not sure you were trying to say they are mutually exclusive, but you’ve presented a false dilemma. They should aspire to do both.

No, I wasn’t trying to say that. Sorry, I misphrased that sentence. What I meant to say is that they realized that they need to focus on the competitive aspect rather than solely on casual accessibility. Having done so in Halo 4 did not work at all. Being a casual player myself, I must admit that Halo 4’s lack of competitive focus really ruins the game for me, since I don’t have all that much fun with it. Halo 1, 2 and 3 were competitive games, but I found myself falling in love with the games due to their balance and unique playstyle.

Even if they did focus mainly on the competitive side, I believe that 343i would find a lot more success with future Halo games than they did with Halo 4. Remember, casual gamers that don’t care about winning and just want to have fun can enjoy a competitive game, but competitive players will feel left out when the game focuses mainly on accessibility.

>

I figured as much. I feel much the same. I just figured that some clarification was needed because misunderstanding on that point can make some of the more casual sorts think that we are trying to run them off or believe there shouldn’t be a place for them.

In fact, I’m very casual about my competitive gaming and typically just do it when I feel like it.

But dang it I play to win!