Any one else notice this pattern

Halo ce, and halo 2 are the only unique halo’s, my favorite was halo 3 becuase it combined the two and was just pure awsome. Now after those two, halo 3 was actually inspired by halo ce while still having the feel of h2. Bungie decides after one game and 6 years we can bring back halo ce.

Then comes Halo wars were the story is different but the stuff is just so halo ce like. For example the pistol and the ar sounded and looked the same not to mention other stuff.

Halo 3 odst was brought by bungie to bring the feel of only having one wepaon in hand and having a health system suing health pack.

Finally comes halo reach were bungie decides to bring back halo ce with a formulae of failure ( no offense to reach supporters:] ). The game was simply most of halo ce and its own multiplayer.

Seriously, i will not support anymore games acting like the first one, seriously get over it, halo ce had its time, why not try to copy halo 3’s system and add a health system using halo 3 health system still (this time with a health bar).

Hey Jet Sof 117, you bring up some good points, but I think you’re missing out on some key points. Halo CE was most certainly a unique game, being the first of its kind. But Halo 2 is a sequel, just like 3, ODST, and Reach are. Let’s take into account a really important thing as well: games are generally improved upon each other in a sequel. Are they original? Depends how you define “original”. I’d argue that for a massive hit like Halo CE, you’d be warranted (even required in a way!) to make a sequel, to keep the community happy. Halo 3 brought the series to the Xbox 360, and included a huge number of improvements. ODST was intended to be an expansion pack and was a BRILLIANT campaign experience and added the Firefight experience. Reach has a new gameplay experience as well, and brings the series to a new place.

All I’m saying is that you’re not looking at these things the right way. A game studio is made up of hundreds of people, do you realize that it’s not like “hey, let’s make a remake of Halo CE!”. While I appreciate your passion for Halo, I really don’t think you’re thinking out the way Halo is developed. Every game is very much different, you should go back to some of the old games and play them again and see how clunky they feel.

“halo 3 was actually inspired by halo ce while still having the feel of h2”
“Halo 3 odst was brought by bungie to bring the feel of only having one wepaon in hand and having a health system suing health pack.”
“Finally comes halo reach were bungie decides to bring back halo ce with a formulae of failure ( no offense to reach supporters:] ). The game was simply most of halo ce and its own multiplayer.”
All of these are very different games, you keep saying “feel of”…well, yeah, it’s a sequel. It’s Halo! That’s what makes these games so great! I mean, if Halo 3 was Bioshock, would you rather play it? I know I wouldn’t, it wouldn’t be Halo anymore. With every iteration, Halo gets expanded in new directions and improved. I really think you should go back to the old Halos and see how Halo has improved, rather than how Halo is similar to the old ones.

That’s what makes Halo so awesome, it’s just keeps getting more and more polished and finds a new spin on the same Halo formula, and that’s what makes the Halo community come together like how we are here :slight_smile: