Any other casual gamers feeling frustrated?

I’m pretty sure I’m well over the median age for Xbox Live. Basically, I don’t have much time for playing at this stage of my life, but I recently got back into gaming and play when I can. Halo Wars 2 came out and I was excited to see a nice RTS. The first few days there was a learning curve, but I held my own and won a few online matches. However, in recent days I just get smoked. Completely destroyed. I don’t stand a chance and I honestly can’t invest the time to become a truly great Halo Wars 2 player. I find the online play to be frustrating, completely not fun to lose all the time.

I have a theory that late at night when I play it’s the more hardcore players. Can anyone substantiate that? Is the midnight crowd on this game a bunch of unemployed hardcore gamers or something? Unless I can find a better game mode, or more casual opponents, I might as well hang up the gloves for the online play with this one.

I’ve only used the default guy (Cutter?) and I’m always feeling a bit outgunned. I also noticed not many other people use him, making me think I might not be picking the best character. I dunno, before I just say screw this, any suggestions? Different game modes other than solo war that I might enjoy? Times of the evening to avoid?

Tldr: I work a lot and I’m old, just got back into gaming and like HW2. I get crushed online and it’s not enjoyable anymore, thinking about hanging it up. Thoughts or suggestions?

Have you tried practicing on skirmish or maybe teaming up and learning new strategy that way? I’m an older player with a lot less time than I used to have for games but I still get to invest some time on Halo.

I’m sure when they add in the ranked playlists, the current ones will better cater for the casual gamer.

Matchmaking vs Ai can be fun too if you’re just keen to chill out.

> 2533274920534583;2:
> Have you tried practicing on skirmish or maybe teaming up and learning new strategy that way? I’m an older player with a lot less time than I used to have for games but I still get to invest some time on Halo.

By skirmish you just mean playing the AI, right? I mean, I did that to learn when I first got it, but I haven’t turned back to playing the AI since trying to play online. I’m actually going to join the choir complaining about rushing. I think it’s a big problem, for me at least it makes the game way less fun. It feels like everyone I play against is trying to end the match as soon as it starts. I get it, the point is to win, but for me it’s just not enjoyable to play like that. I’ve tried to join the rush tactic, almost as a frustrated response of sorts. I won a few unfulfilling matches that way, but then in recent days I just get my -Yoink- handed to me.

Work is busy, I’ve got other stuff I should be doing, life is short, and if I’m not having fun I should just stop playing. I guess I’ll try the AI for a while. I just had yet another match where I got overwhelmed with barracks soldiers early on. I might throw in the towel towards online gaming, at least on this one, which is kinda a shame since I liked it at first.